• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Adventure of Unpredictability!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
Intros

There is ONE spot open, for the wildcard! If you want to sign up, then submit an SU with two pokemon - your starter and one pokemon you could have caught by now. This way, you can start RPing and Pewter City.

This is my first role-play so tell me if you think you see any way it could be made better. I thought that it might be interesting to do something a bit more than 'Trainer oversleeps, gets awesome Pokémon, owns everyone he finds and wins the league' because, ya know, that's a bit dull.

Plot

This is a journey

So, you're asking, what is the plot of this completely different RP? Well, it's pretty much: 'Trainer oversleeps, gets awesome Pokémon, owns everyone he finds and wins the league' Confused? Well, if you've hung around the RP section for more than a few seconds, you'll probably have noticed that there are a lot of RPs that are nothing more than this. So, the purpose of this RP is, quite simply, to make fun of them. That's right – it's a parody! This RP will basically be a journey, starting from the town of Pallet (Professor Oak's lab, to be precise) and ending at the Indigo Plateau (if the RP lasts that far XD). Along the way, there will be eight gyms to destroy and several appearances by the ever-useless Team Rocket, including the trio of Jesse, James, and Meowth! Team Rocket (for those who don't know) are simply a very large criminal organization who want to rule the world, for some unknown reason (that will never be known). Don't worry about them though – as they're only a world-wide criminal organization, they prefer to battle with Zubat rather than lead pipes or anything similar.

Rules

• Legendaries are completely allowed, all the time.
  • Try not to bunny/godmod. This is one thing I don't want to parody, at least without permission.
  • Stay active. Same as above. Let me know if you have to leave, permanently or temporarily.
  • Shiny pokemon can be caught pretty much whenever you want.
  • I'd rather you don't parody the grammar or spelling, because that can actually make your posts less fun to read.
  • I'm Gamemaster, not a roleplayer.
  • To confirm you've read the rules, link to this on your characters name.

Name: You can just put 'Gary-Stu' if you really want, but please try to be original.
Appearance: Is your character perfectly formed, with beautiful curves and luscious curly hair? Or are they hideous, with a scarred face? To be honest, they're probably not somewhere in between. 1 paragraph minimum.
Personality: Perfect in every way or psychotic sociopath? 1 paragraph minimum.
History: Go on, tell us about how your character ran away from home and wasn't emotionally scarred, but actually strengthened by the experience. 1 paragraph minimum.
Starter Choice: See below.

Starters

Eevee

Level – 5
Type – Normal
Ability – Run Away
Moves – Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand
Nature – Specify in SU
Gender – Specify in SU

Dratini

Level – 5
Type – Normal
Ability – Shed Skin
Moves – Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave
Nature – Specify in SU
Gender – Specify in SU

Riolu

Level – 5
Type – Normal
Ability – Inner Focus
Moves – Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure
Nature – Specify in SU
Gender – Specify in SU

And ONE wildcard.

4 Starters = Maximum of 4 Role-players.

Last edited:

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
NAME-bob marshmallow junior(goes by the name junior)
GENDER-male
AGE-11
APPEARENCE-junior was very small for his age.When he was younger he had fallen out of his dads fishing boat and been hit by a school of goldeen who were not very happy and of course the biggest one had jabbed his horn in to the side of his leg leaving him with a life long scar and a limp.When at school he had always gotten straight A's but when a new kid arrived and tried to bullie him because of his ginger hair,limp and straight A's.........well lets say juniors karate came in usefull.The bullies parents soon transferred him to Norway.So to sum up a smart,small(very small) ginger limping boy from sinnoh.
PERSONALITY-junior was shy but fierce.He never showed his fiersness in any way unless he fellt he was in danger(a bit like a pokemon).He knew karate wich came in handy.Junior never liked to answer questions even thoe he knew all the answers but when it came to pokemon he never qwite knew he just never could ever pick up learning about pokemon so thats the reason he would like to set about a journey.

