• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokémon [of Each Type]?

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Normal- Spinda: It just looks so innocent and cute.

Poison- Garbodor: I don't know. Garbodor is the first poison type I've ever trained seriously.

Steel- Skarmory: Skarmory won against Cynthia's Garchomp in B/W at lvl 57 granted I did use a lot of recovery items.

Rock- Gigalith- I like the design if nothing else.

Ground- Flygon: I love Flygon. She helped me beat Emerald when I chose Torchic. Besides, Trapinch was my first ground type.

Electric- Pikachu: Obvious reasons.

Fire- Ninetales: It's beautiful and elegant.

Water- Milotic: See Fire^

Grass- Roserade: It's deadly, but pretty too.

Dark- Absol: Really strong. Really cool.

Fighting- Blaziken: He was my first starter pokemon ever. Although we got stuck at the seventh gym in Hoenn, Flygon helped us out.

Psychic- Gardevoir: See Dark and Fire

Ghost- Drifloon: The Pokedex entry for it is funny.

Ice- Froslass: See Grass

Flying- Togekiss: See Fire

Bug- Masquerain: I find it interesting. Although I've never had one before, it still is my favorite.

Dragon- I'd like to say Flygon, but I'll go with Altaria instead.
Altaria struck me as annoying against Winona, but that was the first time I saw perish song. After that, I was curious and my curiosity turned to admiration.

There are others I'd like to mention, but I couldn't put them on the chart so here they are:
Stunfisk
Escavalier
Leafeon
Gallade
Porygon-Z

more but these are the main ones.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Normal: Minccino. Anyone who knows me knows that as soon as I saw it, I was so obsessed over it. It was absolutely adorable.
Fire: Houndoom. I started liking Houndoom immediately after I saw Karen have it in Silver. I loved the design and how badass it looked.
Fighting: Lucario. I initially HAAAATED Lucario. I thought it was overrated and I didn't like the design or the concept of it or anything. I hated the name, I hated everything about it. Then I decided I would play through SoulSilver using all of Cynthia's Pokémon. Lucario was one of my favorites at the end of the run through and I appreciated it much more.
Water: Kingdra. Kingdra replaced Alakazam as my favorite Pokémon after I battled Clair. I thought it was amazing and the best Pokémon ever, and it's my favorite Gen II Pokémon.
Flying: Farfetch'd. I just love it's name and like making puns from it's name with people. Farfetch'd...
Grass: Tropius. It has bananas for earrings.
Poison: Swalot. I just find it so amusing to look at. It just opens it's mouth and swallows things. nom nom nom!
Electric: Luxray. It's my favorite because I just think it looks the best.
Ground: Sandshrew. I always found him adorable.
Psychic: Reuniclus. Reuniclus replaced Minccino as my favorite Generation V Pokémon when pictures of it surfaced. I became obsessed over it and registered it everywhere. It's my favorite Pokémon from Gen V and outranks Alakazam (my favorite Pokémon in Gen I).
Rock: Lunatone. I just like the fact that it's a moon that floats.
Ice: Jynx. I always thought Jynx looked like a hooker with really big boobs.
Bug: Scyther. It's the only Pokémon I like that's a bug. I don't know why.
Dragon: Dragonair. It's SO majestic. It was the first Pokémon I drew and I still have the drawing. It's very amazing.
Ghost: Chandelure. It's beautiful, simply put.
Dark: Scrafty. I don't know what it is about Scrafty's gangster moxie appearance that makes me love it so much.
Steel: Steelix. I saw Steelix as an amazing Pokémon after I underestimated it when I was fighting Jasmine.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Bug: Heracross (closely followed by Volcarona, but Heracross has been in every team since Gen II)
Dark: Houndoom (one of my faves in general)
Dragon: Kingdra (again, no contest: one of my faves in general)
Electric: Magnezone (actually quite a hard one: Maggie is one of my faves, but looking at the list, I have a soft spot for Lanturn and Eelektross)
Fighting: Heracross again (if I have to have a different one, it'd probably be Gallade for its awesome typing and design)
Fire: Chandelure (Houndoom and Volcarona are fighting it out for second place)
Flying: Aerodactyl (probs my favourite critter ever, so of course it's getting in here!)
Ghost: Chandelure again (no contest... maybe Gengar, but... nope)
Grass: Cradily (I don't know why I like this fugly critter; just do. Don't really like any other Grass Pokemon for whatever reason)
Ground: Excadrill (surprisingly hard to pick a fave for; Excadrill only because it's proven very useful in-game)
Ice: Lapras (had one in virtually every game; hard to get every Friday down in Union Cave)
Normal: Girafarig (mainly because of how un-Normal it is)
Poison: Crobat (I guess...? Maybe Gengar again, but I never have Poison critters in a team, for some reason)
Psychic: Espeon (my favourite Eeveelution by a mile, also)
Rock: Aerodactyl again (fave. critter. ever. See above. If not that or Cradily, then Tyranitar but that's just bleh)
Steel: Magnezone again (if not that, then Metagross)
Water: Milotic (wish I could do a three-way-tie with Kingdra and Lapras (and maybe Lanturn) but one it is)

That was fun!

