• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Oh... oh my. Those names are terrible D:

Man, to think! In 2003, I was 10 years old!! That was 8 years ago... so long ago!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
joined the old one :D Well I'm waiting for a number of future RPs to appear since I know a few friends that are preparing one. Supervegeta's Odyssey2 will be released a while after he returns, so i've got an SU for it already. Then there's my TRP (twin roleplaying) project which is on hold right now since I'm reworking on the plot. Then there's a PMD plot being created by my group the Platinum Quarterdeck. We're trying out best to make our PMD easier but more long lasting than the others with a few systems to keep it going. Hopefully it won't die as fast as the other PMDs do, and i'm pretty confident that it won't :)

there's a few more but I won't leak them out :D so I'm not gonna join so much right now as I've joined like 3 already! gotta say i'm excited since Odyssey2's coming out, and I got some ideas planned with the other future RPers already.

He's making a sequel! I was going to join the first one but passed. I'm so going to join that xD

Years
I've now decided to fast forward to 2009 and 2010. :3

Now lol, look at this drama! XD

EDIT: Considering the RPs I've read from the past, I think we've improved tremendously. We don't have anymore one-liners or very short posts and most of us have at least a decent standard of writing. Some of the RPs I've browsed, I had no understanding of what the RPers were posting and I was aghast at their SUs being super-duper short and written in script-play. I guess we all know now why that time was called the Age of Silence..or so. xP

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
/I have to remember that Pokemon Trivia =/= Roleplay Corner

Ah, good old drama. Those people would be perfect in threads like TCTI and DLTMS0 o3o

Personally, I'd say if a GM wants their thread closed, let it be closed! 'Sides, the GM (or, with the GM's permission, one of the RPers) could always restart the RP anyhoo.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
/I have to remember that Pokemon Trivia =/= Roleplay Corner

Ah, good old drama. Those people would be perfect in threads like TCTI and DLTMS0 o3o

Personally, I'd say if a GM wants their thread closed, let it be closed! 'Sides, the GM (or, with the GM's permission, one of the RPers) could always restart the RP anyhoo.

You're right. Drama just complicates the RP and makes the GM feel uncomfortable.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Speaking of TCTI and stuff. Don't you think we've got such a narrow place to talk in this section? One thread. Maybe we should have one thread for more serious character/plot ideas, help and reviews (I know the fanfiction section has one) and one thread that's more a general discussion. Like this one.

STILL NO SPAMMING would be allowed, of course. We must always talk about something RP-related, or else we can go over to the DCC or VMs instead.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
I also like the sound of that - it's always a good idea to bounce ideas around a few people to get opinions, and you'd be able to do that without clogging up the discussion or alienating people (plus not everyone has VMs open and it's easier to talk to more than one other person on a thread).

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I support that idea. It makes things more organized. Like the others said, a thread for developing ideas will probably increase the quality of RPs as people can just go and post their opinions about certain plots/characters/ideas. If the Fanfic section has one, this section should definitely have one.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Winnie the Pooh RP...anyone? xD

.......xD.

Also, the Plot Discussion thread is up.......And I kind of have a mixed reaction. :/ While I'm pretty happy to have something like that, where we all can post our posts, and improve upon them, I'd actually prefer to keep my plot a secret, so that its a surprise to everyone, and if I want opinions, either post a general idea here, or PM it to one of my friends.

But, that's just my opinion. :D

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Winnie the Pooh RP...anyone? xD

CAN I PLAY TIGGER'S AWESOME BROTHER WHO HAS SELF-ESTEEM ISSUES?! :D

Also, the Plot Discussion thread is up.......And I kind of have a mixed reaction. :/ While I'm pretty happy to have something like that, where we all can post our posts, and improve upon them, I'd actually prefer to keep my plot a secret, so that its a surprise to everyone, and if I want opinions, either post a general idea here, or PM it to one of my friends.

But, that's just my opinion. :D

Well you could wlays take the parts you're weary about and try to get them judged without revealing the entire plot.

This would be tricky, but done right, I think that might remedy your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back