• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Lucky Eggs

Did you use your Lucky Egg

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
It started in Black and White, your givin a Lucky Egg item, from a NPC. Then it happened again in Black 2 and White 2. For those of you who don't know, the Lucky Egg item, when held, doubles the amount of EXP a pokemon gets from battle. This to me was a god send, it helps soo much when grinding out for the next gym. What do you think? Do you enjoy your Lucky Egg? Did you just not use it? Did ya sell it? Thoughts?

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I have three. Made training after Skyla's Gym sooooooo much easier.

The fact that they give you a Lucky Egg via NPC now is probably due to how EXP got scaled by level. Even with Audino, it was possible for training to be difficult at times (surprisingly). Eh, either way.. LUVZ IT~

Sirfetch’d

Umm. Duh! Who would sell it? It is the most useful item in the game. Everyone uses it.

BTW, I don't think it doubles the experience I believe it multiplies it by 1.5, but I am just guessing.

SkemoKyle

Drummer guy Kyle
Years
I loved the lucky egg, Between gyms I'd take time to level grind up to the next 10. (I.e if I was level 40, I'd grind to level 50.) So much easier! :D

#isthenumbersign
Years
With the whole "move item" feature, it was even faster to switch lucky egg holders, which came in handy because I'm like always using it. x)

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Does it affect the EVs you are gaining though? Because you'll gain levels with less training. Less encounter of pokemon=less EV, less stat gain, no?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I definately did use it. Since they changed the Experience system you practically have to to level up your team once you are past Lv 40 because they start to earn less and less each time.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Does it affect the EVs you are gaining though? Because you'll gain levels with less training. Less encounter of pokemon=less EV, less stat gain, no?
I guess you could look at it that way. It should even out in the end though (I think?). But you still get the same amount of EV's per battle, so if you're concerned about it, you should just battle lower leveled Pokemon, or use Vitamins or Pokerus.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Hard to say what do you mean by 100% but yes, Pokémon will obtain boost for being traded one and then that boost will be multiplied by 1.5 thanks to the Lucky Egg.
Basically I was saying a traded plus lucky egg gives 100% exp bonus vs the normal 50% bonus of either or

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Lucky egg is awesome, I had a Level one mudkip at the front of my party which I traded from my other game and it was holding a lucky egg. I then found an audino at lvl 59 and i switched to heracross and killed it. My mudkip got 23140 EXP I think. It also went from level 1 to 30 :D I also used it on my heracross and it helped a lot.

Last edited:

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I really don't know what could have I done without it...

The game at start was quite tough, trainers and gym leaders were able to out-level me at some point. The Lucky Egg then came to the rescue. After Skyla's Gym, things went pretty smoothly, my Pokemon levels were like 5-10 more than my opponents. Such a relief...I don't know how would I have faced the Elite 4 /Champion without that item :S

blue

gucci
Years
I look forward to receiving the Lucky Egg now! Ever since I found out about it's use in Gen IV I've always found it so helpful.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I love having Lucky eggs because it realled me when grinding for the leugue 4 and when I was trying to complete my unova dex.. It was saviour been giving it in 5th gen.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Seldomly enough that I'll say no. I don't grind, I don't need it.
And I use the Exp Share to level bred monsters since it's easier and probably faster under most circumstances.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I had major team management problem this game. I would level up the wrong pokemon for the upcoming gym. The Lucky Egg helped me level up the correct pokemon on my team who were falling behind by 10 levels.

Back