• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
No need... I simply removed the option to choose another gender. I am making use of the other "genders" in another way... aternate costumes. Well one for now, maybe more later.

Danno

Years
Oh. Well no, because as it is right now its random. And there are aready people on YouTube complaining saying Pikachu is supposed to be male, or it needs to be female... and honestly I think its better if you leave it to chance anyways.

Danno

Years
Alright guys. Here's the scoop.

My computer broke again. This time it may really be a while before I can operate it again.

But... the motivation for MSB is practically gone. No one seems to want to help, including my team. I refuse to work alone on this.

I realize I have 250+ subscribers on youtube for this game alone, and that many of you are awaiting what I have done.

Well... here's what I'm going to do. Soon, within the next few days, I will run a youtube poll.

It will link to two videos. One will be the cancel MSB vote, and one will be the continue/pass it on to someone else poll. (Namely AvatarKris at this moment.)

If MSB is passed on to AK, I will still help out. He says he'd work on it if I gave it to him, yet he wont help out if I am still running the project... Hmm... odd, right? Oh well.

As I said, next few days I will release the YouTube poll. In the meantime, you guys can feel free to tell me what you think here.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2020
Alright guys. Here's the scoop.

My computer broke again. This time it may really be a while before I can operate it again.

But... the motivation for MSB is practically gone. No one seems to want to help, including my team. I refuse to work alone on this.

I realize I have 250+ subscribers on youtube for this game alone, and that many of you are awaiting what I have done.

Well... here's what I'm going to do. Soon, within the next few days, I will run a youtube poll.

It will link to two videos. One will be the cancel MSB vote, and one will be the continue/pass it on to someone else poll. (Namely AvatarKris at this moment.)

If MSB is passed on to AK, I will still help out. He says he'd work on it if I gave it to him, yet he wont help out if I am still running the project... Hmm... odd, right? Oh well.

As I said, next few days I will release the YouTube poll. In the meantime, you guys can feel free to tell me what you think here.

umm if your going to quit i would just stop the game when you quit, dont pass it on...it wont be the same, and yes it is fishy that he will help you if you give him the game and not if you dont. i wouldnt give avatarkris the game. so either suuck it up and keep going or just end it.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Well what exactly do you need help with?

I'd like to know that too, because anyone can make a game by themselves. Look at my game, I've done it completely alone and its more than half complete. I think your problem is your trying to do things that are beyond your current skill lv and you cant so your giving up. Please dont do that, if you cant do something learn how. If you cant learn how then forget it and think of something else. You've made it into the showcase, and you have quite a few supporters dont give up.

Danno

Years
Its not that I can't. It's that this has been a terribly long process and I work better as a team. I had a team, but they moved on.
I cant do advanced scripting. My entire game has been with just events... no scripts, minus the given ones. I can't script... not that thats really needed.

I need some people who can tile, not map. I don't need mappers or event creators. I need spriters and tilers. Also, with my computer, I can't insert Battle animations. It's become an unknown problem in the support thread. I get no errors, it just reverts. I'd need someone who could do that, for instance.

There are many things I need. But honestly I am just about ready to give up on MSB completely, it's not that I can't finish this project it's just that it's tying me down. If I work on a game, I'd like to enjoy myself while creating it. People ***** too much about what I do, yet no one offers help. (Mainly on YouTube)

This game is a little over 2 years old now, and where has it really gone? It's still at like, Old Shore Wharf... the second place they go. I don't know. I might still hold the poll.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Its not that I can't. It's that this has been a terribly long process and I work better as a team. I had a team, but they moved on.
I cant do advanced scripting. My entire game has been with just events... no scripts, minus the given ones. I can't script... not that thats really needed.

I need some people who can tile, not map. I don't need mappers or event creators. I need spriters and tilers. Also, with my computer, I can't insert Battle animations. It's become an unknown problem in the support thread. I get no errors, it just reverts. I'd need someone who could do that, for instance.

There are many things I need. But honestly I am just about ready to give up on MSB completely, it's not that I can't finish this project it's just that it's tying me down. If I work on a game, I'd like to enjoy myself while creating it. People ***** too much about what I do, yet no one offers help. (Mainly on YouTube)

This game is a little over 2 years old now, and where has it really gone? It's still at like, Old Shore Wharf... the second place they go. I don't know. I might still hold the poll.

About the complaining and not helping crap I completely understand. After 2 years and little no no progress I'd say it is time to give up... But dont pass on your work, save the project and store it somewhere outta the way. You never know u might come back to it. Never give your work away unless the person your giving it to was working with you from the start. I know working on games can be stressing, but its fun when you start making progress just keep at it and you'll love the end result. If your not having fun at all anymore try starting a new project to rekindle that inspiration...

Well anyways good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Pokemon Black

Story Board
Years
Yea Bud, I have to agree with King Charizard...
Dont give away your project, I have several "unannounced" projects i just work on for fun but have stopped until i have the desired skill i need to complete it.

Danno

Years
Yeah, but AvatarKris HAS been with me since the start.

We're good buds, he just pisses me off because he doesnt help when I ask him to, and then later will pretend like he was willing to do something.

If I started another project right now, the community would be pissed. Simply because I am not working on Mewtwo Strikes Back, THEIR game. What THEY want. If I started a side project, they'd have to deal with it and not complain so much... but on YouTube at least, that wouldnt happen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
The link don´t download the file.
Help!!!!
The links of RAPIDHSHARE and MEDIAFIRE didn´t open.
RAPIDHARE ERROR:This file has been removed from the server, because the file has not been accessed in a long time.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 21, 2010
I think you should carry on. it's a great idea and probably the best movie to make into a game. I would gladly offer to help but I'm new to rmxp (using it for one week). I can map and attempt tilesets. I can do some events but I'm good at mapping. if you still want help then I will give it a go. the game so far is really good!

Danno

Years
the game is currently in a condition where I can't reupload. There are glitches and whatnot, and I don't have the version which was uploaded.

Danno

Years
Alright, the results of the poll are in. The vote was 44-24 (not many people voted lol...) on whether or not to save Mewtwo Strikes Back. A little over half the people who voted for it want it dead. But nevertheless, it's saved for the time being.

Years
this game brings so many memories back...congrats for coming up with this type of game...i just started to play it but i love it allready...honestly cant wait for the full game to be finished...il be keeping a close eye on this ;)

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2010
This looks awsome mate, brings back good times, hope you manage to finish it!! Looking forward to it great work

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
1. I still remember the original version, I supported it. Too bad it ended.

2. I like what you've done.

3. Do you need an original PC Grammar Nazi to help you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back