• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Songbird. Well, I AM EliteBeats after all. right? xD

I've found myself in similar situations. Either I've seen a hella mess of a Corner where chaos and one-liners reign... or a bunch of selfish people who believe they're a god sent to Earth when they RP or whatever.

So you could say we're in a neat gray zone here in the RPC?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'm not sure if you're saying that it's a bad thing that we strive for quality, haha.

I do like the fact that we have requirements that members have to abide by, but it's not like that the requirements are out of control and enough to scare off newbies. for actual posting, it's like 100 words. the legibility of those words relies on the game master and if he/she wants to be able to read them or if it's fine to just go with it. roleplays, I like to have meaning and motive (it really bothers me when members just post "team rocket is back!! we gotta stop them!!!") but the other stuff is self explanatory

I like the level of quality we have but... are you trying to say me and pete should be less strict with accepting roleplays? I like the level of quality the RPC has built up since I started here :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I....think it's time I come out of my self-proclaimed "retirement". Bring on the roleplays. I am back. I need stuff to fill in my extensive free time. I guess...ChiliDawgs was the one that kind of convinced me :3

100 words is enough for a roleplay post, imo...that's almost a tweet. xD It shouldn't be that hard.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Welcome back to the world of RP Megan. I'm sure there's an exhaustive list of RPs waiting for you.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I like the level of quality we have but... are you trying to say me and pete should be less strict with accepting roleplays? I like the level of quality the RPC has built up since I started here :)

Not at all! In fact, the regulations you and Pete have in place are probably one of the biggest reasons I love the RPC. There aren't endless streams of roleplays, and that's a very good thing. I'm unable to stick to any of those other RPing sites because they have an abundance of everything, but all of it is uninspired, rehashed to death by posting multiples of the same thing in a matter of days or even hours, and generally everything is just everywhere, including the GMs who post new sorry excuses for RPs every few hours.

I hope it goes without saying that about 99.99999997% of RPs on those unregulated sites are little more than irredeemable crap, no matter how "advanced" the posts there get. Even if the RPC had 100k+ players, with the current rules in place it would still be immeasurably better than any do-whatever-the-hell-you-want sites combined.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Hi all, I'm new to RPing on PC but I've been RPing for over thirteen years x.x (yes, I feel old now). I joined SwiftSign's new RP Gilded Hall. n_n

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Considering the fact that there are a lot of people reading this ATM, I'm going to do some shameless (unofficial) advertising of my own! (Sorry JNathan) Here we go!
*Put on buisness man suit and turn on your business man voice!*

We here at Naruto: A New World, are looking for two Akatsuki members. There is no requirment, other than the willpower to destroy the good guys and their children! But naw. You don't need anything. We just need a couple roleplayers. I trust you guys.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm shelving Wolf's Rain for the time being (I may bring it back in the future, depending on how the players turn up), but for a while now, I've had an excellent idea. The series may be obscure, but I find it to be an undiscovered relic. I love this series, and I'd recommend it to anyone who loves action/comedy anime. The name of this RP idea?

Arms Alchemy Academy: BUSOU RENKIN!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
It most certainly will be, along with a video of some Busou Renkin action, to show people who are unfamiliar what to think of when creating their own Kakugane abilities and types, if I can find a proper video.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Gauging interest for a Yu-Gi-Oh! roleplay.

Expert knowledge of the card game not required, but passing knowledge (do you know how to play the card game?) is necessary. [I understand that this narrows the user pool considerably, which is why I'm gauging interest.] Not looking for a significant number of players.

Homebrew cards will definitely be allowed (pending some analysis / approval). Probably utilizing some period of time after GX canon as the setting for the plot. New mechanics allowed, but there is a list of restricted cards that cannot be used (due to implications of the universe).

This is another attempt at creating and sticking with an RP; this time, the franchise is familiar, so people won't have to read through tens of thousands of informational writing just to understand the setting. (Really, nobody wants to do that anyway.)

So, uh, children's card games, anyone? I'd start planning on this, but I'd like some indication at least of whether there will actually be players. (It's viable as long as there are a handful of interested people... I don't believe I have a true minimum for the plot in mind.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Cirrus sounds interesting, but how would it work? It would take quite a while to write out a yugioh battle, and would involve a load of VMs/PMs/chatlogs to avoid bunnying.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Most of the time the players play against NPCs, and generally they'll be allowed to take full control of the NPCs (because seriously, nobody loses against random NPCs); player-versus-player duels are much rarer, and when they do come up they'll be arranged via VM / PM / instant messaging (!!! best medium detected) beforehand so that one or both players will write a unified account of the entire game after first deciding the result of the duel.

(Duels against serious NPCs will be, of course, dramatized appropriately between the GM and the player. However, the player typically always wins anyway unless they have to lose due to PLOT TWIST / CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, so y'know)

Plus, half of the time you don't even play children's card games! A lot of the character development and interaction happens independent of the fact that children's card games exist.

(I miss CARD GAMES, which is why I'm thinking of making a card games RP. You can find a very good example of how exactly YGO RPs would work out in its thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=97398&page=3 provides a lot of brief NPC duels.)

ADDENDUM: another good example on the later pages of the thread, this time of a player-vs-player game.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
@Cirrus Pfft! I play SHADOW children's card games! I will probably join and make so many references to Yugioh Abridged that you will all hate me and I will love it. Littlekuriboh is a comedy genius.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I feel like Melvin will find his way into the RP and hug us all when we're not looking... O.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back