HIstory-Ever since his boat accident Junior has always wanted to set out on a journey.He never could learn pokemon so for that reason he wanted to know every everything about pokemon.He lives with his dad.his mom died at child birth and for that reason he was an only child.He never asked his dad about his mom because whenever he did his dad was reduced to tears.he lived in a small apartmen on cinnibar island this was because his dads Magikarp pets shop was in the middle of cinnibar islansd.
Starter-dratini pleas but if not could i have a wildcard swinub thanks

I think this is the bit you copy-

Rules
· Legendaries are completely allowed, all the time.
· Try not to bunny/godmod. This is one thing I don't want to parody, at least without permission.
· Stay active. Same as above. Let me know if you have to leave, permanently or temporarily.
· Shiny pokemon can be caught pretty much whenever you want.
· I'd rather you don't parody the grammar or spelling, because that can actually make your posts less fun to read.
· I'm Gamemaster, not a roleplayer.
· To confirm you've read the rules, link to this on your characters name.

link to this on your characters name.

Is this the right bit cause im scottish and i dont really understand.

Last edited:

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years

Name: Yuki (...Its Japanese)
Appearance: Yuki has a full head of perfectly styled blonde hair, this is strange for somebody Japanese but of course Yuki isn't actually Japanese. When he was born, his parents instantly saw how great he would be and gave him an appropriate name for his greatness. You see Yuki means 'the great one' in Japanese... but I digress. Now, of course Yuki looks great in anything, but for his adventure he settled on wearing a pair of ocean blue jeans with a jet black t-shirt, which was underneath a very stylish blue jacket. On top of this, he chose a hat with a corporate logo that perfectly shows off his individuality.
Personality: Yuki has had the perfect upbringing, and been given everything he has ever wanted by his wealthy parents. He is a talented sportsman and is top of his class in everything. He is friends with everyone, of course they joke that Yuki is 'arrogant' and 'conceited'... but they love him really. The main reason they love Yuki so much is that, despite all of his skills and his dashing good looks, he retains a strong sense of modesty. He doesn't rub it in his class mates faces that he is so far superior to them, and of course his class mates are eternally gratefully that he spares them this humiliation.
History: Yuki is considered (by himself)as a stand out citizen. It goes without saying that Yuki feels obliged to help those less fortunate than himself. This has led to Yuki donating large amounts of his parent's money to charity. I fact when he was just ten years old he managed to stop a Team Rocket plan to steal some of Professor Oak's pokémon. How did he do this you ask? Well if you don't know that all ready the there's really no hope for you...
Starter Choice: I believe that a naive female Eevee would be the perfect partner for Yuki.

Last edited:

killer-g

S to the o
Years
Is this one of those rp's where you can level pokemon up and catch pokemon and keep leveling them if so awsome

Name: Sergio Santos

Appearance: Sergio is a boy with black curly hair he has brown eyes and has a brown skin coulour he is chubby and if he could be even nerdier he would wear glasses which he doesn't he wears a green shirt a pair of jeans and some super new running shoes.

Personality: He is shy amongst boys but if he is around girls he has smooth lips and gets them to date him if he knows people for a longer time he will be himself and laugh and tells jokes all the time. He is still scared in the dark and can only be forced in a cave by saying that there will be a cake if he goes through the cave :p

History: Sergio's parents divorced when he was just 1 year old they were always fighting with each other but his father left Sergio a pokeball with a pokemon inside just in case and he promised his dad to open the pokeball only when he went out on his pokemon adventure and to become pokemon master!!! His dad never told him what was in the pokeball and Sergio did not want to open his pokeball. When Sergio turned 12 he finished pokemon school and was allowed to go on his pokemon journey but his over caring mother did not let him go now that he is 13 he finally is allowed to go on his journey and see what pokemon is inside the pokeball.

Starter Choice: dratini if not riolu

Rules

Legendaries are completely allowed, all the time.
Try not to bunny/godmod. This is one thing I don't want to parody, at least without permission.
Stay active. Same as above. Let me know if you have to leave, permanently or temporarily.
Shiny pokemon can be caught pretty much whenever you want.
I'd rather you don't parody the grammar or spelling, because that can actually make your posts less fun to read.
I'm Gamemaster, not a roleplayer.
To confirm you've read the rules, link to this on your characters name.

I don't know how to link it but I will wrap it so you'll see that I have read it

HTML:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
( Here we go )

Name: Harry

Appearance: Harry is an average height for his age standing at 5ft 2in. He has medium short jet black hair. He often wears either a White, Grey or even a Black jacket, his Three favourite colours. He is always seen wearing either Black or Navy Blue tracksuit bottoms. He also loves comfy ring neck shirts of any colour. He likes to wear shoes or trainers that are around a half size or a size too big so they are comfy for him, all the shoes and trainers he has are random colours. For his formal wear he likes to wear his baggy jeans with a smart slick jet black belt that was passed on to him when his Father sadly dissapeared whilst living in Saffron City. On the top half of his body he wears a bright white smart three button shirt with a smart suitish like jacket on top that is also jet black.

