• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Fufu you're a maniac. 250 SRs is a bad day?? Finding the IVs of eggs is too much of a pain for me. It was easier in gen3 when you could know them to the nearest 10 straight from hatching. IV battles are too much of a pain to set up. And apparently they too are gone on gen5.

Rszer302: As far as I know it's just Zekrom, Reshiram, and Victini who are haxed to not be shiny.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
IV battles have gone in gen5, pokemon no longer auto level to 100 so no guaranteed way to check. :(

All that setting up good shinys was a long read but very worth it. I am not to into competitive battling that much but I have been trying to get a ditto with each nature so eventually I can get into it. There is qite a lot to learn.

Ah that sucks I can't get them shiny. I might have a go for a few days on Victini. Do 10,000 resets and if I get nothing I will give up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Yay for updated lists on the first page! I think I'll try for a shiny Combee or Venonat on my Platinum version. <3 I haven't played it for a while so this would give me a good reason to.

As far as shiny progress goes, nothing yet! I took a break from MM breeding on Black to finish up the story so for now I'm concentrating on Victory Road and Elite 4 training. After I beat that, I'll probably try again for Cubchoo. Unless I get bored and take a break from training then I'll breed for a while. Which will probably be what happens anyway.

As far as I have read with the legendary pokes being shiny, Victini cannot be shiny either. I'm not positive but I've read that a lot of times and I didn't try SR'ing for it. I do want to SR for shiny Virizion too, but I want to finish the story first. Maybe I'll save the SR'ing for White though.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Wow, my sig was disabled again. Lol.

MetalMario, I'm on Spring Break, meaning I don't have to go to school, so really, 250 SRs isn't that much! I'm not free all day, though, so I accumulated most of my SRs between the hours of 12 and 3 AM, haha. Also, I may have been unclear, but compared to what I do regularly, 250 Tepig SRs in one day is quite a lot for me. I meant to say that overall, I didn't get a lot of hunting in. ^^

Also, the event Zorua and Zororak that you get by transferring over Celebi and legendary beasts are also programmed to never be shiny.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I'm really glad to see all the activity here! The club is doing awesome.

My shiny hunts, not so much. :D I'm still playing through Black, and I'm completely blown away. The game is incredible, from graphics to plot to characters to Pokemon to Unova to battles. Everything is just so much better, it's amazing. This is major motivation to hunt, since the game is just so awesome. I'll definitely be hunting for these B/W shinies!

What kind of DS ? A Lite then you probable need to change your wireless connection security to WEP, you security is probable set on WPA or WPA2 and the DS Lite only works on WEP. I had the same problem turned my security to WEP now it's works, I already got my victini :). But you need to look out because WEP could be hackt in like 10 minutes so it's your decision. Hope this helps you :)

Thanks! That's probably what it is. So the only way I can use WiFi is if I disable the WPA and use it? Will I be able to put it back? I have no idea how to work a router, or even to change the settings, "lol."

I tried connecting to WiFi on my regular DS too, but that didn't work either. Same thing with the DSi. :(

Congratulations to Fufu for winning the thread. :D And for all things, an explanation of how you set up a shiny hunt! "lol"

Remember that the shiny circuit's still going on, as well as the new April Challenge. Let's hope we have some success!

EDIT: My banner's back! I finally got around to adding Treecko and updating Bulbasaur to Venasaur. Any comments? And yes, it was made before Ru explained the pluralization of "shiny." :)

Last edited:

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I was starting to go crazy seeing somebody get a shiny almost everyday while I still didn't get mine!
But last night I finally got a shiny in Village Bridge after hunting there since March 15th, it's my first Pokemon Black shiny and my first shiny in a while!

Spoiler:

I wanted a shiny Zangoose when I first started, but a shiny Seviper is just as good! I've always wanted a shiny Seviper as much as a Zangoose since its colors are AWESOME!

Video of the capture of the shiny Seviper is here.

