• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] This is what I love to do

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Well, these are all my old works and I can make even banner/logos/userbars/avatars, etc. If you guys need any thing then let me know and I will try my best to make you guys satisfied (Will open a shop shortly).
Part 1 & 2
Spoiler:

Part 3
typhoon_girl_by_maxresh-d698hv5.png

photography_in_passion_by_maxresh-d661sjh.png

electrivity_by_maxresh-d653fkm.png

charm_girl_by_maxresh-d62u66s.png

superman_by_maxresh-d60iecy.png

super_knight_by_maxresh-d5y7dk2.png

xavi_sotw_by_maxresh-d5xz5ux.png

lost_in_music_by_maxresh-d5xz5q4.png

sincerity_by_maxresh-d5xbiss.png

I have other many works as well, need to do some more searching and I will post them.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Overall, I think your work is quite good. I'm no artist myself, but from an 'audience's' perspective, I think with many of your tags, the people or the centre pieces, lack distinction. Yes, we can see what they are, but many of them are quite ambiguous. I think if you begin to focus on making some of those centre pieces shine, then your art will be sure to improve!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I absolutely LOVE the typography on these and everything flows together nicely. They have a lot of detail without being over-complex.

Very nice stuff, keep it up!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Really cool composition and use of colour and contrast, everything looks so dynamic! <3
Also a big fan of the compact typography. It enhances things without taking up much space at all.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi there!

I wish I knew more about graphics and design, but unfortunately, I'm not really qualified to give you any good critiques. :c

However, I'm surprised by the level of quality in your tags. Not just the graphics that you manipulated, but the images themselves. It's clear you've been very thoughtful about your image selection, and it translates very well as clean, polished graphics. I also like how none of your tags seem to be "muddy" for lack of better term (save maybe this one, which doesn't have the depth of black that your others do). The colors are clean and, as Akiyuki mentioned, there's an organic flow to your work. Which I have no concept about how you did that, I can definitely appreciate it.

I think this one is my favorite so far! The colors and the theme compliment each other extremely well, and the positioning of the focal and the text really create a completed thought. I also have to applaud your versatility. From what I can tell, you've displayed that you can do almost anything you want. I also like some of your more visually simplistic work too, like this for example.

I really hope you decide to post more of your work and open up that shop! I think your work will definitely benefit the community. Please keep it up! :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Those are nice looking Sigs, I really like the style you are going for. The first one and the Avatar one are my favourite out of them all. It may be the bright green and blue colours im drawn to, but good work.

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Overall, I think your work is quite good. I'm no artist myself, but from an 'audience's' perspective, I think with many of your tags, the people or the centre pieces, lack distinction. Yes, we can see what they are, but many of them are quite ambiguous. I think if you begin to focus on making some of those centre pieces shine, then your art will be sure to improve!
Hey, thanks for your suggestions man. I really appreciate it and got what you meant. Will surely provide more focus on my focal. :)

I absolutely LOVE the typography on these and everything flows together nicely. They have a lot of detail without being over-complex.

Very nice stuff, keep it up!
Thanks for your kind words man. Appreciate it. :D

Really cool composition and use of colour and contrast, everything looks so dynamic! <3
Also a big fan of the compact typography. It enhances things without taking up much space at all.
:D Ah, really glad that you liked my works. Will be posting many more.

Hi there!

I wish I knew more about graphics and design, but unfortunately, I'm not really qualified to give you any good critiques. :c

However, I'm surprised by the level of quality in your tags. Not just the graphics that you manipulated, but the images themselves. It's clear you've been very thoughtful about your image selection, and it translates very well as clean, polished graphics. I also like how none of your tags seem to be "muddy" for lack of better term (save maybe this one, which doesn't have the depth of black that your others do). The colors are clean and, as Akiyuki mentioned, there's an organic flow to your work. Which I have no concept about how you did that, I can definitely appreciate it.

I think this one is my favorite so far! The colors and the theme compliment each other extremely well, and the positioning of the focal and the text really create a completed thought. I also have to applaud your versatility. From what I can tell, you've displayed that you can do almost anything you want. I also like some of your more visually simplistic work too, like this for example.

I really hope you decide to post more of your work and open up that shop! I think your work will definitely benefit the community. Please keep it up! :D
Thanks a lot for your inspirational post Alexial. Totally appreciate it. Will try to improve more plus, my shop will be opened shortly :D

Those are nice looking Sigs, I really like the style you are going for. The first one and the Avatar one are my favourite out of them all. It may be the bright green and blue colours im drawn to, but good work.
:D Thanks a lot for your kind words there AddictedMonster. Really glad to know you liked them.

