• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
The one thing I learned form my experience is that people will only see what they want to see. I was so sure before I came out that my parents already knew I was gay. I was an 18 year old boy who had never ever had a girlfriend, much less even shown interest in a girl, and I voluntarily watched Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. The fact that my mother hints constantly to my sister that she needs to find a boyfriend and never even approached the subject of me finding a girlfriend made me think "heyyy... yeah they totally know." So when I flippantly told them, I honestly wasn't expecting much of a reaction.

But they had no freaking clue whatsoever. Apparently despite the 83 clues I'd left them, the fact that I wasn't effeminate in my mannerisms or speech apparently made it impossible to figure out. So yeah, I'm not surprised that they picked up on none of your clues lol.
Well, I'm a 20 year old guy who's never showed any interest in girls, lol. I've even been asked out a few times, and turned them down every time. Then again, I've always used to say "Games are more fun than girls." when someone asked me why I didn't have a girlfriend, which was entirely true at the time, so I suppose they don't have any reason to think otherwise at this point.

My mom does already know as far as I know though. (Unless she forgot or something. I can't honestly tell. lol) I told her not to tell my dad because I wanted to do it myself, and then just never did. I decided that it didn't matter enough, and if he ever actually asked me, I would tell him. For some reason, I just feel like I need to now though. I don't know why.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
^I know whatcha mean. I was going to wait to tell my dad, but I was just afraid that I would get caught doing something, and a scene would break out. I told him, and everything was fine. If your parents love you, then they will accept you ^.^

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
meh, I had a crappy 'coming out' to my parents :( and then they forgot it happened 'til they caught me E-dating, and they've forgot once again, and I don't feel like doing it again because I don't want to hear their bigotrist crap again >:(

Don't believe for a second that they "forgot". They didn't forget a thing, that's quite simply not something you forget. They're trying to pretend that it doesn't exist in the hope that it'll go away.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Don't believe for a second that they "forgot". They didn't forget a thing, that's quite simply not something you forget. They're trying to pretend that it doesn't exist in the hope that it'll go away.
Yeah, I kind of figure that's the case with my mom as well. Maybe I should just tell her at the same time as if neither of them know.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
God, I need to post in here more. >< I can never seem to find something to say that hasn't already been said before, but when I do, I feel like I start to ramble. So I shall put my rambling in spoilers.

But first, a belated welcome to [Snivy Baroque] from another random member!

^I know whatcha mean. I was going to wait to tell my dad, but I was just afraid that I would get caught doing something, and a scene would break out. I told him, and everything was fine. If your parents love you, then they will accept you ^.^

I can't say anything about acceptance from one's parents unless they're fairly open-minded (darn you, lucky people here with tolerant parents!); you're more likely to get acceptance from any siblings you may have, since they've likely seen most of the same things you have.

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Years
Yeah, I kind of figure that's the case with my mom as well. Maybe I should just tell her at the same time as if neither of them know.

I wouldn't bother lol - she knows. I'd just bring a guy home to meet her one time and see what happens haha.

TornZero, don't worry about rambling lol - we love that here! I'm not as sure as you are that your brother's sexuality is just a phase. I read somewhere that male sexuality is stagnant, while female sexuality can be fluid. So while females may go through phases like this, it's highly less likely that males will ever change. So unless he's doing it for attention (which is not something I would ever do for attention but I digress) then I think he could be the real deal. Of course, I have no science or references to back this up and it's just my opinion, but I did read it somewhere I'm sure of it lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, I'm sure I'm not literally the only one... but the odds of finding one are pretty dang slim.

TornZero

Years
TornZero, don't worry about rambling lol - we love that here! I'm not as sure as you are that your brother's sexuality is just a phase. I read somewhere that male sexuality is stagnant, while female sexuality can be fluid. So while females may go through phases like this, it's highly less likely that males will ever change.
Mine's actually pretty unpredictable; I use "bisexual" because it's easier for people to understand than "fluid."

As for my li'l bro, he's the youngest in my family and acts like the typical "family baby." It's actually believable with him if he does something like this to get attention. At least he made a friend/boyfriend that he actually enjoys being around out of it, so romantic orientation I have no doubts about.