Now I need to figure out what to hunt for next, there's just so many shinies I want.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Shiny Seviper is nice. Gratz

I have been trying to get shiny basclin for a while now to get the siny months target. so far no ulck tho :(

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Hey, guys! Sorry, I haven't been as active as I'd like...
Anyway, I recently obtained my 3rd shiny in White: Shiny Gligar

I took a break from hunting a shiny Karrablast after around 200 eggs and started hatching Pokemon to trade on GTS Negotiations. On my 3rd Gligar egg, I hatched my shiny. :)
It has a Jolly nature, too! It's a Gliscor now and I'm EV training it.

So, good luck with your hunts, guys! :D

Years
Nice job with the disco snake! They are awesome! I still get jumpy when I see one... :D

My nephew wants to battle me with his noober team so I'm taking a break from hunting to clone and import my competitive team so I can proceed to wipe the floor with him. ^^ Cloning via save file backup requires catching tons of useless Pokémon to sacrifice, so I'm doing that right now. I hope a shiny DOESN'T show up, because it'd be on a flash reader and that doesn't feel right. It'd also be a golden Magikarp, and Red Gyaradoses are a dime a dozen anyway. I already have high IV RGs with Adamant and Jolly natures as is.

77 Tepigs since last count.

G-Money

Years
I was starting to go crazy seeing somebody get a shiny almost everyday while I still didn't get mine!
But last night I finally got a shiny in Village Bridge after hunting there since March 15th, it's my first Pokemon Black shiny and my first shiny in a while!

Spoiler:

I wanted a shiny Zangoose when I first started, but a shiny Seviper is just as good! I've always wanted a shiny Seviper as much as a Zangoose since its colors are AWESOME!

Video of the capture of the shiny Seviper is here.

Now I need to figure out what to hunt for next, there's just so many shinies I want.

Congratulations!! That's awesome. *does shiny dance*

By the way, I love your banner. The shiny mini-icons look amazing, and I love your collection. Nice job!

Hey, guys! Sorry, I haven't been as active as I'd like...
Anyway, I recently obtained my 3rd shiny in White: Shiny Gligar

I took a break from hunting a shiny Karrablast after around 200 eggs and started hatching Pokemon to trade on GTS Negotiations. On my 3rd Gligar egg, I hatched my shiny. :)
It has a Jolly nature, too! It's a Gliscor now and I'm EV training it.

So, good luck with your hunts, guys! :D

Congrats! You got a shiny on your 3rd egg!? Wow, talk about luck! The SHC is just overflowing with it right now, "lol." I sure would like a sip...

Still playing through Black here, doing tons of REs to raise my team. Every time I see a new Pokemon, I think, "Wow, that's awesome! I would love to have a shiny of that!" Nearly 649 targets now? Us shiny hunters sure are going to be busy with that Dex, "lol."

Thanks for all the good luck, everyone. The SHC is doing pretty well in that department! :D

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hi everyone, how are you doing?
Me here a little busy and using my free time to train and hunt.

Congratulations to Evil Sonic for Seviper and Anti Zero for Gligar

About the shiny legendaries in black and white I mean reshiram zekrom and victini, not all.

I see Fufu went through a lot on april 4, were you able to find shiny gible?

Landorus said:
Sorry about not being here. I have been dealing with a family emergency. I will update the first post with new information~

Big congrats to Chr. Draco for being the only person here to win March Madness. :)

Hope everything is ok, and thanks.

My shiny news: Well, not much, only training via the pokeradar and on the first patch found a female shiny camerupt with magma armor near stark mountain in diamond, it was just a rare patch, not a shiny patch.
In other news, still SRing for some targets, and maybe will try to breed for a nosepass. I don't know if chaining is accepted in april fools.
By the way, here are the pics I promised last time:
View attachment 59831View attachment 59832

I think that's all for now, good luck and happy hunting.