Personality: Harry is a very energetic child who is always enteraining his friends and family with his charm, good humour and wit. He is always seemingly getting in trouble whether on his own or with his friends. He is very smart and when he gets into tight spots, which is very often, he uses he superior brain power to get out of them. In the past Six years when he has been living with his Grandparents he hasn't quite had the awe inspiring upbringing most children have. So he has a tendency to go a bit mental.

History: Harry was born in Saffron City but moved to Pallet town at the age of ten. He's always hoped of going back to Saffron and defeating his close friend Sabrina. In the three years he's spent at Pallet Town he's seen many Trainers leave on their journey's and that's just made him more stubborn to complete his goal. When he was just 3 his mother died giving birth to his younger sister. So for four years his Father had been supporting and looking after him and his sibling. But just a few days after he turned Seven his father sadly disappeared. He hasn't yet given up hope at finding him dead or alive.

Starter Choice: Can I have a wildcard Gligar please. A male would be nice. Don't really mind what nature so I suppose it's your choice.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Sounds like the show so, are IC characters aloud, if they are we really don't need a bio for a IC do we

Last edited:

Years
Elite Champion - Pending. Read the rules carefully for the 'password'

Slls81 - Accepted. This is a brilliant signup! A naive female Eevee is all yours!

Serginho - Pending 'Password' please! and yes, this is sort of one of those RPs. The purpose is more to mock those RPs. ;)

Bemerton Boy - Pending Just a tiny bit more detail please.

Everyone has until the end of Wednesday to update signups.

Konekodemon, do you mean an original canon character (Ash, Brock, etc.)? If so, I'm afraid I'd rather you didn't simply sign up as one of those, though you're perfectly free to make your own character who is completely different from one of them (nudge nudge, wink wink). However, we have 4 SUs so far so I'm afraid that unless someone drops out, this RP is full.

Years
Okay, Bemertonboy, Elite Champion and Serginho are all Accepted! Hooray! ON THE CONDITION (specifically to Elite Champion and Serginho) that you are careful with spelling and grammar. There are plenty of programs on the net for checking.

The roleplay should hopefully start soon, and I think that's all I have to say. See you soon ;)

Sorry, one small thing I forgot to mention in the rules. This will be PG-13 so only minor violence/swearing etc. and please, only when actually necessary

Last edited:

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
sorry but cause im scottish we kinda spell stuff different over here.But it was a good sign up though?

Years
@Elite Champion - Yeah, it was good. Junior is small… XD who would've thought it?

@PokemonknowitallVanessa - sorry, all the spots are gone :S I'll let you know if anyone drops out, though.

Chapter 1

So this is a fairly simple chapter, most likely one post but two if absolutely necessary. You just describe waking up, eating bacon for breakfast and going to get an incredibly rare Pokémon for free from Professor Oak. Well, why not? You are perfect, after all. After receiving your first Pokémon and maybe conversing a little with Prof. Oak about how you're going to win the league (because he's never heard that before…), your character can make his way to the start of route one and there your post ends. Hurrah – you've started your journey!

The OOC thread will be up soon, so questions and comments can go there.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
Junior woke up feeling really tired....well that was until he remembered what day it was SUNDAY The weekend and the day he went to Prof Oaks to get himself a perfect starting journey pokemon....EEVEE.The miute junior remembered about his grand day he sprung up out of bed and bolted down the stairs through to the kitchen.
"Morning sprout" his dad said in an exciting voice while passing him a plate full of sq sausage (square sausage).Junior scoffed it all down and drank the rest of his IRN-BRU.For his small size Junior had always been able to eat a bunch of food and not get fat.His dad came over to the table with a crummbled piece of paper in his hand saying MANNERS AND POLITNESS."Right sone lets go over the rules"but before his dad could could start junior ripped the paper in 2 and flung it away."For the 1000 time i know what to do he picked up his bag and walked over to the door."Son be carefull today don't let eevee out of your sight and watch yourselve your the only one i've got left.Junior gave his dad one last goodbye and left the house with his bag over his shoulder.His journey had just begun

Logan

Years
Chapter 1
" Oh, Harry look at this you've overslept ". Harry's Granmother shouted up the stairs.

