• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reck's Sprite Expo

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016

2hs5ahc.png

.::Reck's Sprite Expo::.

.::Background::.

A few years ago I decided to pick up tileset making because, at the time, tile artists were few and thin. Over time I have become more experienced with the art of spriting, and believe myself to be an above average pixel artist, and would love for people to use and appreciate my work. For this reason, I have decided to make my sprites available for public use on several conditions... One, Proper credit is given to me for their use... Two, you let me know that you are using them so I can take a look at your project every now and then.

.::New Tiles::.

34eb31v.png

.::Old Tiles::.

2rxejd0.jpg

.::Fakemon::.
29axuu8.png
dnj7tu.png
2hdzh2r.png

.::Notes::.
Follow the Pixel Art section Guidelines found [S-HIGHLIGHT]here[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

These sprites are not formatted to any specific game making program.

Credit is required for use!!

I will add sprites when I feel motivated. Want me to be motivated? Comment on my work.

I do requests, so shot me some PMs and VMs, or leave a comment here.

Thanks for the view! Now why not leave a comment?

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
i don't know why you ask for support i think your tiles are great i have seen other that you had made and theyre are good too you'r pallete using is maybe a bit different and you could try to recolour them a little more with colours or something but anyways you'r tiles are good and after you asked you have my suport on those make more and mroe you'r good at it and don;t give something up your good in....anyways i have dowloaded the old tiles and such and after you wanted to be asked can i use some of your tiles??

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Thanks Anbuja's_BlooDY! That means a lot, and ill try not to get tired of it this time, haha, and you have my permission to use my tiles. Just be sure to give credit.

I just updated and now have a gym, another house, and i made the other two houses match the Poke Center pallet wise. Please give me your feedback.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
They mostly look good, but the palletes are a little bland for me, and the roof style for the pokecenter and gym look a little weird for some reason.

On another note, welcome back! I remember you, and the other day I was actully wondering what happened to you, you used to be one of the most popular tile artists on pc, and it's good to see you get back into the game.

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
They look good, but the palette's are so bland.

By bland I assume you meant not saturated enough? So i uped the saturation on everything by about 20 units.

They mostly look good, but the palletes are a little bland for me, and the roof style for the pokecenter and gym look a little weird for some reason.

On another note, welcome back! I remember you, and the other day I was actully wondering what happened to you, you used to be one of the most popular tile artists on pc, and it's good to see you get back into the game.

Again I'm guessing my saturation was off, and could you elaborate on the roof a bit?

And thanks for the welcome back! Im actually pretty happy to be back, and i hope I can regain that popularity.

Where did the black outlines go?

Well I removed them because it seemed to look smoother, but I darkened some of them so what do you think now?

Also, I updated the tiles, I redid most of the pallets and added a few new things and also a few other tweaks were made. So tell me what you think of them.

TheAngryPidove

Don't Make A Pigeon Angry
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2011
I'd never thought I'd say this but it's too saturated. The colors are really dull. They need to be vibrant, bright, to look good.

helmy96

Now planning a hack, nid help
Years
The outlines still need to be darkened as they blend in too much with the buildings. It should be given a less saturated or bland colour look as the buildings look as if they're sick.... nah messing with ya, just change the tones and it'll be better :)

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
The outlines still need to be darkened as they blend in too much with the buildings. It should be given a less saturated or bland colour look as the buildings look as if they're sick.... nah messing with ya, just change the tones and it'll be better :)

The none black outlines are meant to make it feel a bit more realistic, but if I get enough complaints I'll probably change it haha, and I'll fix the saturation.

Well I just updated, the saturation was toned down significantly in most things. So hows it look to you all now? Also, I will be very busy the next few days and will likely not update again until Thursdayish, so a lot of comments during the next few days will be greatly appreciated.

Oh BTW thanks for all your support, i don't think I'll be quiting again anytime soon :)

Years
I'd never thought I'd say this but it's too saturated. The colors are really dull. They need to be vibrant, bright, to look good.

um, no. These are too unsaturated. Too saturated would be MSPaint default red etc. But yes I agree, these tiles would look a lot better if they were more vibrant, and had darker outlines.

The Pokémon style of tiles are pretty cartoony, hence the dark outlines etc., so if you're trying to emulate the style, you're gonna need to...bring out the colours, and darken them outlines.

The easiest way to do that is by referring to the actual tiles used in the game (I'm not sure what generation you're making these tiles for, but The Spriter's Resource should have at least some tiles from each gen.

But yeah, welcome back to PC Reck, you were quite a popular tile spriter before, and I'm sure the same will happen.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
Was wondering if I may use these tiles in a possibly upcoming sprite comic of mine, if I ever get around to actually making it?

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
um, no. These are too unsaturated. Too saturated would be MSPaint default red etc. But yes I agree, these tiles would look a lot better if they were more vibrant, and had darker outlines.

The Pokémon style of tiles are pretty cartoony, hence the dark outlines etc., so if you're trying to emulate the style, you're gonna need to...bring out the colours, and darken them outlines.

The easiest way to do that is by referring to the actual tiles used in the game (I'm not sure what generation you're making these tiles for, but The Spriter's Resource should have at least some tiles from each gen.

But yeah, welcome back to PC Reck, you were quite a popular tile spriter before, and I'm sure the same will happen.

Well.. I guess i'll do black outlines.. it just makes it so rigid, heres an example of what they be like(there still not completely black just REALLY dark) So what do you think of this one? I'll do the rest once I have more time. Also, I recolored it with in-game colors.
deobag.png

Was wondering if I may use these tiles in a possibly upcoming sprite comic of mine, if I ever get around to actually making it?
And yeah, sure tell me if you do it cause id like to read it.

Also, does anyone think I should combine the pokecenter and mart like they do in black and white?

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Well.. I guess i'll do black outlines.. it just makes it so rigid, heres an example of what they be like(there still not completely black just REALLY dark) So what do you think of this one? I'll do the rest once I have more time. Also, I recolored it with in-game colors.
deobag.png

And yeah, sure tell me if you do it cause id like to read it.

Also, does anyone think I should combine the pokecenter and mart like they do in black and white?

well the new recolours of em looks better than the start:D
and yeah you should combine the mart an pokecenter could bee a little interesting to see that:D

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
well the new recolours of em looks better than the start:D
and yeah you should combine the mart an pokecenter could bee a little interesting to see that:D

Thanks man :) and i just did

Check the first post for the update and give me some criticism if you don't mind, everyone. I added dark outlines and a center/mart combo, so post away! lol

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
man...it looks good:) really but those white walls should get some ps and mart colour still to give the feeling of an pokecenter:)
but still it looks very good and all recolours are good too you have improved them very well from the first post you did here:)

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 29
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
man...it looks good:) really but those white walls should get some ps and mart colour still to give the feeling of an pokecenter:)
but still it looks very good and all recolours are good too you have improved them very well from the first post you did here:)

Thanks a lot :) I'm glad I'm able to impress. And I'll fix the walls.

Well, I just updated, and COMPLETELY redid the gym, and actually impressed myself with it. So tell me what you think.

Back