GodcalledBOB

Dragon Tamer
Years
What is your Favorite Dragon Type Pokemon?

I really like Dragon Types although i think they are a tad overpowered....

My favorite is either Salamence or Hydreigon because of their pure strength :P

I enjoy using Dragon types and i'd like to know what Dragons other people use so i can try them out :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Didn't I already explain this to you...? You really need to start paying attention to where you post things. Look in Pokemon General. There's a subforum called Pokemon Voting Polls for threads that ask "what's your favorite _____" such as this, and that is where it shall go. I shouldn't have to tell you again.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
Bug :: Probably Volcarona. It's strong and it's probably the prettiest bug type out there XD;
Dark :: Absol, one of my favorites in general :D
Dragon :: Definitely Altaria >w<;; It's sooooooooo fluffy! :DD <333
Electric :: Minum, Plusle and the blue and yellow one (I can't remember its' name OAO;;;)
Fighting :: Lucario, it's the prettiest fighting type and it's pretty strong too :DDD
Fire :: Ponyta, Ninetales, Vulpix, Arcanine, Reshiram, because they're strong (except for Vulpix) and cute <333333
Flying :: SWANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
and Altaria, of course! <33333333
Ghost: Shandera, its' purple flames are so kewl <3
Grass: Churine, Liligant, Cherrim, Erufuun, Jumpluff <333 Cuties :DD
Ground :: Dugtrio... That's the only ground type I could remember now ;A;
Ice :: Glaceon and Lapras :D
Normal :: Most of them cause they're cute :DD
Poison :: Roselia, cause roses are kewl :D
Psychic :: Mew, Gardevoir, Espeon :: They're so pretty :D
Rock :: Can't remember any rock types
Steel :: Can't remember any steel either
Water :: Vaporeon and Milotic! :DDDDDDDDD

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
Years
My favorite Pokemon? Well, I have two, actually. It's these guys.
622.gif
623.gif

At first, it was their looks that drew me in--they look very robotic and well, I absolute adore robots. But when I began to work with them, I fell head over heels simply because of their power. They're heavy hitters and got me more wins than any other Pokemon I've ever trained. Leveling them up was a breeze, they have a useful Ability (Iron Fist) and they have some great resistances. On top of that, my Golurk was the first Pokemon I actually EV trained to level 100; all that time we spent together and I just fell for him. These two are my favorites and they always will be--to me, they are power and grace combined. Love 'em both like you wouldn't believe.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Normal: Ursaring- Well first off, I think it's really cool and I love Teddiursa as well. Also, it is a pretty powerful pokemon.
Fighting: Hitmontop- I really started to like this pokemon after Pokemon Coloseum. I caught it and pured it and I realized how strong it is. It has amazing defense and hp.

