• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Get-Together 6 Singing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Is it too late for me to enter? I personally think I'm a decent singer, however I could never do it with people watching... If it isn't too late:
Username: RaveMaster
Song: Coward of the County by Kenny Rogers
Public: Yes
Other: I will be putting in the music. And try to clean it up as much as possible, if needed.

paramnsiia

PokeNerd.
Years
Username: paramnsiia
Song: Concrete Angel by Martina McBride
Allow Public Link of Entry: Sure. Why not? xD
Other: Um. I'm not held responsible for any hearing loss caused by listening to my entry. Listen at your own discretion. xD Yes, I felt the need to post that. ^^;

&& I cannot handle the editing. I'll be sending the mp3s soon.

Last edited:
Years
Argh!! I can't find the original version of my song! -_-"
The new version stinks like old gym socks (most of the songs that Kenny Rogers rerecords end up being worse than the original, I think his problem is that he cuts out every other word and makes the once long beautiful vocals into short choppy vocals)! Yes, I own the CD that has the original on it, but since my CD Drive went down the crapper I can't put it on my computer. Now I'm forced to search for it on the web.
Guess I'll just have to use the new version.... *sigh*

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Hey guys? :D I just thought I'd mention if you're wearing headphones when you record, make sure you leave one ear open so you can hear yourself. It'll help improve the tonal quality of your pitch [as well as pitch accuracy and all that jazz] and it'll help you keep your place a bit better and all that. <3;; just a helpful tip and all that.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
Years
Tamaki
I'll start with Tamaki. Ok, I listened to the real version and then your version and it was like comparing Jesus to Miley Cyrus, which I admit you sounded like. That was not the best of both worlds, one world just plain sucked and the other world was just like her song, average. However, there was a nice tone that come up every now and then, work on that. I'm not saying because thats all about working to better your voice. Overall, I give it an ok.

Cherii
AZZY I FINALLY FIGURED OUT YOUR GENDER ARRGGH :d
You were beautiful to say the least, not much else to say. Sounded like rainbows singing Part of Your World, mermaid pitch and everything.
Outstanding!

Sachie
Maybe you should've taken a breather before you sung, I heard coughing. not to mention the lack of any appealing notes, it was boring. Please, don't hit me. It may not have been appealing, but it was bearable to listen to. Maybe choose a different song next time? I'd rather prefer you singing Delta Goodrem or Kelly Clarksons "Since You've been Gone."
Great

o: That was kinda harsh... At least AdvancedK9 gave me a better review than that. :X

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
Years
Umm...okay, I will enter. ^_^

Username: IcyArceusRider
Song: My Sweet Heart (from the anime Tokyo Mew Mew)

--I want it to be public
--I will be singing the original Japanese lyrics
--Sorry about the little click noise at the end of the recording. ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
user - poopnoodle
song - It's an Uphill Climb to the Bottom by Walter Jackson

Sure it can be public, no caresies here.

I sent the email to the guy who began this thread, Libra, and Break. with the attached mp3...and a teensy side note: You can totes recognize when I got all into it and had to calm myself down. I was also dancing xD, you might be able to hear my snapping. Oh, the magic of being home alone. :D And I could not, for the life of me get it to record 5 empty seconds at the beginning. Maybe it's a n00b thing. Hopefully this'll do.

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
K, from this post forward no more entries will be accepted >_> Damn judging IS stressful

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Innocence shall be singing Time of your Life (Good Riddance) as sung by Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day. He will be using a crappy backing track recorded by himself on the guitar.

Please make it public, and remember this is a singing contest, not a contest to see who can make the best backing track.

On a side note, he has already pre-recorded it, so it should be e-mailed in a few minutes.

Absolutely nobody is left from the pc a few years ago when people actually knew who I am. Lol. :P

EDIT: As far as I know, time still isn't up yet. 11:59 GMT -5 right? It isn't even 11:59 GMT +10, so you shouldn't have stopped accepting entries, it wouldn't be fair.

EDIT2: I double checked. There isn't actually an entry closing date on there, so the entry sending date should still stand. ORLY? SRSLY. Sorry if I sound blunt.

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
my entry is... well i am not sure if i can enter after all. it's kinda still in-progress - at the mixing stage. not sure if i will have time. either way good luck everyone!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 14, 2009
Seeing how there's about 12 minutes till the deadline, hope I can still make it.

Username: kwizzeh
Song: "Banana Co." by Radiohead
Allow Public Link of Entry? Yes
Other: Solo cover, I sang it initially just playing the rhythm guitar, but added the 2nd guitar for kicks after recording it in about 15 minutes.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ugh, please see previous pages, I cut registration now. The deadline is for submissions.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Pretty much no more entries are accepted. First come first serve and if the rooms are full then too bad.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
next year I'll probably participate rather than host, so I wouldn't really save it. Besides the fact that next year that bit-rates <256 will probably sound ghetto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back