• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Guide: How to Trade/Battle Pokemon over Wifi (FR/LG/R/S/E)

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2009
The first few tries it didnt work.
Then I clicked something, which was so stupid of me not to take down and it suddenly worked!
Then when I tried it again it didn't want to work again :((

BTW. Would this still work if I used 2 different ROMs? Like Sapphire to Emerald?

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Nah, never worked for me over the internet, just using one computer, and using local lan. Here's ANOTHER advantage of it: cloning! Make a VBA save (not an in-game save), trade over a good pokemon for a useless one, and restore the original save file!

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2022
Every time i enter the Union Room or choose Join Group, it always resets for no reason and it keeps happening all the time. Can you help me out DarkPrince?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
id rather use no$gba
i donno i keep getting a disconnection error during battles :/

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2010
Its not working for me and my friend, it kept giving me a 192.168 IP for the server... And I think thats my local IP not my computer IP.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
Hi everyone & thanks for the awesome tutorial it works like a charm! i was curious. Does anyone know if its possible to use this process to trade/battle through wifi but on the iPhone? either through vba or gpsphone? if possible PLEEEEEAAAASSE HALP! thanks again

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Awesome tut man ! damn looking forward to testing out my team, anybody interested in battling trading give me a pm, we can talk more then :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2012
Help plzzzz!! D=

I cant trade!! D= i connected to another computer!! but the lady in the game doesnt let me in!! D= plzzzzz help me! what should i do???

I cant trade/battle!! D= i connected to another computer! but when i talk to the lady! she doesnt let me in!! D= help meeee plzzzz!! D=

Last edited:

Ponester

Gen3/4 FAN!
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Anyone wants to trade or battle like this in gen 3?

Last edited:

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
Hello, I have a VBA but i don't see a "Link" in my "Options" i don't think i have the right VBA for this, cause i would like to trade with myself to get different pokemon and evolve pokemon also

oh, nm, i downloaded the VBA from your link you made from your 1st post, i got a "Link" in my "Options" i got it ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Hey! I finally found someone who still plays Leaf Green and Fire Red :D

My question is: do you know any community where we can battle and trade online in the way described in this thread?
And if it doesn't exist, would you like to help me in creating it?

Ponester

Gen3/4 FAN!
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Hey! I finally found someone who still plays Leaf Green and Fire Red :D

My question is: do you know any community where we can battle and trade online in the way described in this thread?
And if it doesn't exist, would you like to help me in creating it?

If it's me your talking about, I don't think there is one, but I would be glad to help in creating a server or something on the line of a Virtual Linking System or like that, where people that play pokemon on a VBA console could speak, trade and battle with each other.
So if any of these arguments fit your liking, sir, I would be more than happy to help you create a good community for VBA users. PM me in any case.

EDIT: If you also might like, I would love to trade or battle with you, I don't cheat and level up, I just catch mostly, but if you would love I would have a level 50 battle with you! And trade too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
If it's me your talking about, I don't think there is one, but I would be glad to help in creating a server or something on the line of a Virtual Linking System or like that, where people that play pokemon on a VBA console could speak, trade and battle with each other.
So if any of these arguments fit your liking, sir, I would be more than happy to help you create a good community for VBA users. PM me in any case.

EDIT: If you also might like, I would love to trade or battle with you, I don't cheat and level up, I just catch mostly, but if you would love I would have a level 50 battle with you! And trade too.

Ok, I'll send you a pm. Anyway, in the "Emulation" section there is a thread about building a community like this (I can't post it cause I'm a newbie, but you can find it easily!).

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
hey guys
is there any possibility to change pokemon with an emulator, knowing i play the RED Version (First Generation)
i guess not, would be brilliant though

thank you

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
hey guys
is there any possibility to change pokemon with an emulator, knowing i play the RED Version (First Generation)
i guess not, would be brilliant though

thank you

Exchanging pokémon is very easy if you play an emulator called VBA Link.

Does someone know how to link THREE emulators? :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Exchanging pokémon is very easy if you play an emulator called VBA Link.

Does someone know how to link THREE emulators? :(

But does this also work for the red Version, 1st Generation, First Generation Gameboy Game?
WiFi didn't even exist then
would be awesome

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Hi, new here -

I was wondering if it is by now possible to trade/transfer from GBA to DS (which would be Emerald to Diamond/Pearl I believe?) by Emulator or other means of save file usage? I've been googling about but only find tons stuff concerning gba-to-gba, and that gba to DS isn't possible, but all the decent results I find are several years old.

I've been using VBAlink to trade with myself in LeafGreen, while actually playing on a DSTwo flash card.

Back