• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Handy-Dandy Quote Thread!

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Smack me if this was already made, but I have never seen anything like this hanging around.

This is the quote thread. This is where we list all the funny, stupid, meaningful, and all those fantastic quotes all over the place into one thread. How does it work? Is it a game? No, it's not a game! It's a list of any quotes that pop into your head. They can be quotes said around the forums, quotes from movies, games, TV shows, anything at all. Heck, you can make one up right on the spot.

The reason I'm making this is for sig uses. People really like to put quotes in their sig, whether they're meaningful or just plain stupid. So, if you ever run out of quotes, come here and there is sure to be a fresh one listed.

Rules--
  • Always give credit to the person who said the quote. If it's from a movie/TV show/videogame, also list that as well. If you have no idea who said it, just put ~anonymous. That works just as well.
  • Put the quote/s your adding in the correct category. I don't want some wacky quote going under "Quotes With Meaning." Organizing it all gives me and other people work to do. This may be a stupid thread, but still, don't act stupid.

And here are the categories...

Funny Quotes--

Just Plain Stupid Quotes--

Quotes With Meaning--

Dark Quotes--

Other Quotes--

*note--these categories will most likely be updated.

Please copy this list from the poster above and add your quotes.

All you have to do is start listing. I won't add anything at the moment, but you guys can go at it. Again, if this has already been made and/or it's in the wrong place and/or it's considered SPAM, please feel free to close it, move it, hide it, and then you can yell and me and smack me on the head.

Last edited:

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Dawg 2005 said:
So are they quotes that we made? Or just ones you can collect around PC?
Any quotes at all. They don't have to be just from PC. Like I said, from anything at all. Books, TV shows--you can use anything that fits in any of those categories.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 31, 2013

I have a bunch of quotes saved on my computer :3 I don't know who said half of them though :\

Funny Quotes--

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to." - Unknown
"I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To." - Unknown
"Come to the dark side - we have cookies!" - Unknown
"You tried, and you failed, so the lesson is, never try." - Homer J. Simpson.
" WARNING: in case of rapture, this car will be driverless. " - Unknown
"I'm gonna live forever, or die trying." - Joseph Heller (Catch 22).
"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair." - George Burns.
"Earth First - we'll stripmine the other planets later!" - Unknown

"If you die, I'll kill you!" - Unknown
"Here officer, hold my beer while I find my license." - Unknown
"Is tuna really Chicken?" - Jessica Simpson, after reading "Tuna, Chicken of the sea"
"We have only one person to blame, and that's each other." --Barry Beck, New York Ranger, on who started a brawl.
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet" --Al Gore
"I was playing poker the other night... with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died." --Steven Wright .
"I get to go to lots of places overseas, like Canada!" - Britney Spears

Other Quotes--

"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm." - Unknown
"If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?" - Unknown
"If Abercrombie & Fitch decided that breathing wasn't 'cool' any more, over half the teenage population would have suffocated within the following 24 hours." - Unknown

I did have a bunch of inspirational ones, but I lost the notepad file I had them saved in. I'll post some more later.

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Congrats, you were the first to add to the mighty quote list. ._. Well, it will soon be mighty, but not yet. I added your "Other" quotes to the Meaning list. It seemed to fit better ^^;

Funny Quotes--

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair." - George Burns.
"I seek the ninth level of power, and maybe an inexpensive hairbrush." - Gerald (Perfect Hair Forever)

"Is tuna really Chicken?" - Jessica Simpson, after reading "Tuna, Chicken of the sea"
"We have only one person to blame, and that's each other." --Barry Beck, New York Ranger, on who started a brawl.
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet" --Al Gore
"I was playing poker the other night... with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died." --Steven Wright .
"It's not your fault. It's Our fault for believing in you." - The King of All Cosmos (Katamari Demacy)
"I'll get a beard and then shave it off, and live happily ever after." - Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
"The man in the cat suit says we need motorcycles to get to Tuna Mountain." - Gerald (Perfect Hair Forever)

Quotes With Meaning--

"If Abercrombie & Fitch decided that breathing wasn't 'cool' any more, over half the teenage population would have suffocated within the following 24 hours." - Unknown
"It's better to light a match then complain about the darkness." - Anonymous
"If you can read this, thank a teacher." - Anonymous
"If one person does a foolish thing, it's a foolish thing. If a thousand people do a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing." -Chinese proverb

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Trent said:
Stupid Quotes:
"When life gives you lemons, chuck them at people"-Some kid in my dusty old yearbook from awhile back
"2+2=banana"-On someones MySpace
"Smacktard"-On a freind of mine's MySpace
Please copy the list. Sorry I didn't put it up there sooner, but it's there now ^^; It makes things much more convenient. *adds quotes*

Congrats, you were the first to add to the mighty quote list. ._. Well, it will soon be mighty, but not yet. I added your "Other" quotes to the Meaning list. It seemed to fit better ^^;

Funny Quotes--

"I seek the ninth level of power, and maybe an inexpensive hairbrush." - Gerald (Perfect Hair Forever)
"When life gives you lemons, chuck them at people." - Trent's yearbook

"It's not your fault. It's Our fault for believing in you." - The King of All Cosmos (Katamari Demacy)
"I'll get a beard and then shave it off, and live happily ever after." - Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
"The man in the cat suit says we need motorcycles to get to Tuna Mountain." - Gerald (Perfect Hair Forever)
"2+2=banana" - Someone's MySpace
"Smacktard" - On a friend of Trent's MySpace

