• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Did you use the Master Ball?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used my Master Ball on Zekrom. He was such a pain to capture and I only had like 5 Ultra balls, 1 Pokeball & 2 Great Balls. I didn't wanna keep on resetting every time I didn't catch it when all 8 of them were gone. So I just used the Master Ball on it.

Years
I used my Master Ball on Reshiram in black, but then I transferred a master ball from B2 into Black (via a trade) and caught Kyurem in Black

digitalrenegade

burn this world
Years
On the original Black, I'll be honest, I just used it on Reshiram because I didn't feel like weakening it and putting it to sleep and such :/. On White 2 I used it on Latias in the dreamyard, because that was my last legendary to catch.

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
Years
I save it for shiny encounters, or I will give it to a pokemon to make it's trade value go up on the GTS because people will want the ball.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I haven't used my master ball on white. I managed to get Zekrom the first time after 2 ultra balls. Had to catch him a second time because I thought I could SR after beating N and it would be ok.. Guess not XD but even then, Zekrom only took 3 ultra balls then x]

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
I have 3 sitting in my bag thanks to the Raffle Shop and I haven't thrown a single one out yet. Like most people, I'm keeping it for a shiny legend or a shiny pokemon that can get itself away from battle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I didn't use my Master Ball in BW1, because there was no real need to and there were not really any legendaries in BW where there was needed to use a Master Ball IMO. Going back to Heart Gold or Sapphire there were pesky roaming Pokemon I used a Master Ball on cause they could flee and annoyed me.

Years
I used it on Zekrom because I was impatient about finishing the game. It would be better if they had the mascot encounters well after the E4

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I had caught all the legendaries in White2 and ran into a dragonite while trying to fill my pokedex. I got excited (it's one of my favorites) and just decided to chuck one of my masterballs at it.

I still have one, I was going to save it for the Shiny Haxorous... but I caught that with a single quick ball at the start of battle.

Don't know what to do with it now!

.::Shivam::.

A big Unova fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 21, 2013
I did used my Master Ball. I mean that's what it's made for. I used it on Kyurem in both games, B/W1 and B/W2.

Years
A few days ago i used my master ball, because i release the roaming pokemon (thundurus) and when i was training my pokes for the last gym, the thundurus appear in front, and then i take a quick decision... i throw my master ball to captured it.

so now i don't have master ball XD

Years
I generally only use it for roamers, at least I used to. I prefer to catch things in balls that match their color scheme (Premiere Ball for Reshiram, Luxury Ball for Zekrom, etc.) even if it takes longer to catch them that way.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have held onto it for the time being. Haven't had to use it yet to catch anything as I've managed the hard way, so to speak.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
To be honest, I had no idea the masterball had to be used on the legendary until Pokemon HS. In platinum, I carelessly used it on a Tentacruel. My brother banned me from using the master ball from that day onwards.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I used my master ball on my awesome Reshi ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
i'm proud if i catch all of pokemon just using pokeball, even it's legendary. so i'll never use masterball even i have a lot of them.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
i used it on kyurem but got another one from the guy who evaluates you for you number of trades you've done over gts and havent used it. not planning to either.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Back on the original Black, I wasn't bothered obtaining a Pokemon with Mean Look and I certainly didn't want to exhaust my supply of Quick Balls, so I used my Master Ball on Tornadus. I haven't gotten my Master Ball in Black 2 yet, which shows how up-to-date I've kept that >_>

Back