• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Hm. Igniscale, huh? Well, I like the rest of your starters. Especially Brelaphant. But Igniscale? Totally not a Charmander with armor. No siree. That there is one bona fide original fire starter. Never seen its like before. Yep.

...If you can't detect the sarcasm, then what I'm basically saying is that the fire starter is kind of disappointing. :/ Yep, I know you had trouble with it, but it's not too hard to come up with at least a semi-original animal to base it off of, right? If you're having that much trouble, I could give you some suggestions, OR you could hold a contest with your fans to see who can come up with the best concept for you to use. Eh? Sound all right?

Love how the game is coming, although I wish there was a bit more info in place of simple eyecandy. That's it though. ;D

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hm. Igniscale, huh? Well, I like the rest of your starters. Especially Brelaphant. But Igniscale? Totally not a Charmander with armor. No siree. That there is one bona fide original fire starter. Never seen its like before. Yep.

...If you can't detect the sarcasm, then what I'm basically saying is that the fire starter is kind of disappointing. :/ Yep, I know you had trouble with it, but it's not too hard to come up with at least a semi-original animal to base it off of, right? If you're having that much trouble, I could give you some suggestions, OR you could hold a contest with your fans to see who can come up with the best concept for you to use. Eh? Sound all right?

Love how the game is coming, although I wish there was a bit more info in place of simple eyecandy. That's it though. ;D

lol I actually couldn't detect the sarcasm for a second. XD I'm not overly pleased with it, but I do like the little guy... even if he's fairly reminiscent of Charmander.

I'm planning to share a bit more "info," or plot details as you would put them, soon. A hint: Professor Hawthorn's studies primarily concern ghosts, and she is related to an NPC from the Kanto region.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
lol I love how no one cares about my thread. Oh well, I'll keep plugging along for my own enjoyment, I guess, but I'm generally severely depressed, so sometimes I really don't feel like it. -_-

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Maybe have a supporter bar for the game?
So it can be advertised?
*cough I make them cough*

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
lol I'm just joking... I really don't care. :/

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
omgz thx 4 all teh supportz evry1

Sometimes I don't like the "Game" Dev. forum very much. :/

Years
I've had some experience designing, or at the very least honing others designs, of fan Pokemon. I can help you out if you want. Just talking. I like the direction you're taking with your own creations, especially since they match the feeling of some of my own.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I've had some experience designing, or at the very least honing others designs, of fan Pokemon. I can help you out if you want. Just talking. I like the direction you're taking with your own creations, especially since they match the feeling of some of my own.

Thank you. ;3 What I'd really like is more collaborators and opinions... otherwise, working on this project is kind of sad and unexciting. Do you wanna send me a PM? I'd love to take a look at your stuff, and maybe we can think up some stuff together. Who knows. XD

I'm spriting Igniscale right now and I've decided I like it. It's not my favorite of the three Starters, but I feel it fits with the other two, at least. And I think it's boyish enough... Considering the other two are pretty girly.

Years
Thank you. ;3 What I'd really like is more collaborators and opinions... otherwise, working on this project is kind of sad and unexciting. Do you wanna send me a PM? I'd love to take a look at your stuff, and maybe we can think up some stuff together. Who knows. XD

I'm spriting Igniscale right now and I've decided I like it. It's not my favorite of the three Starters, but I feel it fits with the other two, at least. And I think it's boyish enough... Considering the other two are pretty girly.
Yeah, sure. I'll do that right now.

I've been following this game for awhile, and I do like the direction it's taking. There's some rough patches, but nothing that can't be worked out over time.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
omgz thx 4 all teh supportz evry1

Sometimes I don't like the "Game" Dev. forum very much. :/

That seems to be a pretty common theme around these parts. If it's any consolation, I've been following progress and I think it's turning out quite nicely. I'd be more than happy to post more, if you're needing the encouragement; God knows I know what it's like to have your project ignored.

Like I've said before, the fan game development community needs to stick together a bit better than it is right now. Feedback is a great thing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021

I dont know if you want it. but I could help. What kinda stuff do you need help with?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
This game is very good! I'm enjoying it.
The maps, tiles, fakemons are very good! You did all Tiles and fakemons?
And also like the map of the region Minenn.
Good luck with your project.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
This game is very good! I'm enjoying it.
The maps, tiles, fakemons are very good! You did all Tiles and fakemons?
And also like the map of the region Minenn.
Good luck with your project.

Thanks. Yep, I did everything myself. :3

That seems to be a pretty common theme around these parts. If it's any consolation, I've been following progress and I think it's turning out quite nicely. I'd be more than happy to post more, if you're needing the encouragement; God knows I know what it's like to have your project ignored.

Like I've said before, the fan game development community needs to stick together a bit better than it is right now. Feedback is a great thing.

Thank you. I'm gonna try to support other people's projects too, a bit more. It just feels like this forum is kinda dead and filled with noobs, sometimes. XD

Here is the updated Pokémon data sheet, with Igniscale's sprite etc. (I corrected the numbers too, I think I numbered Brelaphant 003 last time :S)

PokemonData-1.png

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I rather like the sprites and move sets you've picked... But I'm not amazed with the base stats. It doesn't really matter too much, but their just multiples of five. The official games use a larger variety of numbers.

Thanks. :3 I know... I'm so picky about things being even... I had to do multiples of five. lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Looks great dude! I really Like igniscale! I think I know my starter choice for your game lol

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Looks great dude! I really Like igniscale! I think I know my starter choice for your game lol

Thanks! ^_^ I certainly felt the pressure to make a boyish Starter to balance out the other two. lol

Now that I've finally finished the Starters, I feel like I can actually make some good, fast progress on the game, because I can finish off certain beginning areas, and really get down to business. :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Thanks! ^_^ I certainly felt the pressure to make a boyish Starter to balance out the other two. lol

Now that I've finally finished the Starters, I feel like I can actually make some good, fast progress on the game, because I can finish off certain beginning areas, and really get down to business. :3
That is how malachites been lately. once I got alot of things I just really needed done, I've been able to map alot and do alot of eventing. so i'm expecting alot of great new things from you soon. by the way. do you have fakemon we've yet to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back