• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Game freezes after I beat Duplica and get out of her house
I saved beforehand and tried it again, same thing happened.
Well its not actually stuck, I can still hear the soundtrack and L,R [That Help thingy] still works, But nothing else.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
It would be nice if you could make a screen with episode (number) (name). that would make it a bit easier to play, and you can also know how far you are playing the game.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
But their going to make the gameplay way too easy
Both the fact that you wont have to train pokemon that much,
and the fact that their going to give too much EXP

besides, Hes making an anime hack as you said, And even tho you can rarely see 3rd evos in the series, As I recall, Not once in the first or second seasons, you can see a trainer capture a 3rd evo.

how about they dodge pokeballs like the ghost :D

edit: will the game work fine on the exact GBA hardware? (flashcard)

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
Years
Hi, first I would like to say that your hack is awesome.. :D
I have just started playing it today.. I'm currently at Pewter City. A weird thing had just happened.

I beat Brock in the first try with my Pikachu, but at the end, he said that I come back when my Pokemon become stronger. WTF. I am stronger than him! LOL.

I know it is part of the anime thingy. Anyways, what should I do? Sorry if this problem had been raised by someone before. Quite lazy to search through all the posts.. T_T

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
This hack is awesome. I started playing it a few days ago.
I just gave my Togepi to Misty, is there anything else I can do in BETA 2?
And when BETA 3 is released, do I have to start all over again or can I just put the ips of BETA 3 on my Fire red Who has already the ips of BETA 2?

Last edited:

TheDonMaister

This is not His World its Mine
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2011
This hack is awesome. I started playing it a few days ago.
I just gave my Togepi to Misty, is there anything else I can do in BETA 2?
And when BETA 3 is released, do I have to start all over again or can I just put the ips of BETA 3 on my Fire red Who has already the ips of BETA 2?

Yes your right this hack is awesome.
No you can't that is the end of the Beta.
And yes you can because.... well you just can! (and it will all be updated!)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Yes your right this hack is awesome.
No you can't that is the end of the Beta.
And yes you can because.... well you just can! (and it will all be updated!)
Thanks, but I still have one question, in the anime series, bulbasaur and squirtle didn't evolve, right? Why do they in the game?
Everytime they try to evolve i'm pressing B (X) so they stop evolving :p

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Hi, first I would like to say that your hack is awesome.. :D
I have just started playing it today.. I'm currently at Pewter City. A weird thing had just happened.

I beat Brock in the first try with my Pikachu, but at the end, he said that I come back when my Pokemon become stronger. WTF. I am stronger than him! LOL.

I know it is part of the anime thingy. Anyways, what should I do? Sorry if this problem had been raised by someone before. Quite lazy to search through all the posts.. T_T

Happened to me too :P
Go to the bottom right of pewter and there will be a house by the lake, get in and some guy gives you Light Ball [Yey!] Fight him again, This time he has Geodude too, But with the light ball i Took them out easily

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
hey metapod,
I have got a few tips for you
1 Why don't you put some everstone's in the beginning of the game so you can give them to bulbasaur and squirtle, because they didn't evolve in the anime series
2 In the anime series, when ash and his friends found the eevee of mikey, they give it back to him, but in the game you can't give it back. maybe you could put that in the game to.
3 In the anime series, when team rocket tries to capture dratini in the safari zone, they almost got it, but in the game you couldn't even seen it. you could maybe just put a picture of dratini in the water or something.
4 And this is not really a tip but after i played the game for a while, I had six bad eggs, but i didn't even go to a day care, and i didn't use cheats. Why did I got so many bad eggs

I hope you can do something with this
(sorry for the bad english, i'm not english)

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Hey. I was reading a discussion above about making evolution wild Pokémon. It's a good point that they will be too good exp. So you can just turn down the base XP in YAPE. Problem solved.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
hey metapod,
I have got a few tips for you
1 Why don't you put some everstone's in the beginning of the game so you can give them to bulbasaur and squirtle, because they didn't evolve in the anime series
2 In the anime series, when ash and his friends found the eevee of mikey, they give it back to him, but in the game you can't give it back. maybe you could put that in the game to.
3 In the anime series, when team rocket tries to capture dratini in the safari zone, they almost got it, but in the game you couldn't even seen it. you could maybe just put a picture of dratini in the water or something.
4 And this is not really a tip but after i played the game for a while, I had six bad eggs, but i didn't even go to a day care, and i didn't use cheats. Why did I got so many bad eggs

I hope you can do something with this
(sorry for the bad english, i'm not english)

ever stone part sounds a bit sloppy.. he can just insert a bulbasuar and squirtle into the place holders, make them exactly like how they'd normally be, but they never evolve

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2011
Beta 3?!!?

Metapod 23this is brilliant. I would like to ask if you could make brock and misty follow you, aslo it is very hard to raise your pokemon on this game. I find myself battling wild opponents for hours just trying to get my pokemon (Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur) to adequate levels, I think either the pokemon should be on heigher levels when you catch them or it should be more trainers. I would also like to see more rare candies too, i love this game soooo much and would pay to play it, also when u evolve Pikachu why does it change sexes. Also back to the pokemon levels statement i made above, Ash uses those pokemon, but then again he never trained to hard. a little more interaction when pokemon are supposed to evolve I.e. Charmander VS the eggectuor. also I like the everstone idea, but can it be a way of making bulbasaur and squirtle stronger?

PS when is BETA 3 coming out??!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The orange islands would be great tracey ash and misty, and if lapras is in there can its level be 45? also the pokemon league are u gonna let ash loose and everything be okay? Also can Pikachu follow you??!!! it be great. If the orange islands and parts of Jhoto are included I would buy this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already would now

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Metapod 23this is brilliant. I would like to ask if you could make brock and misty follow you, aslo it is very hard to raise your pokemon on this game. I find myself battling wild opponents for hours just trying to get my pokemon (Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur) to adequate levels, I think either the pokemon should be on heigher levels when you catch them or it should be more trainers. I would also like to see more rare candies too, i love this game soooo much and would pay to play it, also when u evolve Pikachu why does it change sexes. Also back to the pokemon levels statement i made above, Ash uses those pokemon, but then again he never trained to hard. a little more interaction when pokemon are supposed to evolve I.e. Charmander VS the eggectuor. also I like the everstone idea, but can it be a way of making bulbasaur and squirtle stronger?

PS when is BETA 3 coming out??!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The orange islands would be great tracey ash and misty, and if lapras is in there can its level be 45? also the pokemon league are u gonna let ash loose and everything be okay? Also can Pikachu follow you??!!! it be great. If the orange islands and parts of Jhoto are included I would buy this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already would now

how about my idea above...he can just make a custom bulbasuar and squirtle, make them never evolve and have stronger stats, insert them into placeholders. but this is his hack so he can do what he wants

and why no following?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thank you for all the comments. I'm still working on updating the previous episodes. I'm working on Celadon City now. Here's a video of the new "Primeape Goes Bananas" event:

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
If you haven't figured out what you're going to do for the following question, that is all right. For the Orange Islands part of the hack, are you going to include the events at the gyms that Ash did before his battles? For example, the wave race.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
this is a very minor glitch, but after you wake up from sleep, the TV'S in your house will freeze the game if with try to check them

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
humm...

mmm... I don't like this hackrom, because the palettes aren't changed, the tree tiles are horribles, and I dont' like the house. i suggest you to use revamped tiles or 3d style... and use trees with 5/6 green palettes and 2/3 brown palettes. you can do better ^^

Back