" WHAT. B-but i'm supposed to be getting my first Pokemon from Professor Oak at Nine O'clock, what time is it now ? "

" Um, your not going to like it but it's sort of half past ".

" Huh half past Eight ".

" No it's er half past Nine ".

" Oh for God's sake I better get ready quickly and hope he's still got some Pokemon left for me ".

Harry then preceeded in getting ready. He quickly chucked on his regular comfy casual clothes and his favourite trainers. He ran down the stairs and was about to go out the door when his Grandfather said to him.

" Your not going out until you get some food down your throat ".

" Oh ok Pa ". Harry then shoveled down a piece of toast, and with a mouthful he said " Happy Now ". But it sounded alot more like " Haopy New ".

" Yeah okay kid be on your way ".

Harry then ran out the door with just a few pleasentries said. In the Five minute run rom his House to Professor Oak's lab, he couldn't help wondering to himself what Pokemon he would receive and all the adventures he would have with him or her.

Harry the burst into the labaratory. Oak was by the door so he noticed Harry immediatly.

" Who are you ". He asked.

" I'm Harry I live across the street from here, anyway i'm here to collect my first Pokemon ".

" Oh but your late all three I was offering have been taken. But come outside with me to my Pokemon garden, and i'll catch anyone of your choice, for you. I have four rare Pokemon there they are Eevee, Dratini, Riolu and Gligar ".

" Oh, thanks i'll think i'll take that one ". Harry told him pointing at the Flyscorpion Pokemon Gligar.

" Alright then, that's Gligar the Flyscorpion Pokemon it's from the Johto region you know, and it's evolution has recently been discovered in the Sinnoh region ". Oak then let out a Pokeball and with a shake or Two, then a dinging sound Gligar was caught. " Here you go one Gligar, Five Pokeballs and a brand new Pokedex.

" Gee, thanks Professor Oak you do know i'm going to be the new Pokemon Champion ".

" Yeah sure haven't heard that one before ".

" Anyways bye ".

" Yeah bye, hope your dream comes true ".

Then Harry walked out the Lab with his head held high. He made his way towards Route 1.

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
Junior took the boat to the lab.On the way he seen a couple of tentacruels realeasing a black smokey liquid into the water.He liked looking at pokemon
playing around.Well thats what he thought the tentacruels were doing until one of them wrapped the other up and pulled it to the sea floor.After his little miss hap with the tentacruls he managed to pull his selve together and go over to the lab.The lab was a large shiny building with antenna's and satelites sticking out of the roof.he pulled his trousers up and walked over to the door.BOOOOOF! Junior hit the ground with a thump.At first he thought he hadnt tied his shoe but that was until he got up and noticied a large boy sniggering at him.It's the little gin AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH Jnior flipped him over before he could finish his sentence.He turned around and entered the lab.

He looked around and seen a pokeball sitting on a marble table.He walked over and touched the pokeball."Can i help you" junior turned around to see an old man in a long white cloke standind staring at the other side of the room."Em im here to em get a em pokemon...sir" "eevee he squeezed in at the end."Ah eevee a very populoar pokemon among you young one's but im sorry to say it was already taken a couple of minutes ago".NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!! Junior thought angrily in his head.how could this happen.Junior looked over at the pokeball"Whats that then"he grunted in a very dissapionted way."Dratini is my only pokemon left" "He is very strong and very rare".Junior walked over to the pokeball and picked it up"this will do" he walked over to the door." wait said Prof. Oak junior turned around to see him holding a pokedex and 5 pokeballs.Junior grabbed the pokeball and walked out of the lab feeling angry and upset.

I know my paragraphs look smaal but there long lines and also ill not be active that much around christmas time

thanks bud

Last edited:

Logan

Years
Can you get Route 1 up please don't mean to be pushy.

Thanks

P.S.

Can my Gligar have Poison Sting, Sand-Attack and Metal Claw ( Egg Move ) as it's moves.

Years
Nice post. wow, Junior's greedy. "Oh no, I only got a really strong and rare dragon type? how unfair!" Your spelling/grammar looks a bit better, just remember to start a new line when someone new starts talking.

Junior got a level 5 Dratini

@bemertonboy - all updates will be done when at least three out of our four roleplayers have completed each part, to make sure no-one gets left behind. And I'm afraid there's no egg moves, as they can make life really complicated. Just have fun showing how Harry is perfect in everyway and completely undefeatable ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back