• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal

blue

gucci
Years
Pokémon:
Complex Crystal

Intro

Right so we all know Pokémon Crystal is a walk in the park when it comes to difficulty, with Johto Leaders not exceeding Level 40 it's a pretty easy game to complete. So one day I decided to change that by increasing the levels of all the trainers, Gym leaders etc. around Johto & Kanto just to make it more of a challenge for myself and initially it was just supposed to be for me but considering I've edited over half the game now I thought I'd let you lot try it considering it's fun to have a challenge, right?

Media

Some changes to the E4 team roster:

Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_02-2.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_06-1.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_08.png
Pokemon-CrystalVersionUEV11C_10.png

Release

Beta 1.3 (Lunar Ips)

The beta is upto the end of the Elite Four, anything beyond that has not yet been edited.

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Hey, Crystal was my first game! It has alot of funny glitches but a complex version sounds my type.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I planned to do something like this before but also by creating a couple of new scripts to make the game more interesting. Would it be possible if I used this hack as a rom base if I ever happen to create a hack of that kind (too lazy to edit trainers because...well, I don't consider it hacking and it's no fun) ?

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
this hack was great. Just the right amount of difficulty. It is just too bad that kanto was not edited. The elite 4 were hard but definitely beatable. Awesome job. cant wait for the next release

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sorry for double post but since no one posted I have no other choice =/
So, I took this challenge as a quick-2-days-run for the past 2 days and I must say it was pretty awesome, the difficulty was high enough and it was not easy to walk through Johto =D
But I do have something that I did not like...
I don't know if it's possible or within your hacking abilities but could you raise the levels of wild pokemon?
To grind to league, I had to spend like 2 hours in Victory Road completely destroying the population of 30 leveled Rhyhorns, Rhydons, Sandlashes, Onixes and Golbats (well I don't care about this one)... and since they were between 32 and 35 levels it took too much time for me to train at least my 4 pokemon over level 60 and 2 were close to 60.
That's first thing.
The second thing is still the weakness of Elite 5...
I've had Machoke (62), Espeon (62), Typhlosion (62), Suicune (60), Dragonite (57) and Red Gyarados (58) and I had no problems beating the league even though their levels were much higher...
First... when my 62 level Espeon oversped 65 level Espeon I though it was okay since my Espie probably had some EVs...
But... when my 57 level Dragonite oversped Lance's 73 level Dragonite I was really like WTF?! The difference of 16 levels is too high to be fixed just by EVs... which probably wasn't the case since I was grinding Dratini/Dragonair on those Rock/Ground types in Victory Road I mentioned.

Well... that's about it and I hope you will complete the Kanto as well :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
Just wondering if you're still working on this.
I've been looking for a complete crystal remake and this has a lot of promise.

Also, are all 251 pokemon obtainable?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Awesome qwork up to know. Will you still raise the levels in Kanto since these are rather low?

blue

gucci
Years
I've resubmitted a new thread with a different design, screenshots etc. Also the new one is a full release where as this one was only a part-release.

Back