• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Kris vs. Lyra? Who Do You Prefer?

Kris or Lyra?

• Kris

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Lyra

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Both

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Kris all the way. I simply don't think Lyra is "cute". I also have experience of Kris from the manga and Lyra's hat ruins it all...

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Kris all the way. I always picked her for GSC. I think she is the best out of Lyra and Kris

Ycia

Metal Generation.♥
Years
I like Kris, coz' she's stuck on my head since school days. XD
But Lyra is a lot better, I think because I love Balloon hats. XD

Evey

Female Red
Years
I voted both. Though I do like Krys better (because of the manga) Lyra is actually very similar to her. I know the creators said that they made Lyra from scratch, but that's bull. Lyra and Krys both have the same hair-type with those cute little low pigtails. Also there body-type and stature are similar as well. Honestly it just seemed like they dyed Krys's hair brown and slapped a new more themed outfit on her. The rival character in Heart Gold/Soul Silver is SUPER annoying and cheery. Which isn't a bad thing if your in a bad mood. But when your wanting to advance to the next areas and battles its kindof annoying. Plus since I'm pretty sure this game was more directed as males, it makes Ethan (game-version of Gold) seem really girly and well....ya know. Nothing wrong against that of course, just doesn't match his intended personality. And that Marill, dear sweet Arceus...well enough ranting frum me X3

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I like both, definitely.
To me they are the same--just because Lyra was designed from scratch doesn't necessarily make her a different character (Silver's name defaults to Heart and Soul in the remakes, are they different? And I'd say Sabrina's redesign is even more drastic than Kris/Lyra's).

I really love Lyra's adorable outfit (especially that hat--I want it!!), and Kris's more tough, simple design is super cool, too! They're both great.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2015
Kris's sprite makes her feel like more of a strong female lead, while Lyra just looks like some girly little kid who can't take anything seriously, so Kris wins this one by a long shot. However, they made Gold and Silver a lot girly-er with their redesigns as well, so that might just be a general gen 4 thing.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
A lot of people are actually saying they like Kris because of hers or Lyra's design, I haven't really "everyone" posting about Kris's nostalgic factor. ;)

Kris's design > Lyra's design imo. Lyra looks way too girly and like she's mid-falling over, plus her ingame sprite was a pain to play as. Kris actually looks like she's ready to go on a journey and can handle herself.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I prefer Kris because in Pokemon Adventures, she was really awesome. She's good at battling AND capturing Pokemon. It made me really like her a lot. I still haven't seen the Pokemon Adventures version of Lyra, but I saw her anime version and nothing really appealed to me. Looks like just a regular trainer in the show.

Years
Am I one of the very few who actually loves Lyra more?

I have to say, the reason I like her better than Kris is because Lyra is so cute, I love her hat and her hair color is so much like mine. She fits my description as a whole and that bow on her hat is what makes her awesome. I love cute protagonists like her.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Lyra look too goofy to me...i just can't take her serious as a trainer.
Kris on the other hand looks really cool, like a trainer who means serious business, but is still nice and loving to her pokemon
She might even be the best looking female protagonist ever

MetaLion

rawr
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
Am I one of the very few who actually loves Lyra more?
No, I think I do to. I never understood the concept behind Kris clothing and... hairstyle. Lyra is really cute and imo the best designed female protagonist. Unlike the Sinnoh female protagonist, she doesn't look overly weak and feminine and unlike the Hoenn trainers, she doesn't look like she's wearing a pokémon-training-suit of some kind. To give some examples of why.

Then, she wasn't the most cool antagonist in the game :p but since Gary and Silver, there hasn't really been any cool antagonists, and we actually had Silver in HG/SS. So.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I really dislike them both. They're my least favorite female protagonists.

But if I had to pick the lesser of two evils, I'd go with Kris. Her design is just average but Lyra (which is my favorite name, too... u_u) just looks like a weird genderbent Mario thing...

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Kris is my favorite one. She has blue hair, and she knows good Pokemon. I had level 100 Feraligatr and Dragonite in the breeding section. Lyra didn't get Teddiursa in HeartGold version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back