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
Hi guys. I'm new to shiny hunting and I would like to join the club. I have 3 shinies so far typhlosion(MM), Scizor(chain), and magneton(RE). Currently I'm MM for a shiny bulbasaur on my black version. So far Im (74 eggs) but no shiny. Good luck to everyone hunting.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Still Masuda Methoding for Petilil. Got an Everstone on the Modest mom since it apparently works now. XD More than 75% of the eggs I'm hatching are Modest. I'm up to 175 eggs and no luck so far. :/ I love Petilil, but I'm thinking of switching to DW Vulpix. I'll probably stick it out until 300 or so and then switch to keep things fresh.

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
Hi guys and girls :) I'm back with some updates, I put my MM charmander in HG on hold, yesterday I started two new hunts. The first one I'm SR on my leaf green for a charmander, I did 300 SR on that one, I also RE on my HG on route 29 got 500 RE on that one, I hope to get alot more today. I was actually also hatching for a woobat, I had already around 30 eggs but I stopped because I'm probably first going to playthrough the game and transfer my japanees ditto from HG, so I can MM for woobat because the odds in Black&White are much better. So that rounds up my update hoping for something to shiny before the end of the week :)

G-Money

Years
Nothing new since my last post. I'm still playing through Black, hoping for a random shiny along the way. I absolutely love the new Pokemon, and now I have plenty of targets. :)

My shiny news: Well, not much, only training via the pokeradar and on the first patch found a female shiny camerupt with magma armor near stark mountain in diamond, it was just a rare patch, not a shiny patch.
In other news, still SRing for some targets, and maybe will try to breed for a nosepass. I don't know if chaining is accepted in april fools.

Congrats on the Camerupt! You act like it's not a big deal, but you got a shiny! "lol" I guess they become less exciting when you're chaining.

Chained shinies count for the Dex, although you only get one per chain. You still get all its evolutions, though.

The April challenges are the 5 specific April targets - one from each generation - and the shiny circuit. The circuit technically is carrying over from March, since no one has won yet. Heck, no one's officially completed a leg! The competition is still open, and anyone can win! Think about joining, if you're not busy with another hunt/game!

Hi guys. I'm new to shiny hunting and I would like to join the club. I have 3 shinies so far typhlosion(MM), Scizor(chain), and magneton(RE). Currently I'm MM for a shiny bulbasaur on my black version. So far Im (74 eggs) but no shiny. Good luck to everyone hunting.

Welcome to the club! We're glad to have a new shiny hunter! Congrats on those three shinies, especially the Magneton. ;)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Been working on my Subway team at the minute. I have a perfect IV blissey with bold nature and all the other IV are high.

Not sure who I am going to be using. My old team of Gengar, Metagross and Blissey doesn't seem to be working so I am looking into some different pokemon to use. So I am doing a lot of breeding of pokemon for good IV/nature so I may just bump into a shiny as I am using Japanese Dittos to increase the chance. Would love a full shiny wifi team.

I am thinking about trying to get a full set of the shiny pokemon that people random create. Will maybe when I have some time off work and more time for hunting and when some pokemon I like come into it.

SRing for Virizion shiny on White though. Virizion looks awesome as a shiny.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Hey guys :]

So far, I haven't gotten another shiny yet. I put some of my hunts on hold so that I can hunt for shiny Venonat and shiny Charmander. I'm at 150 eggs for each. I'm especially looking forward to hatching the Charmander, because I'm breeding the egg move Dragon Dance onto it. If I'm lucky and get a good nature, I'm going to use it for battles. Good luck again to everyone xD

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
So I decide to put my MM Bulbasaur hunt on hold in Black. And started on a Munna MM hunt on White, but only got to 120 eggs so far. So tonight i decided to start MM for a shiny riolu on Platinum and I'm happy to say that after only 27 eggs, I now have four shinies!! Im so happy about my shiny Riolu!! Since its one of my favorite pokemon!! :D

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Hey everybody! It says all you have to do to join is post, so I'm joining!