Shining Raichu

Years
Well I guess it doesn't really matter either way. It's sweet that he's found somebody so young :P though for him to have found a boyfriend is a pretty big commitment to an attention-seeking endeavour. It means if he does turn out to be straight in the end, he'll never live it down haha.

TornZero

Years
My family doesn't let anyone else in the family live anything down. I mentioned a couple hundred posts back that the 12-year-old niece of my mom's co-worker flat out said, "He's HO~T," about my little brother. We still make a joke out of it, even though it's been a few months now.

Years
Oh, "fixing" comments. I feel for you. I at least had family who preferred not to talk about, well, anything. It made things a little easier in some respects.

Years
That must be bad. I've lived in pretty progressive areas mostly and even then they aren't a cakewalk. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be in the middle of a place like that.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, sounds like where I live. Luckily I don't think anyone would ever guess that I'm gay, and my parents are fairly accepting, even though no one else here would be.

I mean, my mom basically said that I was a disgusting failure when I told her (I'm paraphrasing, but that's what she said whether she realized it or not.) but she also said that she would do her best to accept it, and has actually stopped making comments about how evil gays are.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I've been working with my voice for the past few days, and I have made some progress. What do you guys think
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0TbookM6uTS
I'm a bit nervous about it, but I shouldn't be >.<

Any feedback is good c:

On other news, I opened up to all my friends on facebook, and they all love me the same. I'm really happy about it all! c:

EDIT - I wanted to make a few things clear on the voice: It kind of goes a bit everywhere towards the end, I'm aware of it. Holding this voice for a lentgh is the big problem. The longest time I was able to hold this voice was 5 minutes and 12 seconds. Which was before recording. ^.^;;

Shining Raichu

Years
Your real voice is a lot deeper and manlier than I thought it would be for someone who's only 16 haha - then again, I was kind of a late developer voice-wise so I guess my opinion is skewed :P - as for the voice you're aspiring to, I don't really know how to judge it because I'm not sure what it is you're aiming for. Is it just more femininity you're after? Because if so then you're definitely on the right track but it definitely still needs some work.

Also guys, I was on Facebook this morning and came across this article. It's kind of similar to one that was posted here a while back, about those really accepting parents with a son who identifies as gay. From the similarities of the stories, it may well even be the same mother writing it. Regardless, positivity is always nice to read :). But then I got to the comment stream and while most are positive, there is this one jerk who I lol'd at:

Someone Who is Totally the Executive of a Fortune 500 Company said:
Obviously the son hasn't a clue what he is talking about.
If he REALLY Does???
Time for Mom, Dad, and the Son to get some help, or contact the law.
When the son is 18, then he can "decide" to become Gay, or to take drugs, drink, go to college or any other decision he may want to make.
Sorry folks just cause you want it to be? Doesn't make it so...
That's 20 years of college from the finest schools, and the Exec. of a fortune 500 company talking.
I haven't a single issue with the Gay life style, but please... a 7 year old doesn't have a clue, and shouldn't have!

There are plenty of good responses to it, but here is mine:

ME! said:
You're an idiot. The fact that you did "20 years of college at the finest schools" and are the "exec of a Fortune 500 company" is very impressive, you know... kudos on that. Snaps for you. Neither, however, is a credential for you to make that judgment. And considerin­g you impart this wisdom on us with such authority despite providing no logical reasoning beyond your exciting-y­et-irrelev­ant job title, I'm guessing none of those 20 years in your fancy schooling were spent studying psychology­, biology or early childhood developmen­t. In other words, you know nothing.

I do love it when people on the internet are wrong...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I don't mean to take away from the trans party going on over here :P but I have some more good gay marriage legalization news to share and I'm particularly excited since it's my home state:

NJ Senate OKs gay marriage bill in milestone vote

I really hope this does get through. Christie is a terrible man honestly, lol, and I hope that he has no say in this whatsoever tbh. Meanwhile on an unrelated note he's trying to take away a college option in South Jersey alongside attempting to stop gay marriage, so he's just a monstrous man all around and I can't wait to be able to vote him out.

But yes getting closer :3

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but it seems our governor followed through on his threats.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501365_162-57380574/n.j-gov-christie-vetoes-gay-marriage-bill/

Back