• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

It's hawt out.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Haha, I'll admit, perhaps this is sort of an advice thread of sorts (I'm suffering, give me a break). But I'm sure many of us have gone through those days where it's just ridiculously hot. Like, sweating in places you never knew you could sweat from hot.

So you're suffering from this heat. What do you do to cool down? I'm sure many of you would go and say you'd turn the air conditioner on, but that's too easy. So, give me a good second if that's your answer. Perhaps you go to the beach, hit the shower, go for a bike ride? Tell me all! Happy posting!

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I don't even have an AC to turn on :<

I have a huge comic collection, though, from which I usually dish out a few to play the role of the fan. Alternatively, lots of cooled water and a cold shower.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Diet and go outside and exercise as much as possible to get used to it. I live in a desert, and I never get hot. lol (Well, lived... I just moved to Seattle, and it's only like 75 here... way too cold for me now. lol)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I just take a cold shower and stay inside at the AC. Or if possible, I go to a friend's house or a family member's house and jump in their pool. That's a better way to kick the heat.

Last edited:
Years
At home, fans. I've got one that points at me at the desk so I hardly ever get hot while I'm here. Water, with ice if it's really hot. Sometimes the cold shower if it's desperate. (My house has decent AC though so that's usually last resort.)

Years
I get naked. Or semi-naked. Or if I have to wear something decent then really short, thin clothes. And I stay indoors where it is cool and leave the lights off because darkness feels cooler.

Sometimes I'll go to the beach, but I don't always even want to take the time to do that because it feels too hot.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Get in the car and crank up the air conditioning because there ain't one in our house... the family is too cheap to even get a window unit.

Right now, I'm trying my best to keep cool with fans. They don't really work that well in the afternoon when the sun is beating down into my room. I'll use freezer packs as well if certain parts of my body (my upper back is miserable for this) get excessively hot.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have a pool so I usually use that when the AC doesn't work. Outside of that, I go to 7Eleven for a nice cold slushie :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If I'm out and it suddenly gets really hot, then I try and find the shadiest place possible and stay there for as long as I can. If I'm inside, I open up all the windows, turn off the lights and bask in the cool darkness. Apart from when I'm driving, nowhere that I go to has air conditioning, so I've got to make do with what I've got, unfortunately.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I'd put ice cubes or cold running water on my wrists, palms facing up. I have to sit down if I get too hot. >.<

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I just...sit really still most of the time. I can't really beat the heat, I just wilt. :(

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
At home, fans. I've got one that points at me at the desk so I hardly ever get hot while I'm here. Water, with ice if it's really hot. Sometimes the cold shower if it's desperate.

This is it for me too. Sadly my flat doesn't have A/C but luckily it doesn't get that hot @_@ Cold on the other hand.. it gets cold and I am looking into buying a nice electric blanket <3

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
We have AC in our house but currently it's broke so to cool down, I just turn on the fans and open the windows. If it's really hot , I wet a towel with cold water, freeze it, and put around my neck. It really works.

Years
I usually wet a washing cloth and wipe the cool water on my face.

Also, when I get thirsty in the hot weather I like to have nice cool drinks.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ironically it's raining here right now.

But when it's gets really hot which should be in a couple of months here, it gets hot. Although, I usually just fight it with an army of fans, and cold glasses of water. Plus we have an air conditioner too, which is great.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I know the hot feeling, I remember when it got up to 103 F (39.4 C) in Seattle (July 29th, 2009) I could barely stand it, sitting in front of the AC eating ice cream didn't help much.

Helps me out during the heat is fan, loose clothing (shorts, shirt outside-none inside). Ice water helps, air conditioner on, eating ice cream too.

btw QuilavaKing we live in the same city, Seattle. Cold? just wait for the snow to fall.

Back