Grass: Grovyle- To me this pokemon looks absolutely awesome. Way better than Sceptile. And he is incredibly fast.
Poison: Nidoking- This pokemon has been the pokemon I've always loved. He was my first ever 3rd evolved form pokemon and he's stuck with me ever since. <3
Bug: Scyther- Scyther is just a really cool pokemon. Also, when I was a kid I played some picture game called pokemon snap! Where you took pictures of pokemon, and he was always a challenge to take a picture of.
Fire: Arcanine- Arcanine was always a beast looking pokemon to me, and he was my first ex card. Arcanine ex was an amazing pokemon.
Water: Milotic- I honestly don't know why I like Milotic so much. I guess because it is a challenge to get in R/S and it's a very graceful pokemon.
Dragon: Dragonite- My all time favorite Pokemon! First off, it's hard to evolve him from a Dratini. It takes soo much time and effort. But, when you finally get Dragonite he looks amazing and is really powerful.
Electric: Jolteon- The main reason I like Jolteon is just because of his battle cry. That like jolt-jolt-JOLTEON! Just sounds so cool to me.
Dark: Tyranitar- I put Tyranitar into dark because I had a good one for ground and he is classified as dark. Anyways, I started really liking him in XD when I evolved that larvitar up to him and he did amazing!
Ghost: Haunter- I really only like him for his looks. He looks better than Gengar to me. Oh, and I liked how he messed with Ash back in the series.
Psychic: Gardevior- The only reason I like Gardevior so much is because it carried me through R/S. It was a really strong pokemon, especially with psychic.
Rock: Aerodactyl- I just like it for it's looks. I know I had it, but I don't remember if it's good or not.
Ground: Flygon- Leveled it up to 100 on Ruby. He was my pride and joy. All around amazing pokemon.
Ice: Glalie- I always thought Glalie looked cool, and I won all the pokemon contests with it. That's why I love it (:.
Steel: Metagross- When I first saw it, I thought it was an awesome pokemon. And it pretty much whiped me out all by itself. So, I trained really hard to get one myself. Got a lot of respect for this pokemon.
Flying: Altaria- I've always loved this pokemon mostly because of Swablu. It's such a cute pokemon (:. Also, Altaria gave me a good math in the elite 4 I think?
Legendary: Shaymin- Shaymin is my favorite legendary. It looks so cute and innocent, but it's really a BAMF!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
My all time favorite Pokemon is Jellicent. I love both of the designs for both genders, but the female stole the thunder, for me. The massive amount of HP, the great Special defense, I love it. Plus they look like royalty with their little crowns. idk how I even got to fall in love with it. I honestly used to HATE the female's design. I thought it looked so stupid. But one of my friends from another site and I used to use it as an insult. "Omg ur so ugly like a female Jellicent", and after that, I began to like it as a joke, and then I genuinely fell in love with it. My love for Jellicent also made me fall in love with every other pink Pokemon in the game. Legit. Now I'm in love with pink. Anyway.

List of favorite Pokemon of each type:

Spoiler:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Please keep the following in mind when reading through my list:

- Not all of my decisions are based on the same factor
- I haven't used all of these Pokémon in battle
- Not all of these are facts, some are opinions
- Some Pokémon don't have as many points as others — I just simply like them
- There are many points I left out, the ones listed are just the most important

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ok, lets give reasons.

Bug - Ninjask - I don't really like bug pokemon, but this one is kind of cool
Dark - Honchrow - He is one of the few pokemon that naturally looks like a boss.
Dragon - Hydregion - I've always wanted to see a pokemon that just loves choas
Electric - Magnaton - Mostly nostalgia, I had a really good mangton Pokemon card I loved using.
Fight - Scraggy - Fights well, its funny seeing it in the anime, and is the hispter pokemon
Fire - Ninetails - I like "dark" and beautiful Pokemon, and Ninetails fits,
Flying - Togekiss - It doesn't look like a bird, and its a 3rd stage evolve form that is adorable
Ghost - Chandelure - Because this thing is powerful, and I love gijinkas of this thing
Grass - Liligant - I love the gijinkas, I think it looks adorable, and I hate a lot of other grass types
Ground - Flygon - Same reason for Magnton, nostalgia
Ice - Beartic - Because I loved using it in my game, and I loved it having the nickname Desmond
Normal - Meloetta - I love her apperence
Posion - Roserade - I like the gijinkas of her, the apperence is nice, and like grass and bug; I don't like much of them
Psy - Gardevior - Nice artwork, sprite work, pretty useful in teams, first psychic type I ever used in game
Rock - Probopass - Because I can name it Mario
Steel - Mawile - Nice gijinkas, love the artwork, and it is underatted.
Water - Milotic - I loved sea serpents, and the shiny Milotic I have all the way back from Ruby is still my prized Pokemon

Sorry for not reading rules, here is reasonings.
TwiDragon.. Where have I heard that before? Dunno. Anyway, I have always loved Dragonite! I love dragons, type and just the entire concept. I mean, it can fly, looks awesome, very strong, and overall amazing.

GhostQuill

Nooby Spriter
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2012
My overall favorite would have to be Haunter/Gengar

I love ghost types and tehy're my favorites, specially becasue I tend to use them a lot of the games
But since I can't trade, I tend to use Haunter more ...

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
either rayquaza or garchomp becuse theyre both BADASS! and don't even try and say that theyre not.

Years
Proberly Pidgeot
I find pidgeot to be beautiful, elegant and powerful. I don't know. I also love my Pidgeot I caught in soul silver, first caught pokemon. haha :)

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
506.gif
C'mon, do I really need to explain dis one?

165.gif
I just love the patterns on it back...Plus they're cute.

334.gif
Cottony fluffy birdy...It's probably not the strongest of Dragon, but I still gotz da major heart for this.

