• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokescript Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Thanks a lot for this tutorial, it is a really good source if you want to script!

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2008
I tried t but it disdn't work! i even tried coppying and pasting YOUR script.
Please Help!!! When i test it out my character gets stuck and nothing appears!

BTW i am using leaf green and when i right click on the script it doesn't say compile.

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
I must say this is a very good tutorial, but...I can't seem to find either Pokescript of PkmAdv Database. Where are they?

EDIT: Never mind, I found them via Google.

Last edited:
Years
hi,

i just made this script, and it locks the player but then that's it...what's wrong with it?
also if you could tell me the values to put in to advance map...
THANKS

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
playsound 0x113
applymovement 0x8 $move
nop
trainerbattle 0 0x19E $before $after
playsound 0x113
message $beaten
boxset 6
applymovement 0x8 $move1
nop
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x1F 0x1F 0x1F

#org $before
$before 1 = Hey \v\h01\...this gym was \ntoo easy...let's battle!

#org $after
$after 1 = Nice battle.

#org $beaten
$beaten 1 = How could you? Ugh...\nI'll beat you next time.

#org $move1
#raw 0x1D 0x1F 0x1F 0x1E 0x1F 0x1F 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
after playsound you have to use "nop".

playsound 0x113
nop
applymovement etc...

and your applymovement "move" is wrong, there is 0xFE missing at the end, it can't happen if you don't write it.

and the second time you don't use playsound, but fadesound 0x113, again with nop in the next line.

oh, and the 0xFE is missing at the second movement too ;)

Years
yeh i just made those changes but it still doesn't work...
do you think you could perhaps make a working copy and post it up?
i also don't know what variable ID's and such to put in advance map
thanks

D-puff

Wooper Expert
Years
Wow, thanks! this tool is excellent, and the tutorial is very well made. Theres just one thing i cant figure out (unless i passed over it in the tutorial). Is there some sort of macro for the players name? so like if i say

"Oh, hello ---, how are you?"

Is there a way i can replace the '---' with whatever you named your character? Thanks in advance.

Edit- never mind, found it out. Again, awesome program...but the RSE movements file is gone! can someone upload/post the codes please?

Edit 2- alright, never mind, found that too. Apparently this isnt the place to ask code related questions, so i wont again here =p

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2010
I'm having a slight problem with the script for giving an item for another.

Even though I have the lavacookie, it sends me to the nocookie message.

I even tried copying Irish Witch's script and it still sends me to the nocookie message.

Is there a problem with the script that a beginner wouldn't notice or something?

If anyone could tell me what's going on, It'd be much appreciated.

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
Years
Hi, I'm just starting to learn how to script, and I just need to know a code to make someone say the player's selected name, like...

Hello ALEX, did you enjoy yourself?

I know how to make them talk, I just don't know how to make them say the player's name. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
message $whatever
$whatever 1 = Hello \v\h01, did you enjoy yourself?
boxset 6
release
end

^^

the hero is \v\h01, the rival is \v\h06.

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
Years
Help!!!!

Uh... Yeah, I'm new to this whole quoting thing, But I would like to place a complaint about the vanishing sprites thing by IrishWitch. Every Time I would make an item, It works out fine until I actually receive the item. The Sprite is supposed to disappear when you get the item. But mine won't disappear until I "refresh" the map. I also need the command that makes the person talking say the player's name. All replies will be extremely helpful. Other than that the rest of the tutorial was great!

Can someone make a simpler tutorial of Chapter 4 of Irish Witch's tutorial that's easier to understand? I would appreciate it. Irish Witch's tutorial is a little hard to understand...for a thirteen-year-old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back