• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh cool!I get to start school late tomorrow!"

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Does/did your school have a late start day? In other words, is there a specific day every week/other week/month where your school would start later than it's usual time? (Whether it's elementary school , high school, or college/uni)

My high school did. Every Wednesday , school would start at 10am instead of the usual 8am.

I was just wondering how many other schools around the world did somethng similar to this.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
We had none of this when I was in school, that sucks lol. Primary school started at 8:55am and went to 2:55pm, and high school started at 8:45am and ended at 3:15pm.

The only time we got to start late was when the teachers were on strike lol

EDIT: Actually wait that's not true! On Thursday afternoons we had out of school sport, which meant we had to sign up to do something that they drove us to every week. I chose bowling every term because it's bowling and doesn't take any sort of physical exertion. Those days we got back at 3 rather than 3:15 so technically school finished at 3. Then in Year 12 we didn't have to do that anymore which meant that school ended at 12:20 :P

Sirfetch’d

When I was a Senior I had early release, but that was it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I remember when I was back in school. Almost 5 years ago, we would have one day out of the month, usually Wednesday Late start (noon to 2:45), only would have 3 classes, then the next day, usually Thursday, early dismissal (7:45 am till around Noon).

Years
Wow, I can wake up so late if I can school on your region. My Senior high school started the study from 06.45 a.m and ended at 01.20 p.m

For Friday, the time for school had a different time from whole day. The beginning times same as up there. But we ended it at 11.30 a.m
But the beginning time for school in Monday always changed. Sometimes started at 09.00 a.m ; 08.45 a.m or either 09.45 a.m

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
nothing like that for me :( :( and i don't want that
if my scul will start more late it will end around 4 or 5 pm :P :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I didn't have that at any of my schools growing up. When I was a senior, I had senior option and left and came to school late while taking classes out of school, but that wasn't something that was really set by the school as a designated day to come in late or anything like that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In my old school, my school started at 8:30 AM on Wednesdays, but I still had to come in earlier for speech therapy.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Yep, two of my four weekdays.
My mondays start at 11am and end at 4pm. This isn't too bad, at least compared to my tuesdays.
You see, my tuesdays start at 2pm and end at 9pm. -_-

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
I'm actually in college, so I go to school 2 days a week and have 2 classes those days. Starts at 8:30-10:30, then I have a 2-hour break, then the other class from 12:30-2:15. Class never runs the full 2 hours, though, and on test days, you leave after you hand in the test.

Years
The only times I get to go to school late are if there is a two hour delay from snow or hail etc. The only times I get out of school early are for half days and the OCCASIONAL snowstorm that's so bad that we get to leve early.

Yeah, my school sucks. D:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
No, but that would be absolutely amazing - a great time to catch up on sleep. Tbqh, I kind of wish we did since I don't get enough sleep as is.

Years
Never had a school with regular half days. There were some districts that'd have the occasional half-day due to admin stuff, iirc. Kind of wish it were a regular thing though. That would've been cool.

These days, instead of looking forward to half days, I look forward to short days at work. :)

Back