471.gif
Mostly, because it an eevee...But also, I like da noise it make on the Pokemon game.

222.gif
I'm dead ass serious about this one. I like Corsela...I trained one on R/S/E game...Tho, it wasn't very strong...I still liked her. :p

547.gif
And last, but not least...One of my fave Pokemon are...Whimsicott. Look at how puff on it back moves when it jump. LOL

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Umbreon. Umbreon has been my favorite Pokemon ever since I played Crystal and I could never figure out how to get one. I was 8 at the time and Crystal had just came out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012

my all time favorite would have to be Salamence.
It is very powerful,and its pre evolved form bagon is so cute!
Bagon has dreamt of flying since it was a little egg.
Now as Salamence it DOES fly. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2023
- Respectively Fire, Water & Grass : Charizard, Blastoise & Venusaur (I am & will always be a starters man :D)

- Normal: Tauros (I was just thoroughly amazed with this bovine the moment I saw Ash's Tauros stampede & shake the arena initiating its Fissure during the Orange League championship, I was literally in awe :O)

- Flying: Pidgeot (many reasons: gentle & loyal nature; the 'pigeon' prefix, given that I took up the hobby of raising thoroughbred pigeons from middle to high school = some of my most cherished memories ; also, to me, he's always been like the only natural-looking bird in the Pokemon world; & last but not least, & to my 1st to 3rd gen-limited knowledge, the only bird I know with 2 evolutions)

- Bug: Butterfree (the accuracy of its 3 powder attacks mixed with psychic abilities = win)

- Fighting: Primeape (unlike the other humanoid fighters this one's the incarnation of a natural-born champ that battles by its own rules)

- Electric: Jolteon (I like Raichu but I prefer an electrical dog a whole lot more :D)

- Ground: Dugtrio (uni-type with beyond devastating Ground attacks, enough said)

- Poison: Crobat (probably the dirtiest poisonous fighter with a lot of tricks under its sleeve: poisoning, confusing, scaring, trapping the enemy...; also I'm very fond of its magnificent speed & the rest of his relatively blanced stats)

- Psychic: Alakazam (aside from its light speed stats & destructive special attacks, his mystic looks & twisted spoons simply perfect the Psychic type persona)

- Rock: Aerodactyl (not only do I love prehistoric creatures but I also find the link between fossilized DNA-born pokes & rocky nature a pretty elegant idea; also pterodactyls were my favourite dinosaurs as a child)

- Ice: Lapras (pretty tough; in Yellow, the only one in Lorelei's team that always survived my Pikachu's 1st strike of Thunder; not to mention the perfect swimmer)

- Dragon: Dragonite (it can fly, masters fire/ice/water/electric moves, plus has the deceiving gentle looks that cover its fierce nature; only Dragon type I've ever liked)

- Ghost: Gengar (the pranky attitude, devilish red eyes, ; also I somehow find all extra-Kanto Ghost pokes pretty lame compared to the original Gastly/Haunter/Gengar trio, design & persona-wise)

- Dark: Houndoom (partly Fire which is my favourite type of all; also the one thing I love more than dogs are hellhounds :D)

- Steel: Scizor (the ninja aspect, combined with its dual-type making it resistant/neutral to most types)

Years
I'm not going to have legendaries in mine cause I like a lot lol :)

Normal - Azurill (probably the only baby pokémon I have a slight obsession with lol)
Fire - Ninetales (favourite pokémon of all time)
Water - Vaporeon (has been since I saw it in Pokémon Stadium)
Grass - Sceptile (two words: LEAF BLADE!! haha)
Electric - Manectric (like Swellow, Emerald opened my eyes to it)
Bug - Venomoth (one of my best ever pokémon plus it's a moth!!)
Fighting - Hitmonlee (kicks are my favourite attacks in real life; Hitmonlee reflects that)
Ice - Dewgong (very sleek and elegant, lot of good moves as well)
Flying - Swellow (since using it on Emerald I quickly discovered how awesome it is)
Dark - Umbreon (been really attached to it since Silver)
Psychic - Kadabra (been a staple part for a lot of my teams)
Ghost - Haunter (like Kadabra and Dragonair, I just prefer 2nd stage evos, plus its personality is great haha)
Poison - Arbok (I LOVE snakes, and it represents a cobra - heaven)
Rock - Kabutops (always been drawn to it, maybe it's the Scyther-like design lol)
Ground - Nidoqueen (Girl power haha plus I love the Nido family)
Steel - Skarmory (always thought it was pretty cool, plus Winona has one lol)
Dragon - Dragonair (elegant yet powerful)

Back