• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkp

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I wanna put the pokemon in another point of pokedex, because it will be a leggendary one...so i cannot replace castform

Castform's form depends on Forecast, his ability. I don't know the ability's code, but it may be that it itself refers the sprites/pallets of Castform's other forms directly. If that's the case, unless you want your weather pokemon turning into castform, you'll need to add another ability (which may require repointing the entire ability table), and change the ability to refer to your sprites accordingly. If not that, then at the very least you'll have to refer to whatever the ability is pointing to when it tells the game to change castform's form, and insert your pokémon's forms (which there may or may not be room for) accordingly.This is an incredible amount of work and is extremely complicated. You may have to give up on the idea.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Castform's form depends on Forecast, his ability. I don't know the ability's code, but it may be that it itself refers the sprites/pallets of Castform's other forms directly. If that's the case, unless you want your weather pokemon turning into castform, you'll need to add another ability (which may require repointing the entire ability table), and change the ability to refer to your sprites accordingly. If not that, then at the very least you'll have to refer to whatever the ability is pointing to when it tells the game to change castform's form, and insert your pokémon's forms (which there may or may not be room for) accordingly.This is an incredible amount of work and is extremely complicated. You may have to give up on the idea.

Actually, maybe not. Forecast could just call the loading of other frames. Because 2nd+ frames don't have different palettes (but this one does) so the will show up differently in an image editor because their palettes have a separate table.

Ideally, if the ability does just load different frames, it could be used on multiple pokemon. Also, there is a pokedex order editor in Gamer2020's Pokemon Game Editor, so you could replace castform and shift it around.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Here's one:
This is definitely the right place to ask questions.

There are a few different choices. You could edit that sound to be nothing. You could nop the call which plays the sound. Or, you could turn your volume off:p.

If you know where the routine/script is which plays the sound, the second choice is the easiest. If not, then the next best option is to read up on music editing, find the sound in Sappy, and replace it with a blank track.

And look in the tutorials section. You may find something about hacking sounds there.

karatekid552

Years
Here's one:

And look in the tutorials section. You may find something about hacking sounds there.

He just wanted to play the song, not hack it.

Is there simple explanation of how the "math" is stored in the games? Or at least offsets pointing thereto? Basically a starting point if someone wanted to change the formulae for capturing or exp gain or PID generation - it would be nice to have a gen-III shiny charm, for example.

Jambo51 changed the exp formula to match B/W's (he isn't releasing it btw, so don't bug him) so it is possible. Easy? Probably not. It will require a knowledge of ASM, so don't think it will be that simple. Now, I am fairly certain that there is not table for all of these, however, they will be called by the routine which uses them. So, if you know where they are being called, you could find the pointer and then edit and branch it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
I have a question, is there is way to creat a new section in advanced map, ive tried to before but it add its to lets says i want the four island tileset, and i create a new map, it just opens a bank section in it, and if i try to re name that one section, it renames the entire four island part.

And how would i add better new tilesets, like this person did, they added a new house set, ive tried before but doesnt work for me.

1986pokemonemeraldversiw.png
1986pokemonemeraldversio.png
POKEMONEXPLORERSOFSKY_03-4.png
1986pokemonemeraldversip.png

Please help, D:

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
I have a question, is there is way to creat a new section in advanced map, ive tried to before but it add its to lets says i want the four island tileset, and i create a new map, it just opens a bank section in it, and if i try to re name that one section, it renames the entire four island part.

And how would i add better new tilesets, like this person did, they added a new house set, ive tried before but doesnt work for me.

1986pokemonemeraldversiw.png
1986pokemonemeraldversio.png
POKEMONEXPLORERSOFSKY_03-4.png
1986pokemonemeraldversip.png

Please help, D:

I have already sent you everything I know about adding new tilesets. You also have to have tiles you want to insert already to do them.

For the names, you can't. There is a limitation on them that has not been discovered yet, and therefore, we can't create more. This is the reason why the "create new name" button in A-map is blanked out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Okay i know how script and all that but for some reason if i write a simple sign script and put it in, it just doesnt work. Im using XSE as my script editor but i dont know whats wrong.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Okay i know how script and all that but for some reason if i write a simple sign script and put it in, it just doesnt work. Im using XSE as my script editor but i dont know whats wrong.

If that's the case then you're probably using an outdated version of XSE. If you haven't got XSE 1.1.1 then download it from this link.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
For the names, you can't. There is a limitation on them that has not been discovered yet, and therefore, we can't create more. This is the reason why the "create new name" button in A-map is blanked out.

There is a considerable number of map names that are unused...

Ill give a list and tell you how to "Make More"

(this example is based in FireRed, I cannot speak for other games, but its likely a similar situation...)
Spoiler:

You can insert any new maps you would like and (using the drop down box) select any of the 12-13 names I have noted above. Then type your new name in the box beside the drop down menu and change its name without hurting the game at all.

If you need "More" names, try getting creative... rename MONEAN CHAMBER, LIPTOO CHAMBER, WEEPTH CHAMBER, DILFORD CHAMBER, SCUFIB CHAMBR, RIXY CHAMBER, and VIAPOIS CHAMBER all TANOBY CHAMBERS, this would use 1 unused name but clear out 7 used names... reworking the naming system is not too hard... but does have its limitations.

You may also try changing THREE ISLE PORT and THREE ISLE PATH to THREE ISLAND then you can reuse those 2 names, this also goes for TANOBY KEY being changed to SEVAULT CANYON but I would change it to "do not show name [00]" this way the NPCs outside that talk about TANOBY KEY still give the player the name, but you can reuse this space... (see creative)

NOTE: just be sure to select the correct ROUTE 4, ROUTE 10, UNDERGROUND PATH and TRAINER TOWER because renaming the wrong one will mess with the ones that use that name (these 4 names are placed twice on the list, ALL instances of them being used in the game use the FIRST listing... the second listing is technically unused)

Note to self: this should probably be a tutorial, its a question asked alot and I have yet to see anyone talk about how many unused names there really are... maybe ill get around to it one day (screenshots and all ;) )

Last edited:

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Hello everyone I want to know how to make the background of the text in pokemon fire red transparent, eliminating the white part below the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back