• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Dang it, math..

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
Years
For me it really depends on the teacher to determine whether or not I like a subject. I tend to like subjects where the class is challenging, but I get it, and where I like the teacher and they're a good teacher.

So, as of right now I like chemistry the most I think. It's surprising because my teacher is really rigid in how she teaches, but I like her enough, and I struggled with chemistry earlier on in the year, but now I get it! (we'll see how long THAT lasts) Another class I liked in the past was history, as my teacher was/is really awesome, and made even the horribly boring classes and assignments fun.

A lot of times I don't like English. I tend to get the boring or crazy teachers... or both. To be honest, I think I'm a terrible writer (although my teachers don't agree :/) and so having to write essays for people to view is cringe-worthy. And in seventh grade I had a crazy teacher who I despised, but we won't go into that!

-Golurk

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My favourite subject was French, hands down. I always loved doing languages and I remember looking forward to that class every day I had it for five years. I was a

My least favourite subject was PE. My hatred was so great for that subject that I made a Myspace page calling for compulsory PE to be banned in schools. It still exists and I'm confident the amazing power of Myspace will prevail. I'll keep you all posted.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Most of the times, its depending on the teacher, whether I like him/her.

I don't really like any subjects, but seeing you guys consider PE as one, which my country only lists PE as an school activity, not a subject. I guess thats my favourite subject, after all, its the only "subject" that doesn't need any brainpower. I somehow enjoy math, but I am not really good at it.

Meanwhile... I hate Chemistry to the core, can never understand Science but after taking Physics, I can relate to it (Chemistry), but NOT CHEMISTRY. I can never remember what I learn after a year of taking Chemistry, things were okay when they were about Ionic Bonding and the other bonding, but after they have questions something like what chemical reacts with what, what substance (eg sodium sulfate) reacts with what, what is the reaction? I can never relate to that, after all, WHAT IS CHEMISTRY?

Last edited:

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Bonus points: Why did you find it so enjoyable?

My favourite subject is Music! :D I find it enjoyable 'cause I'm good at it and music is... well... awesome (a bit like me)

I don't really have a subject I really dislike... I'm just did what I was handed.
If I had to pick one though, it would be probably science - the chemistry & stuff hurt my brain XD

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Gym is my favourite subject at school. It's the only one where I can't get in trouble for talking.

Ever since my eighth grade English teacher gave me my first B in middle school, I hated that class.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Philosophy and that's it. I've always hated school, even if I liked the subjects, I can't think of any other class that I looked forward to lol.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
My favorite was probably History because it was always really easy for me to pass without studying or anything. My least favorite was math because it's stupid, hard and i'll never ever use it in life.

Guy

just a guy
Years
English, Art, Science, and Theater. Those were my four favorite subjects in high school. Learning them felt more like a form of expression rather than work to me ─ well, maybe not science so much. I've always enjoyed writing though and during high school was when I started reading more, so English became something I grew more fond of then, than the years before.

I've always enjoyed art, even though I don't really think I'm all that great at it, while it was my English teacher who got me interested in theater.

Science, well, I've always enjoyed learning about space, the ocean, and all that jazz. Don't get me into the math and technical things though. Please don't.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
*sigh* That's hard...since i don't really like school haha, but I enjoy Math and science. Oh, I almost forgot, I love sport too. My least favorite...it HAS to be French, (I study in a French school, doesn't that suck?) English, Spanish...etc. Oh my gosh, you have to know that I HATE grammar and all these things lol. I was horrible, but now I'm always getting 7/10,6.5/10 or 6/10. That's good for someone who always had 4/10,5/10 and even 1/10..*sigh* but I hate to study it :l

Last edited:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Favorite? Math, because I'm pretty good at it and I loooooove my teaaacher. Least? There goes Social Studies ...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I feel like we've had this topic before. :P

Anyway, my favorite subjects in high school/grade school were art and English. I always was fascinated with English cause of the interesting rules and such of grammar. Plus writing stories and essay allowed me to be creative and express myself more. My teachers have always told me I had great writing skills and said she was always excited to read my stories and essays. Also had some pretty nice and fun English teachers who gave us interesting projects.

Art because of the same reasons as English. I can fully express myself as an artist and I have also learned alot about drawing and art in general which has helped me improved.

My least favorite subject was math, specifically algebra. There's some concepts like finding variables and basic trig I get but more complex stuff is just too hard for me to understand. Alot of it goes over my head and I personally don't see much use for it ,besides basic math , in real life. Or at least not in my career or lifetime.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hmm my favourite class in university was Animation.
My least favourite classes depended on the teacher. If it was a not-so-good teacher, I felt like I wasn't learning anything, so I got bored easily. I guess it could be Animation and Art History I might say was my least favourite.

Favourite: I've always loved animation.. it's my career choice and I just love being able to make characters alive, and learning how to make a character more believable (acting or even by the way I draw them/ pose them) is so interesting to me!
Least Favourite: I've just never been a history person.. I like looking at art from the past, I like learning the facts, but when I have to memorize dates and stuff like that.. it just takes the fun out of it and I feel like something that's regurgitating information.

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
I love all my subjects at school. My favorite subjects would be biology (honors), English (honors), physical education, and comprehensive art.

Biology: I love learning how the body works, evolution, and animals. It just feels so natural while learning about Biology.

English: I love creating my own stories, and there is a word of the day for each school day. My class would use the words to create silly sentences. Writing my own stories is fun. I have a high imagination.

P.E.: I am very athletic, especially at running. I love the feeling of adrenaline rushing through my veins as I run. It feels so good.

Comp. Art: I love drawing. I've been drawing ever since I was a toddler. Art is one of the things that come naturally to me like Biology. With my high imagination, I tend to draw often (mostly sketches).

I'm guess my least favorite subject would be history II. I dislike remembering the chronology of certain dates for a test or quiz in history.

Back