Quotes With Meaning--

"If one person does a foolish thing, it's a foolish thing. If a thousand people do a foolish thing, it's still a foolish thing." -Chinese proverb

Dark Quotes--

"In space, no one can hear you scream." - Alien

Arrogance

Homunculus
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2006
Funny Quotes--

"You- You... You fabtart!" - Arrogance

Quotes With Meaning--

Dark Quotes--

"WHen death come's knockin', I go and answer the door." - Anonymous

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
SPOONY! I love your avy! <3~

Anyway, my favorite quote ever is rather long and hard to understand O.O But here it is ~

"'Are you waiting for customers?' I asked. 'You ought to have this couch designed like a barber's chair. Then when you want free association, you could stretch your patient out the way the barber does to lather up his customer, and when fifty minutes are up, you could tilt the chair forward again and hand him a mirror so he can see what he looks like on the outside after you've shaved his ego.' He said nothing, while I felt ashamed at the way I was abusing him, I couldn't stop. 'Then your patient could come in each session and say 'A little off the top of my anxiety, please' or 'Don't trim the super-ego too close if you don't mind,' or he might even come in for an egg shampoo-I mean ego shampoo. Aha! Did you notice that slip of the tongue, doctor? Make a note of it. I said I wanted an egg shampoo instead of an ego shampoo. Egg......ego....close aren't they? Does this mean I want to be washed clean of my sins? Reborn? Is it baptism symbolism? Or are we shaving too close? Does an idiot have an id?'"

There you go! My favorite quote! The guy was compasring a pherapy session to a barber shop o.o;

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
[size="-7"]Funny Quotes--

Quotes With Meaning--

"Who's more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan 'Ben' Kenobi

Dark Quotes--

"WHen death come's knockin', I go and answer the door." - Anonymous[/size]

Last edited:
Years
"2+Mirrored 2+.=fish!" Me
"3+Mirrored 3=8" Me
yeah I make stuff up like that all the time*shot*

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Rai and Esupio, please copy the list and add the quotes, please ^^; But thanks, Rai!

Funny Quotes--

"Is tuna really chicken?" - Jessica Simpson, after reading "Tuna, Chicken of the sea"
"2+2=banana." - Someone's MySpace
"Smacktard." - On a friend of Trent's MySpace
"You see, We have no friends. 'King' means 'lonely.' We have Peace, Love, and some other guys." - The King of All Cosmos (We Love Katamari)

Quotes With Meaning--

"Who's more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan 'Ben' Kenobi

Dark Quotes--

"When death come's knockin', I go and answer the door." - Anonymous

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
"A magician pulls rabbits out of hats. An experimental psychologist pulls habits out of rats."
~Anonymous

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Allstories said:
"A magician pulls rabbits out of hats. An experimental psychologist pulls habits out of rats."
~Anonymous
*points at rules* >(

Funny Quotes--

"A magician pulls rabbits out of hats. An experimental psychologist pulls habits out of rats." - Anonymous

"Is tuna really chicken?" - Jessica Simpson, after reading "Tuna, Chicken of the sea"
"You see, We have no friends. 'King' means 'lonely.' We have Peace, Love, and some other guys." - The King of All Cosmos (We Love Katamari)
"Ni!" - The Knight's that say 'Ni' (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Quotes With Meaning--

Dark Quotes--

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
Years
Funny Quotes--

"A magician pulls rabbits out of hats. An experimental psychologist pulls habits out of rats." - Anonymous
"You...you...SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT!" - Unknown

"Now, I bet you won't say it agian!" - Granddad from "The Boondocks".
"Your moniter is taunting me...." - Yuna-chan's Cousin.

Quotes With Meaning--

Dark Quotes--

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Agent9 said:
I don't know which Categories these were in so I didn't post the list. Merf.

Merf.-Signomi
We need our handy dandy....NOTEBOOK!-Steve from Blue's CLues.
hwuuuuuuuuuu-I-DOG
*cought*readtherules*cough*

Why won't anyone listen to me!?!?!?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 2, 2021
Funny Quotes--

Quotes With Meaning--

"If I knew where I was going I would already be there." - Billy Corgan
"You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one!" -Drizzt Do'Urden

Dark Quotes--

rofl, I love that Ambercrombie one.

Years
Funny Quotes--

"There's a lot of bullcrap in Rock and Roll, but some bullcrap is pretty cool" - Paul "Bono" Hewson

Quotes With Meaning--

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." - Antoine De Saint Exupery
"Patience is bitter but its fruit is sweet." - Unknown
"The less you know, the more you believe." - Paul "Bono" Hewson
"It's stasis that kills you off in the end, not ambition." - Paul "Bono" Hewson

Dark Quotes--

Years
Funny Quotes--

"There's a lot of bullcrap in Rock and Roll, but some bullcrap is pretty cool" - Paul "Bono" Hewson

(movie starts) "Okay, yes, let's see... Ah! "This man's panties..." Oh, no, wait a moment..."~Unknown person from Monty Python's Flying Circius

Quotes With Meaning--

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." - Antoine De Saint Exupery

Dark Quotes--

Sankari

...gone.
Years
Funny Quotes--

(movie starts) "Okay, yes, let's see... Ah! "This man's panties..." Oh, no, wait a moment..." - Unknown person from Monty Python's Flying Circius

Quotes With Meaning--

"Ones who follow trends only have one true talent: the ability to copy." - H. E. Wall

Dark Quotes--

Back