Simbelmyne

What should I write here?
Years
Okay, definitely a fan of your works. They look really nice. But I'll try and have the majority of this post serve as critique. Here goes - Just going through all your works tells me that you're much more comfortable with tags having dark background instead of light ones. I say that because I feel that your tags with black background have stronger composition and are much more visually appealing than the ones with lighter backgrounds. 'Gfx Souls', 'Aka Sincerity' and 'Hybrid-nation SOTW #21' can serve as examples. The first and the third are particularly weak. Both due to different reasons though, in my opinion. First one is just...very simple. Doesn't have anything going on in it. It looks almost as if you've pasted a render over a blank background with some text. As for the third one, it suffers from quiite a lot of problems first of which is its weakness in the effects department. There ain't any in there. Not ones that are easily visible, at least. The monotone doesn't work at all. The colors are just dull, to say the least. I see you tried to blend by erasing the stock a bit but that just doesn't work in here, I'm afraid. I wish you had worked on it to look something like the one above it - it having similar effects and color scheme, I mean. Now 'beauty purple' tag (the one above) is just terrific. It looks heaps better. Colors are really interesting and effects really do suit the render as well. Plus, they impart some really good flow in there. My only gripe with it would be text but I'll talk about that later. Anyway, yeah, talking about 'Aka Sincerity' one I linked before, I'd say that I really like the text. The wirey-c4ds to the left of text look really nice in there as well. But I wish you'd have used more of that c4d in here. Because whatever you put over the render/stock, it really does not fit it. I mean, what hurts it the most is the fact that the effect over the render is practically wrecking the lighting by making everything too bright. And the effect isn't even properly visible, to boot. So yeah, if you could fix the lighting up a bit in it so that more of the stock or the lower part, in particular, is visible and have the effects appear a little more clearly, it'd definitely benefit the tag in my opinion. Just try to avoid 'bright spots' like these in future works of yours if you can, okay? They just don't help, in my opinion. :p

Alright, text. Your text is compact for the most part and doesn't really distract much from the focal so that's a plus. But I think you really need to experiment a bit. I see you've gone for different fonts in some of your works but I think the basic layout remains the same in most of them. It'd definitely help if you could go, what should I say, wild with text. :p Awesome pieces like 'beauty purple' are kinda hurt by the iffy text in it, I think. I mean, it just looks tacked on in there. Placement isn't the problem. Your text layout just doesn't fit in there, if you know what I mean. Try going for something like 'aka sincerity' with text. Because honestly, that looks really good and would be a good direction for you to take as far as text goes in my opinion. And yeah, though not necessary, but I'd point out that the text on the right side in 'power' tag is just redundant. They just do not add anything to the tag. At all. I totally hope you don't go for anything like that again. :c

As for the point raised by Curious, I'd agree. Your focals do need some sharpening in some cases. Though they're perfectly fine in works like 'Curl Girl' (your signature image right now), I feel. So yeah, try not to go overboard when making your focals more prominent by sharpening them or anything but try to go for a balanced approach.

I'll end it there, I think. Nice stuff. Keep it up! Totally hope to see you post more of your works.

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Hey. Simbelmyne thanks a lot for your wonderful post man. Really appreciate it and will be working harder and try to work on the points you pointed out. Once again thanks a lot man!!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your graphics are beautiful. i'm in love with the way you make a text in your tags work so nicely. ( i love text i go crazy about it)
the way you pick your images is amazing. like you try to search for the best quality.
this one is my favorite. even though the image is placed right in the center, the way you have it blended into the tag makes it look perfect. i just love how you highlighted the lips. it just adds a special touch.
this one i don't really like because it just seems nothing was done to it. the quality of the picture isn't that great and the text is a little blurry.
i can't wait to see more of your graphics.

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Thanks both of you and I am really glad you both liked my works. I have updated my 1st post with my other works. Check them out and @kinataki: Will do your work after my exams. Exams going on so, can't give my time for gfx atm.

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Maxresh, your work is REALLY good! Im into graphics as well a bit myself, but im not as good as you :P Have you done any logos yet or just that kind of graphics? And how much do you charge?
THanks Jokedon and yep I do make logos as well. But I like making sigs more than other. Here is my shop: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296836 I do for free. Post a request their with complete information and I will see what I can do after my exams are over ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
i like your style =_=, you must be using topaz clean right ? ,topaz effect can kill depth & atmosphere =_= be careful when using topaz clean,i like this the most, keep at it xD

Maxresh

D-Little Dictator
Years
Thanks for your kind words there Zenesis and yup I do use topaz. But, I am aware about it's negative sides. So, I use very little amount of them just to give some touch ups.

Thanks though, really appreciate the comments!!

Back