• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Skyrim

Years
Anyone play it? What is your current character mine is

Race:nord
Name: I forget
Armor: at the moment steel but I am trying to upgrade to elvish
Weapons: Steel sword, steel war axe, orcish bow, and a steel shield
Magic: don't use it
Level: 9

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I love skyrim, here are some stats of my current character:

Ra'iba the Khajiit
Lvl 14
Mainly specializes in sneaking and archery, but switches to fighting with fists or magic when caught.
Usually walks around wearing mages clothes and dwarven gauntlets, but will switch to full dwarven armor when found.

Currently working on: raising heavy armor skill to get the perk that will add your gauntlets' defense to your punching damage.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I used to play Skyrim a lot on my PC, but then I stopped after I beat the game and finished all of the guild questlines because I got bored. Even with all the mods I have on it, it just isn't as fun as Oblivion in my opinion. On the PS3 I got platinum, and I gave the game back to my friend afterwards.

I used the same male Argonian with the same exact features on both the PC and PS3 and named him Reki. Just because that was my original name for my Argonian in Oblivion.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I rented the game a few days after it released, and it peaked my curiosity because all my friends were playing it. xD I was playing as a Khajiit and only reached level 20. I'd go ahead and pick up the game again, because it was extremely fun and it's got some action. It's also friendly because I haven't played the previous games, so this was a good start for me. xD

Sir Codin

Bout time PS3 owners got their DLC. Not like I care since I'm PC, but still, good to know they're now getting what they wanted.

Now I no longer need to boycott the upcoming DLC.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Skyran? Never heard of it, let alone played it.

ohohohohohohoho_zpse0adecb5.png

Not even a little bit.

Sir Codin

Skyran? Never heard of it, let alone played it.

Spoiler:

Not even a little bit.
Oh, well look at you, waving your hard drive around.

Anyway, I already beat the main quest, Dawnguard, and built my house in Hearthfire to near completion (not that I need to, mods have given me plenty of places to store all my crap).

CarcharOdin
Nord
Battlemage/Mage (I started out doing battlemage, but somehow forwent the armor, bound sword [except to soul trap] and shield and just plain became a mage)
Specialize in Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration, and Heavy Armor, amongst other skills.
Level 48 I think I was before my laptop got busted (it's fixed and I'm getting it back tomorrow. Yay)

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
PC Master Race all the way, I also need to start playing again - as you can see it's been a while, since all of my mods are out of date - I was last playing an Imperial Jack of All Trades guy.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Too bad there aren't any mods for the PS3 T_T, Maybe I should get the pc version as well...

Leveling both sneak and heavy armor simultaneously isn't the best thing to do XD...

Btw, what difficulty do you guys play on? I find adept hard enough, tried playing on expert, but that was a bit too much for me.

Years
I love Skyrim; one of the best games out there right now.

I love playing a sneaky Khajiit equipping a bow or using magicka. I've forgotten what level I am now, but I do know that I'm the Arch-Mage in the College of Winterhold.

I love almost every aspect of Skyrim. The detail is beautiful, especially when your graphics card is able to run the game on high quality, magnificent scenery. There is plenty of variety in the game, and you play the game how you want to play it. So many skills and attributes you can commit to and have your own, unique character. This is well topped-off by the fact that it is a free roam game where you can go off and do whatever you desire; avoiding the main quest. When you roam, you find a lot of fun things to do, and a whole bunch of areas that are a joy to venture.

The PC is the best platform for the game simply because you can add mods, any mod you want. This ranges from adding gigantic houses to lingerie shops.

Pleiades

I am the Dragonairborn!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Name: Avalon
Race: Bosmer
Armor: Steel plate armor of destruction, Elven Bracers of Alchemy, Dwarven Boots of Strength, Shield of Solitude, Novice Hood
Weapons: Shield of Solitude, Dawnbreaker (Only for fighting undead), Ebony Sword
Magic: I rarely use it, but I'm practicing using Soul Trap, and I love using shouts.
Married: Onmund
House(s): Honeyside, saving up for Proudspire Manor

Zet

Years
PS3 will be getting Dragonborn on Feb 12th, followed by heathfire on Feb 19th, and on Feb 26th Dawnguard will be released.

I think they're only releasing them one week apart so nothing bad happens when releasing them all at once. Also they will be sold 50% off to make up for the delay.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
PS3 will be getting Dragonborn on Feb 12th, followed by heathfire on Feb 19th, and on Feb 26th Dawnguard will be released.

I think they're only releasing them one week apart so nothing bad happens when releasing them all at once. Also they will be sold 50% off to make up for the delay.

It's only for a week though isn't it? Not really the best way to make up for years of screwing a decent chunk of your customers over, but it's much better than them going full Bioware and blaming everyone else for their faults.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Currently downloading Dragonborn for PC now. Haven't been playing Skyrim now after my 400+ hours of it over the year. Modded it to the max and did almost everything I could. So very happy to jump onto this DLC later on. Pity the modding community died out massively though, in recent months. It'll hopefully pick up again after this DLC.

Sir Codin

I downloaded Dragonborn at around noon, but I've got an exam to study for, so no Skyrim for a couple of days.

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Recently started a new character inspired by DotA's Dragon Knight, since I realised I could really make that work in Skyrim (and I'd never yet been a straight-up fighter despite finding it the most fun playstyle in the game) so I may as well post here. The skills I'm perking are one-handed, block, heavy armour, enchanting, and smithing, with some low-priority investment into speech.

If you're not familiar, some of the Dragon Knight's most immediately noticeable traits are having high values of both armour and passive HP regeneration, making him extremely survivable; so I thought for a singleplayer game like Skyrim that building a character in the same way would probably pay off as one of my complaints has always been my apparent lack of durability, particularly versus multiple opponents and during sustained combat. I'm interested to see how strong I end up becoming, and how I will compensate for my weaknesses (such as to burst damage).

Race: Breton, for the magic resistance, since that's the most immediate problem a physical character faces. Casting wards would be out of character and I have no magicka to do that anyway.
Name: Davion, of course!
Armor: The best I can find; aiming for steel plate for a more noble appearance than the likes of Daedric would offer, and because it's easy to make and upgrade and barely any less effective, practically.
Weapons: The best one-hand sword I can find and nothing else. I would ultimately like to create a health-absorbing dragonbone sword, because it seems the maximum passive regeneration I can potentially achieve through enchanting still won't be enough for me.
Magic: Besides an assload of vitality-boosting enchantments, Fire Breath and more Fire Breath.
Level: I don't think it matters since this number is liable to change. I'm aiming for 60 though; most of the contribution toward my later levels will be through trainers, I imagine.

Leveling both sneak and heavy armor simultaneously isn't the best thing to do XD...

Btw, what difficulty do you guys play on? I find adept hard enough, tried playing on expert, but that was a bit too much for me.
It works out very well if you can use muffle (illusion spell or enchantment).

Adept. I've always found moderate difficulties to be adequate in all games, and I've been content to stay at that level since it feels normal instead of artificially skewed, as most games simply modify stats and the like rather than actually have better AI.

Last edited:
Back