• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RO: NOW OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2010
Server has now been released and opened.

pmro.jpg

Febuary 01, 2009
5:00 PM - Western Coast Timezone

Client can currently be downloaded here: http://pokemonro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=369

-Registration will be _M/_F (Pretty sure you all know how to do that)
-Bugs get reported: www.pokemonro.net/bt
-You must have an install key to install. The keys are currently below
-I am only allowing a maximum of 20 online at the time
-Server will be online/offline (When there are changes)
-Server will be wiped often

Thanks,

PokemonRO Development.

WE ARE STILL IN BETA!!

***********UPDATE***********

PokemonRO Beta Client Released

Download Link: CLICK HERE

Beta Player Install Key:

Code:
	1.		2990-9215-6148
	2.		1118-8063-8715
	3.		9012-7439-7576
	4.		3084-8194-6040
	5.		6919-0414-1252

Public Beta Test (Server Opening): Febuary 01, 2009

Update:
screenpmro034hr4.jpg

++++++++++
What is PmRO?
++++++++++

PokemonRO is a Ragnarok Online Modification which involves including pokemon in the RO world. By using Gravity's powerful RO engine, we can create a server, which will act as a 3d enviroment. We want this game to be based on the Original 150 pokemon, but we can add more from newer versions also. The server will have many features including SRC edits, and a unique pokemon catching system. The client will have many pokemon sprites, maps, and items. (Such as monsters, towns, and items - pokedex B) )

Wanted: [ SPRITER ] WE CURRENTLY NEED A PERSON WHO CAN MAKE SPRITES FOR CERTAIN POKEMON, we can not find a pidgey sprite so we are using tailow ;_; if you could help please sign up :D

Story: The Server is basically going to follow the first Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow plotline. You start off in pallet town and go around battling gym leaders on a quest to become a pokemon master. Later on we will be implanting / mapping the Johto region.

Status: Currently Open and almost done mapping Viridian Forest.

++++++++++
Staff currently employed by PmRO
++++++++++

Head Developers and Administrators
  • bballa99
Head of SRC Editing
  • bballa99
  • ________
  • _________
Spriters
  • bballa99
  • FireFang
  • _________
Mappers
  • DubHalo
  • Ducky
  • _________
Scripters
  • _________
  • _________
Developers & Testers++++++++++
CUSTOMIZATION & FEATURES
++++++++++

Features:
  • Instead of WoE, it will be like a top pokemon master match.
  • A bounty system, a look out for the best pokemon trainer in the game
  • Everytime you catch a pokemon, there will be a chance that the pokemon is "Shiny" or "Dark".
  • The skills will be added as the original skills in pokemon. (Ex. Tackle instead of bash)
  • The custom pokemon trainer sprite for boys/girls. (See below)
  • Custom items such as: Badges/Bicycle/Elixirs/All pokeballs
  • A pokemon evolution tree
  • Players wont be able to attack pokemon & vice versa
  • TM'S , ex. TM01
Gym Leaders:
  • Gym leaders will start off as NPC's, leading to real players.(This will make the game more realistic)
  • If a "Real Player" gym leader loses, they will lose their badge, the original gymleader will be enabled again.(NPCs)
The Pokeball
  • The pokeball will consist of many kinds, with different catch rates. Pokeball - Lowest | Masterball - Highest
  • The human skills will consist of 2, and more can be obtained. (Ex, wearing a "Pokedex" will enable the skill "Monster Lookup")
  • Pokeballs will be in the [Item] or slot.
  • The max pokeballs able to be carried will be determined by the players strength/badges/Pokemon training skill
++++++++++
Sprite Development (Progress: 46%)
++++++++++

Completed Sprites:
  • -Pichu
    -Pikachu
    -Raichu
    -Charmander
    -Charmeleon
    -Charizard
    -Squirtle
    -Wartortle
    -Blastoise
    -Swellow
    -Taillow
    -Mudkip
    -Marshstomp
    -Aerodactyl
    -Ekans
    -Arbok
    -Bellsprout
    -Weepinbell
    -Victreebell
    -Blastoise
++++++++++
Item Development (Progress: 4%)
++++++++++

Completed Items:
  • -Pokedex
    -All pokeballs
++++++++++
Map Development (Progress: 15%)
++++++++++

Completed Towns:
  • -Pallet Town
    -Route 01
    -Most indoor maps
++++++++++
Scripting and SRC Dev. (Progress: 42%)
++++++++++
  • -Created pokemon as homun.
    -Working on a catching system
    -Skills and hex edits working
    -Most NPC's are done
    -Most scripts are done
    -*We have found a temporary way to make our catching system* (Will be removed when server is out of Alpha?Beta? phase)
++++++++++
Finally....the Previews!! :)
++++++++++

(Below): Charizard/Pokeball/Player Skills/Job

screenpokemonro005ae5.jpg

We want to make the pokemon trainer sprites unique. So kind of like this, but more RO style.

newtrainersdm5.png

(Below): Route 01

route01ec0.png

++++++++++
Questions/Suggestions
++++++++++

-Please post any Q's or S's in this forum, or join our PmRO forums! - LINK HERE
-If you would like to apply for a paid/voluntary job please pm me with a application in full ENGLISH or best of your ability
-Please do not post SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages)
-You can also contact me Via MSN / eAthena / RUNE / PmRO Forums

++++++++++
Links
++++++++++

eAthena (PM bballa99)
RUNE (PM bballa99)
PmRO Forums (PM bballa99)
Email | MSN | [email protected]
[/quote]

YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD RAGNAROK ONLINE AND RAGNAROK SAKRAY IN ORDER FOR THE GAME TO WORK D:

Ragnarok Installation:
The first thing you need to do when installing Ragnarok Online is...*drum rolls*
DOWNLOADING IT! There is no official method to downloading RO. The files to play the game may come from many different sources, but as long as you obtain an .exe file in the end that has RAG_SETUP or SAK_SETUP in it's name, that's what you're going to be using to install RO.

