• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Adventure to Empire Isle

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
[Beta 0.3 Released!] Pokemon: Adventure to Empire Isle

THIS GAME HAS BEEN RE-RELEASED UNDER A NEW THREAD BELOW:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10288306

Pokemon: Adventure to Empire Isle

[FIRERED Hack]

Intro + Basic Story

You lived in Pallet Town, you were as happy as larry living at home with your mum, when suddenly your mum fell violently ill. As she was taken to Sinnoh to receive treatment, it was seen as best if you were not to see your poor mother in such a state, and so you are sent away from Pallet Town and to the Sevii Islands, to live with your Auntie and Uncle on Three Island. Your uncle however is no where to be seen, and is said to currently being trialled as a Gym Leader in a place known as Empire Isle. As your acting father figure he now becomes your role model and so you set out to accomplish the same as him, with the objective to reach Empire Isle immediately.

You awaken in your room, slumped over your desk after a heavy night at Prof. Redwoods house, your neighbour. He had held a party the whole island had attended. It turns out you left your new unbattled Pokemon next door accidentally and so you set off to get it back, and meet Prof. Redwoods son, Kane Redwood for the first time and do battle, and so your journey begins as you train your Pokemon and try to reach your uncle on an independent journey. On your journey you'll meet fellow trainers, grow stronger, fight criminals in the form of Team Rocket (Making their final stand) and do your best to find and defeat your uncle, and become recognised champion of Empire Isle.

Screenshots!
(Everyone's favourite part!)
(Old) Beta 0.1 Tiles
Spoiler:

(Old) Beta 0.2+ Tiles
(Check it out! Found a shiny Dunsparce whilst Testing the new tiles! :D)
Spoiler:

(New) Beta 0.3+ Tiles
dfhhujsf.jpg

MANOR.jpg
1-1.jpg

PokemonAdventuretoEmpireIsleBeta01.jpg
Leftovers.jpg

ROUTEPIC1.jpg
ISLE91-1.jpg

ISLE93.jpg
ISLE92.jpg

ISLE101.jpg
ISLE102.jpg

Features of this hack?
- Starts on the Sevii islands.
- A whole new region, Empire Isle!
- Pokemon from the first 3 generations!
- Beautiful Palette changes.
- New tiles and character sprite (Maybe!) in due time.
- Totally new story, what would of happened if Reds single mother did suddenly fall ill?
- 8 royal badges, not all earned in the usual manner.
- Meet royalty, high profile criminals and make what you think are friends along the way.
- Increased difficulty level!
- In house battles in almost every Town/City.
- Return and battles against Gary Oak!
- Opportunity to battle Prof. Oak!

Bugs and Errors
Spoiler:

Pokemon Stat & Evo edits
Spoiler:

Revised TM List
Spoiler:

Beta 0.3 ReRelease
Spoiler:

Improvements from Beta 0.3 and To-Dos for Beta 0.4
Spoiler:

Current Progress - June 13th 2012
Spoiler:

A word of Notice
Spoiler:

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but please no being offensive or too aggressive, Pokehacking is just a fun little hobby of mine in life, nothing too serious!

Credits
KyleDove - Tiles
DaleH771 (Myself!) - Everything else!

Last edited:
Years
Approved, but those pallete changes sorta resemble those of an older release of Pokemon Shiny Gold to me- I could be wrong, but if I'm right then I'm afraid you'll either need to credit Zel (assuming he allows for people to freely use his ROM for resources) or change the palettes to something else.

Aside from that, it's going to be very interesting to play through a hack where you start in one of the Sevii islands (and it should be interesting to play through the Orange Islands, too :P). It's pretty much early days so far, but good stuff, keep it coming :)

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Approved, but those pallete changes sorta resemble those of an older release of Pokemon Shiny Gold to me- I could be wrong, but if I'm right then I'm afraid you'll either need to credit Zel (assuming he allows for people to freely use his ROM for resources) or change the palettes to something else.

Aside from that, it's going to be very interesting to play through a hack where you start in one of the Sevii islands (and it should be interesting to play through the Orange Islands, too :P). It's pretty much early days so far, but good stuff, keep it coming :)

I've had a look some older versions and yeah the look a little similar, I'll give Zel a message and if not I'll try and change the Palettes a little more. It's mainly the grass and tree shading that resemble old Shiny Gold.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Wherever he said Orange Islands, I think he meant Sevii islands which is still cool. Looking good so far

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Wherever he said Orange Islands, I think he meant Sevii islands which is still cool. Looking good so far

*Curses*

Yeah, I meant Sevii but I did want the Orange islands to feature in the hack! Can you tell I was tired when I did this? I'll make thread a little clearer :)

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
So you begin in the sevvi islands, then go to the empire isle and in the end to the orange islands, right?
Can you specify how work the badge system?
(Sorry so much question)
I like the palettes(the palettes in the tree of the 8th screen(sevii islands) are messed up)
Good luck.:)

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
So you begin in the sevvi islands, then go to the empire isle and in the end to the orange islands, right?
Can you specify how work the badge system?
(Sorry so much question)
I like the palettes(the palettes in the tree of the 8th screen(sevii islands) are messed up)
Good luck.:)

Cheers for the questions, I like them :) helps me develop my idea as I haven't planned it all out myself!