Many of you may know me from SPPf, and I'm ShinyDoug there too. Send me a VM/PM if you're a shiny hunter that I may already know. Such as G Money and Fufu! And Landorus, it's good to see you around somewhere too!

So I'm currently hunting in Pinwheel Forest. I'm at 1500 RE's, and I'm not expecting a quick hunt, though one would be nice. A lot of hunters on Serebii seem to be getting quick shinies lately. I'm dual REing on the inside of the Forest on Black and White.

Congrats on all the recent shinies! I've just started reading the posts.

I have 2 1/8192 shinies, as all the rest are chained, though some at early patches, evem Chain 1. My favorite shiny I own is easily Typhlosion. He appeared in less than 3000 starters! I may restart HG again and try for another shiny starter. If you want to know any more than that about my shinies, check the card I made in my sig.

Happy Hunting!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
FINALLY!!!!

That's right guys, I've finally gotten a new shiny! I was getting a little tired of REing for Swablu and Torkoal on Ruby and Sapphire, so I decided to take a little break by resuming an old hunt of mine; Spheal in Shoal Cave. I had already done 4,010 encounters from a previous stint, so I decided I would just raise my total to 4,250 encounters. Then I would switch back to REing for Torkoal.

Little did I know that I would never quite reach that milestone.

I can't believe that I'm actually saying this, but something in me truly felt that I would get a shiny. I don't know how to explain it, but earlier today, when I was initially considering resuming my Spheal hunt, I thought to myself "Watch this be the time when I time that I actually get a shiny. When I'm not even hunting for a main target." I wouldn't call myself psychic because I NEVER have feelings like this, but MAN, let's just say that my intuition was certainly on point today!

Truth be told, I wasn't even able to tell that that the Pokemon was shiny until right before I saw the stars. As it was scrolling across the screen, it looked absolutely normal. However, when it stopped scrolling and came out of the shadow, the difference was a bit more noticeable. I was playing on my silver GBA SP (the one with the horrible backlight), so I truly had to wait for the stars to confirm my suspicion.

It felt like the longest wait of my life.

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to my 69th shiny, my 67th traditional shiny, and perhaps, (considering its prevalence as a common "random" shiny") one of the most overdue shinies in my career:

Why am I just now getting this shiny?

I had to take photos at an angle because the flash of my camera was surprisingly cumbersome. More pics!

I also made a video of the capture of this shiny. It's uploading right now. I'm so, so, happy with this shiny! And I'm glad that I finally got it; I feel justified in saying finally because I've seen 18,961 Pokemon since my last shiny...and considering the amount of luck that's been floating around lately, I'm overjoyed that I finally got the chance to bring some shiny news.

I do plan on evolving this shiny Golbat, just not immediately. I still have a day left of Spring Break, and I plan to spend a good deal of it shiny hunting. I have some other irl things I need to finish up really quickly, but otherwise, there really isn't anything stopping me from substantially raising my totals for some other targets between now and Sunday evening.

Hmmmm, what else do I want to say...? Oh yeah, my emotional reaction to this shiny Golbat was this: surprising disbelief -> ecstasy at finding a shiny -> mild disappointment at it not being Swablu/Torkoal -> ecstasy again because I actually like shiny Crobat and have wanted one for a while. I wouldn't call Crobat a dream shiny, but seriously, it seems like everyone and their mothers but me has a shiny Zubat. I used to refer to it as the most common shiny ever (other than the Red Gyarados, of course). But yeah, I am incredibly happy that I finally have a shiny Golbat of my own. I love it!

It has a Bashful nature, and its IVs are quite mediocre. Quite "shiny-esque", if I use a term coined by the French shiny hunting community.

So yeah, thanks for reading this unnecessarily long post! Good luck to everyone else that shiny hunting! And good luck to me as well because I seriously want something between Swablu, Torkoal, Gible, and Tepig to just shine for me already. x_X

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxT67n7cbw8

Last edited:
Back