• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
Update on the names that were revealed on pokebeach from my earlier post.

There is some expectation that these might be the September CoroCoro reveals, of which 14 is a large number.

Also, the translation/interpretation of some of the japanese names has been updated as the following:

Spoiler:

I hope this doesn't disappoint the raving blizzard wolf fans :(

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The silhouette reminds me of this:
horstachio.jpg

Horstachio from Viva Piñata

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Serebii updated and says the URL says "URL includes the term Soritiba ソリティ馬, which was a trademark registered last year by Gamefreak " I wonder if it'll be the Conquestesk game of the generation aka ? x Pokémon.

Either that or that's the Pokémon's name as Pokémon does trademark Pokémon names along with those of the games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If chespin becomes a knight, I hope fot Grass/Steel, Grass/Rock, or Grass/Fighting. If Fennekin is going the magical route, I hope its Fire/Fairy as that is way more fitting than Psychic. Froakie, if Ninja, hope its Dark type. Only ninja like pokemon have been Dark or Bug/Flying. Only Ninjas from the series used Poison or Dark or Bug types.

Years
Update on the names that were revealed on pokebeach from my earlier post.

There is some expectation that these might be the September CoroCoro reveals, of which 14 is a large number.

Also, the translation/interpretation of some of the japanese names has been updated as the following:

Spoiler:

I hope this doesn't disappoint the raving blizzard wolf fans :(
When you put the names in that order it's easier to see how those seem a lot more like starter evolutions since they share some of the same sounds and patterns. If we accept that this batch of names does in fact include the 6 evolutions of the starters then the ones presented here seem to fit closest, though given the name Tailunar or whatever by itself would never jump out at me as a fox just because foxes have tails. Personally, I'm not completely sold on the interpretations of the ninja/knight/huli jing. I think that's what people want so they're seeing evidence that fits it.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Nyaonikusu

ニャオニクス/Nyaonikusu — nyao is the sound a cat makes in Japanese, nikusu may come from sphinx. There isn't a huge amount to say here.

Nikusu might come from nyx which means night in latin.If you say Nikusu quickly it sounds like nyx.
Nyanikusu might be a dark type cat pokemon.
An evolution for persian or for liepard?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dont think that .hack is a really well known series.

4 separate anime series, two mini movies that were placed along side of the games, about four or five Manga, and three sets of games, not to mention a massive MMO that has said to be in the works for a few years now kinda says it was a fairly well known game.

Sword Art Online was a lot like the .hack series, even if it was better. Personally I'd call SAO a better selling spin on .hack.

Four of my friends sent me an IM while I was at work saying "Look its a grunty!" XD

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
4 separate anime series, two mini movies that were placed along side of the games, about four or five Manga, and three sets of games, not to mention a massive MMO that has said to be in the works for a few years now kinda says it was a fairly well known game.

Sword Art Online was a lot like the .hack series, even if it was better. Personally I'd call SAO a better selling spin on .hack.

Four of my friends sent me an IM while I was at work saying "Look its a grunty!" XD

We can exclude the series , the movie and the manga since it says ''played''.
AFAIK only PS2 games were released outside of Japan.The psp ones remain untranslated.If it was that popular we would have seen more games.
And that shillouette doesnt look like a grunty because it has those 2 ears.
On top of that it wouldnt make sense to cross those 2 games.I dont think it would look nice to slay Pokemon.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Spoiler:

Being honest, I didn't think of a ninja-frog when you mentioned Gekogashira being "the head of something". I thought of a Mafia type Godfather guy frog. That would be cool. Nonetheless I want a water-dark type.

Has anyone speculated as to what Oorotto's typing might be? I'm thinking Dark/Grass perhaps?

h7911C40A

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Being honest, I didn't think of a ninja-frog when you mentioned Gekogashira being "the head of something". I thought of a Mafia type Godfather guy frog. That would be cool. Nonetheless I want a water-dark type.

Has anyone speculated as to what Oorotto's typing might be? I'm thinking Dark/Grass perhaps?

Spoiler:

We have speculated on it a lot. There is 4 possibilities that most have said. It really depends on what type of concept they are working with honestly. They made the other trees rock type. Some have also suggested Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Ghost.

Grass/Dark (Being one of the main ones.)
Grass/Ghost (Being another main one.)
Rock/Ghost
Rock/Dark

Years
I think the riddle could be meant to deceive.

Well known game played around the world, might be related to something that is not a video game per se, like sports or tabletop related. What game do many cultures play that involves or references horses/ponies? Also, "reborn" has got to have a double meaning aside from the inference of being revitalized/revolutionized, as in something to to with life or death, there was some purpose in that word choice. Pokemon doesn't need to be reborn, it hasn't lost popularity and is already undergoing the 3ds transformation, though the collaboration may mean the pokemon will revitalize the other game. SO this could be a pokemon-related project.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is being release next month (Hmm, exactly when the CoroCoro "big scoop" will be revealed) after failure to do so last year and was featured at this year's E3. It fits both the literal and figurative meaning of reborn. The only question is the choice of the pony. Maybe it's just a cutesy pony/or actual pokemon for a 3ds version of Final Fantasy or a Pokemon Crossover respectively.

Also, on starters,

I am getting a knight-mage/wizard-king vibe going on. A nice reference to European literature and fairy-tales.

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
http://i.imgur.com/UfmFYSS.png
there is a guy nicknamed "iamtheleaker", he say he have information about the game.
he give the gym leaders and elite four types(he say there is a dark type gym), pokemons evolutions and some other information.
i like what he say, would be happy to see this becoming true

As much as i want to believe him(Dolphin pokemon) i wont.
1)He reminds me of Mr.XY who had a really well written list as well but ended up being fake.Since then i dont trust a random ''leaker'' and i would advice you to do so as well.
2)''IAMTHELEAKER''??Really??
3)The fairy wind description.
What site is that from?

Last edited:
Years
As much as i want to believe him(Dolphin pokemon) i wont.
1)He reminds me of Mr.XY who had a really well written list as well but ended up being fake.Since then i dont trust a random ''leaker'' and i would advice you to do so as well.
2)''IAMTHELEAKER''??Really??
3)The fairy wind description.
What site is that from?

i didn't say i believe him, i just said i like what he say and be happy if it will be true.
i don't take anyone who call himself leaker untill his information is reveal as truth, and even when it happan(just like with pokebeach' leaker) i just take him seriously.

there are just to many "leakers" to believe to anyone..
about site-i don't know, found it in pokebeach

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think I won't believe any rumour that mentions a water/psychic dolphin pokemon. It's like the number one requested pokemon out there.

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
Yeah I'm going to guess that he has the starters and gyms right, but there is a lot to doubt. For instance, why would he not know the first E4 members type?It kind of sounds like he wasn't really paying that much attention. I also find it shockingly hard to believe that the Z in XYZ is a rock/poison snake...

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Yeah I'm going to guess that he has the starters and gyms right, but there is a lot to doubt. For instance, why would he not know the first E4 members type?It kind of sounds like he wasn't really paying that much attention. I also find it shockingly hard to believe that the Z in XYZ is a rock/poison snake...

The starters were just copies of what people speculated those japanese pokedex entries leaks were.
BTW did that guy post anything new?

Last edited:

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I've only read the first line and I already think that this is totally fake.
Litleo evolving into a Manticore?
Sorry, but that's too epic to be true.

EDIT: Yup, now that I've read all of if, I can confirm that this is WAY too good to be true :/

Last edited:
Back