You start on the Sevii Islands and venture through Empire Isle. There will be a part of the game featuring a trip to (A small segment of) Johto and also a few of the Orange Islands at the end. The amount I feature on the Orange Islands depends on what the ROM can handle after I finish Empire Isle.

The Gym badges are royal symbols/emblems. You earn 7 through battling Gyms, and then a final badge has to be earned from the ruler of Empire Isle (Lord Gerald Empire). And then you take on the Assembly of Royals (Elite 4 and Champion).

With regards to the palette error, I did notice that and attempt to rectify it, but the grass palette was being affected too much so I thought it'd have to do how it is. I may look into it again in the future :) cheers for the inquiries!

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
I Think you should scrap the whole idea of doing the orange islands and instead, expand upon the Sevii islands and empire isle. Maybe set it 3-4 years in the future and add new things around the Sevii islands, like maybe 2 island has more people living there now and that maybe the ruins of alph collapsed. Just a little extra and then be unique with Empire Isle.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I Think you should scrap the whole idea of doing the orange islands and instead, expand upon the Sevii islands and empire isle. Maybe set it 3-4 years in the future and add new things around the Sevii islands, like maybe 2 island has more people living there now and that maybe the ruins of alph collapsed. Just a little extra and then be unique with Empire Isle.

Hmmm, the idea is tempting, although I have a idea of what I can use the Ruins of Alph for already. Tomorrow or Friday I'm going review the use of the orange islands etc, between sixth form and work I'll have a think. Cheers for the ideas!

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Beta 0.1 release + New screenshots!

Update
Beta 0.1 Released!

Beta 0.1 download link! (4.7mb)

Also, screenshots from areas to be featured in Beta 0.2!

New Screenshots!
Spoiler:

Please give me some feedback on Beta 0.1 and what more you'd like to see. This isn't the wildest of hacks but I hope to make a fun, worth playing hack that's not too overblown or mad! :)

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
DaleH771 i see you change the palletes , nothing more...the maps are good for what i see in the screens.
I will download the beta and tell you what i think about.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
DaleH771 i see you change the palletes , nothing more...the maps are good for what i see in the screens.
I will download the beta and tell you what i think about.

Tile inserting is something I have never tried. I'm considering putting a position up looking for someone to insert D\P Poke Centres and Marts, and maybe a few buildings too! And thanks, be sure to let me know what you think. As I've mentioned, Beta 0.1 isn't overly brilliant, Beta 0.2 will be far better when you get more in depth into Empire Isle.

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
Years
Tile inserting is more easy than looks.
I learn how to insert tiles with a tutorial and it's easy(i just use paint and AM).

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Just played a little found one bug, when you retrieve your Pokemon then battle your rival "insertnamehere" you can leave where you found him, come back and he's there again, talk to him and he dissapears. The problem is that he's there when you come back, very small, minor bug though just thought I'd point it out.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Just played a little found one bug, when you retrieve your Pokemon then battle your rival "insertnamehere" you can leave where you found him, come back and he's there again, talk to him and he dissapears. The problem is that he's there when you come back, very small, minor bug though just thought I'd point it out.

Cheers for the comment bud.

This is a bug I am aware of and happens in all Rival instances. I cannot find the latest Pokescript and so my removesprite function does not work, so I have no way to remove his sprite permanently from the game. Until this problem has been rectified I have left him there but made him vanish for ease.

The same occurs when you want to enter certain areas, you must talk to certain individuals to pass through as I also do not know how to make setmaptile movement permissions permanent.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
Another VERY small problem (wouldn't necessarily call it a bug), when you have your rival battle at Empire Isle Port there is a grammar error after beating your rival. He says "Kadabra and Me" should be "Kadabra and I" very small problem.

Spotted another bug, there's this pokeball in Empire Isle Port, you cannot collect the item in it.

Here's a screenshot of where the pokeball is.

PokemonAdventuretoEmpireIsleBeta01.png

Last edited:

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Another VERY small problem (wouldn't necessarily call it a bug), when you have your rival battle at Empire Isle Port there is a grammar error after beating your rival. He says "Kadabra and Me" should be "Kadabra and I" very small problem.

Spotted another bug, there's this pokeball in Empire Isle Port, you cannot collect the item in it.

Here's a screenshot of where the pokeball is.

PokemonAdventuretoEmpireIsleBeta01.png

Again, thanks for the grammar error :)

With regards to the Pokeball, they are all currently like that, this is because my current scripting tool doesn't function properly, but for Beta 0.2 these shall be rectified as I have XSE. This problem however too was listed above however :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Wow, I've just started playing this hack and I'm really impressed! I love how you're expanding on the Sevii Isles, as I always loved those when I first played Fire Red. I hope you continue to work on this, and am anxious for the next beta release! Keep up the good work! :)

One more thing, do you plan on editing any of the movesets / base stats for the Pokémon to make them more balanced? I love playing hacks like Expert Emerald where many of the Pokémon lacking in terms of base stats and shallow movepools have been improved, and would love to see this kind of thing in you hack. Obviously, that's just my opinion and many others wouldn't agree, so it's up to you. Also, did you plan on creating a mini 'guide' showing which routes contain which Pokémon? I'd really appreciate this too, but I understand it's easy for me to ask these things. :)

Back