There's two parts you may need to download when it comes to installing Ragnarok Online: The Ragnarok executable as it is has the required files to play & the Sakray executable for the newest RO data. Now, it is not necessary to install Sakray, and depending on how much space you have on your computer, you may not want to. Without Sakray, however, you may not be able to view or visit the latest maps or items that Ragnarok Online has to offer. Ragnarok and Sakray are about one GB each, so it's wise to make sure you have at least 2GB free on your computer before attempting the download. Otherwise, make sure you have at least 1GB free if you're going to download the Ragnarok executable alone.

As I stated earlier, Ragnarok & Sakray downloads may come in many shapes or forms; it's up to you how you want to download them, either in parts or in full. If you download them in parts, however, or they appear in RAR format, you will need to extract them all at once in the same directory using WinRAR, which can be downloaded and installed here:
http://rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe

Anyways, to sum up the downloading part of this guide, you can look for places to download kRO(another name for Ragnarok) & Sakray executables here:
http://www.eathena.ws/board/Kro-Clients-latest-2008-09-11-t135688.html

Now, to install RO(Ragnarok Online), assuming you have the RAG_SETUP and/or SAK_SETUP executables in front of you, click on the RAG_SETUP executable first as it has the necessary files needed to play. Keep in mind that the Ragnarok and Sakray installers have similar install interfaces, so you could use the following images and info to install Sakray too! This executable may take several minutes to load up; for my slow computer, it took thirty minutes for the dialog box to appear!

Once it has booted up, everything should be in Korean. That's because Ragnarok Online is really meant for Korea, and when playing RO, we use Korean files to play. Don't let this discourage you from playing RO, however, because we have a translation package within our installer that translates the game interface into English for you. You should now get a dialog box that looks like this:
kRO_1.jpg

As you can see, the buttons in the image are translated for you. Simply click the button with a red circle around it or the left button on the dialog box for those who can't see the image.

You will get something that looks like this:
kRO_2.jpg

That's their terms of service box...in Korean. Click the left button, "I Agree", once you feel comfortable doing so. The "Next" (middle) button should then be unlocked, in which you should then click on.

Then you should see something like this:
kRO_3.jpg

Check to make sure that is the directory you want the RO files installed to. You may need to visit that directory on your computer in the future to possibly delete some files or edit your Setup of how you want to play RO. To change it's directory to your liking, click the button to the right of the default directory it assigned for you.

For example, if you let the RO files install themselves at the default directory(C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO), you should see them here:
kRO_assist.jpg

Anyways, enough of that. Once you're comfortable with the directory of where the Ragnarok files will install to, click "Next" or the middle button.

You should then see this:
kRO_4.jpg

Click yes or the left button to confirm your settings.

Then, you should see this:
kRO_5.jpg

That is the progress bar of the files being downloaded to the directory you've chosen. Wait until it saids 100% and it should redirect you to a new dialog box. Do NOT click the button on the lower right area while it is installing as shown by the progress bar or else you will cancel the installation.

After the progress bar reaches 100%, you should see something like this:
kRO_6.jpg

Click OK or the only available button at the lower right area, and you are now done installing Ragnarok Online. Should you choose to install Sakray for the newest files and data, install it in the same directory where you installed the Ragnarok files in, and repeat the same procedure.

You should then have a Window open up with the shortcuts Setup, Ragnarok, and possibly Sakray. Click on Setup to adjust how you'd like to play RO, and then click OK to save your changes instead of closing it. Then, click Ragnarok and Sakray to update your data to its latest.

After doing that install Go download PMRO and click the patcher and you should be online :D , if you have any problems installing the game please notify me on here or on the PMRO Forums.

Atomic Reactor

i would suggest maybe changing the player sprite into the sprites from pokemon ranger?
idk, if you can do that, it would be better. i like the look of 2d charizard in 3d environment.
Just change the hero sprite.

it looks pretty cool though. unfortunately i wont play it, i have dial up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2016
Oh, good luck to you guys!
I used to play RO all the time. I'm going to have to check this out.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I don't think he can change the player sprites, because this is a pre-existing game he is just modding. Anyways it looks pretty nice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
To be honest, I think this may be better off in the ROM Hacking forum. Though it's not a hack of a ROM, it's not exactly made from scratch; it's a mod of an existing game.

Anyway, as for some feedback. It's good that you've implemented some scripting (catching system etc); however, the graphics could do with some work. The Squirtle, Charmander and Taillow sprites are far too small; the Charizard sprite looks OK, though.
Secondly, the map's not very good. I can see you're trying to copy the FR/LG map; however, with the RO graphics, it looks really bad. I would make maps similar to the Pokémon maps in layout, but in the RO style. This would make it look a lot better. Also, you need to use the path edge texture; having no transition between grass and dirt makes it look shoddy and unprofessional.

~Äkumà~

Vampire Boy
Years
Looks awesome im going to try it right now ^^

question so i just download the other game and install it then download the pokemon on and run it and it should just work ??? the no moving files and special stuff right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back