• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Did you use the Master Ball?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
No, I didn't used the Master Ball until now in my White version. I caught Zekrom by just using a Great Ball! Woohoooo! :3

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I ended up using it on kyurem after throwing way too many ultra balls at it. u_u; I got tired of trying to catch it after a while.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
At first I used my Master ball on Zekrom and a Dusk Ball on Kyurem in my Pokemon White. Once I got Black 2, I decided to try my luck and say, "why not." And now to this day, I have a Zekrom that was caught with a quick ball :D

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
At first I used my Master ball on Zekrom and a Dusk Ball on Kyurem in my Pokemon White. Once I got Black 2, I decided to try my luck and say, "why not." And now to this day, I have a Zekrom that was caught with a quick ball :D

I caught Zekrom with a Quick Ball in Black 2 too! :D

I used the Master Ball on Thundurus in Pokemon White, because I got annoyed of it running. As of now, I have not used either of the 2 Master Balls on any Pokemon in Black 2, and since I already caught every Pokemon there is so far, I don't see myself using them anytime soon. xD

Dalekhater

Cool Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
I did not use a Masterball since I think they're kinda cheap.
I do think it's cool that you can potentially get two in B/W2 though.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Nope, I don't even use Master Balls anymore. I just hoard them thinking there'll be 'that one' who I'll use it on like in RBY everyone used it on Mewtwo, but because there are so many damn legendaries now I just save it lol.

Years
I know in black I used it on Kyurem, but I have not used it in black 2. I'm saving it for a rainy day purpose, although I have no idea what that could be. :P

Years
I can't remember what I used it on in White, but probably one of the Genies. I struggle to believe the amount of people that used it on Zekrom & Reshiram, no offence but it's common practice not to use it on stationary legendaries and their catchrates are so high.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am actually note sure O_o I should go check because I don't remember. But I probably used it on a legendary pokemon.

Years
I haven't used masterballs at all this gen. I hate the way they look when used, and I think they're cooler to keep as a trophy. :p

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I used the master ball on Kyrum to get an adamant nature so i could utilize Kyrum-B. Totally worth it though.

Years
I used one of my Master Balls on the Shiny Haxorus. :3
I have no idea what to use the other one on.

(As a side note, my friend caught a Skitty in a Master Ball and transferred it to me o_O (since it's White-exclusive and I own Black 2))

Years
I used mine on one of the roaming legends... believe it was Tornadus, but it might've been Thundurus. Those roaming ones drive me nuts so I just save my Master Ball for them. xD;

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Wasted one Master Ball on Dragonite as I JUST could not afford to lose it, due to it being the "1%" in Generation 5. Also due to the fact that I wasted all my Rare Candies and didn't bother to train Dragonair...

I'm going to waste my other one on a Metagross, if I do find one in the rustling grass :P

All the legendaries I have currently were caught with either Ultra Balls or Dusk Balls, nothing else...

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I hate using the Master Ball unless absolutely necessary, because knowing my luck, if I use it on a whim I'll need it later. So no, I have yet to use my Master Ball on any of my Generation 5 games.

Back