• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Community Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
7sEo5.png
CommDay does NOT start at 8 at night (EST), it starts at 8 in the morning! And it will continue to run until the end of the day.

Wi-Fi battlers should be on the server at 4 PM EST during CommDay so that it's easier to gather participants for the tournaments. However, it's possible for the Wi-Fi tournaments to happen earlier or later than 4 PM if there's enough people. If you can, try to come on whenever you're available!

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Saturday, December 22nd and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 PM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, you will receive this emblem if you were online during the Community Day:

Xv67q.png

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. Christmas monocolor-themed OU (All teams must consist of red, green, and/or white Pokémon. Use this article for figuring out which Pokémon are considered red, green, and white. Shiny Pokémon don't have different colors from their regular counterparts.)
2. Hailstorm-themed NU w/ the NU POTF #1 required (All teams must include some form of hailstorm activation (i.e. Snover or the move Hail) in addition to Glaceon).
3. NU
4. OU (standard)
5. Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
1. Christmas monocolor-themed OU (All teams must consist of red, green, and/or white Pokémon. Use this article for figuring out which Pokémon are considered red, green, and white. Shiny Pokémon don't have different colors from their regular counterparts.)
2. VGC '13 (rules)

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm assuming pretty much everyone has seen this by now, and it seems like you guys are fine with 8 PM by the looks of it. I have my doubts whether an 8 AM Community Night will be needed, but I will bother with that once this CN is done. Moving on, I set up a poll for the possible dates. Post if you're answer isn't on the poll.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
To clarify my voting, I voted for Friday because chances are I won't be waking up at 8am on a Saturday or a Sunday so I'll be missing half of it (which makes the "8am" aka 8pm option for me) sound really nice. :x

...wait hang on, I live in Australia, Friday there would be Saturday here. Kay nevermind, sorry for the confusion, my votes really are for all three days so uh, count as that. :x

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
...wait hang on, I live in Australia, Friday there would be Saturday here. Kay nevermind, sorry for the confusion, my votes really are for all three days so uh, count as that. :x
I edited in your votes for the other days.

So yeah, looks like we're going with Friday (inb4 rebecca black). I'll wait until the end of today to confirm the date though. Like I said in the other thread, the tournament themes are BW NU, DPP OU, Adv OU, and GSC OU unless anyone objects. Get those teams ready, so we won't have to wait for anyone.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I am somewhat disappointed that barely anyone bothered to vote. Hopefully everyone will be fine with this date. Friday received one more vote than the others, so I'm going with that.

Also, if anyone wants to me to change the priority of which tournament starts first, feel free to tell me. Like, if Elf wants to me to make GSC OU the first tournament because of time zone issues, I can.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I apologize for the triple posts, but I need to bump this. I am going to give Community Night one more chance, and try to fix the issues that existed for the past one (close to no one noticed this thread and no one was given enough time to prepare/notice in advance). I set up a new voting poll for the date. Just like last time, we will be using 8 PM as the time and the same tournament themes, but with PC OU replacing GSC OU.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
YAY I SAW IT, GOOOODDDD
I will vote for this Wolfy, u are not alone in this!!!

I'm GMT +1, so if I calculated right and it's 1 AM for me, then the time is good for me too haha. Just verifying that!!

(23:08:31) Syn: uh tell him I pick saturday
dw I WILL get everyone to post in here

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Fine with either fri or sat but can i have it an hour later cos i finish work late on said days lol.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Either Friday or Saturday would work, but I'd probably be able to stick around longer if it were Friday.

And, ew, GSC OU. I don't have THAT kind of time.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Use an anti stall team then. Its really not that hard to break GSC stall, its not even a stall metagame anymore, its pusedo impossible to stall against things like drumlax, growtheons, joltwak, explosion teams etc. ;/ lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm fine with any time so I voted for all. Only issue is I need to wake up early on a weekend which is unlikely but if it's three hours I'll be there for half of it. Actually if it was an hour later like suggested I'd only miss a half an hour :3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Saturday is best for me. :) I'm not too picky on what days, though. I'm coming along for the atmosphere and good time! n_n;

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Thanks for voting guys. I made the time one hour later for Nica and Elf, unless anyone is against this.

And, ew, GSC OU. I don't have THAT kind of time.
It's good that I replaced it then, eh?

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I'm GMT +1, so if I calculated right and it's 1 AM for me

GMT +1 = UTC +2

UTC -4 + UTC +2 = 6 hours

9PM = 21h

21h + 6h = 3AM

Sorry for being a dreambuster, yoshikkko :C

Also, it's definitely too late for me since I'm the same timezone as Yoshi. Have fun tho!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Can you put Monotype or CC in there too?
If enough people want those themes for the next Community Night, I will add them.

GMT +1 = UTC +2

UTC -4 + UTC +2 = 6 hours

9PM = 21h

21h + 6h = 3AM

Sorry for being a dreambuster, yoshikkko :C

Also, it's definitely too late for me since I'm the same timezone as Yoshi. Have fun tho!
Yeah, stupid time zones. I can make the time one hour earlier, so you could participate for at least one hour (if you're willing stay that late)? Then, Elf and Nica will miss out on roughly one hour, but I can change the tournament order to their liking.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
I'll be attending. I'm hoping I can remember and that I have enough teams to participate in the various tournaments. Still need to make a legit good team for PC OU.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I'll be there too. I know I won't win many battles, because I'm not very skilled at battling nor teammaking, but I come for the community. I hope a lot of people show up.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah, stupid time zones. I can make the time one hour earlier, so you could participate for at least one hour (if you're willing stay that late)? Then, Elf and Nica will miss out on roughly one hour, but I can change the tournament order to their liking.

Well I can try really hard to wake up at 8 considering I got 10 hours sleep last night which never happens, so it's quite possible that if I set an alarm I wouldn't sleep through it. SO I SHALL TRY.

tj you will win everything you are wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back