• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Smileys! :D

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
So I've been an extremely active user of another forum, and I notice they have a lot more fun with smileys. I don't see many people using them on here
52b0f867.gif
This is completely random, but I've been using these in my posts anyway so maybe they'll catch on here as a start for people using more smileys.
hug.gif

As Hiroshi said, some Pokéthemed ones would be great!
hug.gif

Last edited:

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I'd like to suggest that smileys are extremely antiquated now. I'd like to see some more Pokémon-related ones, but culture dictates that it's all about the GIFs and the emoji. Personally, I especially wouldn't add those kinds of smilies. They're literally the scourge of the web. :P

��

Of course not these, just examples, but I mean there are so few smileys on this forum! It'd be nice to see some in the future. Pokémon themed would be great! :D

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I made two Pokémon related smileys a while back (a laughing Jigglypuff and a smiling Pikachu) so I suggest we start a collab or something of the sort (like we did for links to the forum, many people made banners) so we all can give some Pokémon smileys, except... not many would contribute or something. So I would like to know how we can "donate" a smiley to the site?

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
I made two Pokémon related smileys a while back (a laughing Jigglypuff and a smiling Pikachu) so I suggest we start a collab or something of the sort (like we did for links to the forum, many people made banners) so we all can give some Pokémon smileys, except... not many would contribute or something. So I would like to know how we can "donate" a smiley to the site?

That's a good idea!

I feel like smileys, while not adding anything fundamental to a forum, can add some forum-culture to it. When people all use smileys, give them meaning, and make them catch on, it starts to define the userbase! You should start using your Pokésmilies that you made, maybe they can catch on! You never know :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't have much to say here other than I adore this idea, let's pleeease do it. I would love for Pokémon-based smilies to become a proper thing here and what better way to make that happen than a site-wide collaboration to make some? Made by the users for the users.

The only smilies I tend to use currently are the Trozei ones :t320: so I'd love to see more Pokémon options.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
I agree with this! The Trozei icons are a perfect contender as they show emotion. It's too bad the Mystery Dungeon ones couldn't be used without looking a tad awkward. Unless they could work somehow?

Sirfetch’d

I don't have much to say here other than I adore this idea, let's pleeease do it. I would love for Pokémon-based smilies to become a proper thing here and what better way to make that happen than a site-wide collaboration to make some? Made by the users for the users.

The only smilies I tend to use currently are the Trozei ones :t320: so I'd love to see more Pokémon options.

Totally agree with this idea because we are a Pokemon forum and having more Pokemon based simlies would make perfect sense. I could definitely see this being a community project like Alex suggested and have everyone contribute!

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
I looove the idea of making smileys a community project. It woudl not only bring the community together, but I think it'd give sections such as Pixel Art and Art & Design some activity.

I'm all for it!
This is sorta how it works on another forum I frequent, so I'm definitely down with this idea.

Back