• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
Jack watched as Selena sat down beside him making a joke about class "Yeah it was the best" responding with the same sarcasm that Selena had when she asked him. "Nice to just have a chance to relax though" Jack laid back wanting to just appreciate the beauty of nature around him before hopping up quickly "Almost forgot about you guys" Jack shuffled through his bag and picked up his three pokeballs and let out his pokemon to enjoy the scenery like he was. Rocky the Onix just laid back in the sand trying to stay as far away from the water as possible, Blaze ran off to play with the other pokemon but was unfortunetly stopped when he reached the water while Blade just stood there staring into the ocean.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Duster ducked out of the way and taunted him.
"So, how do you feel now that you know you've got some serious competition for her heart!" she said with a laugh, teasing him about earlier. She splashed water back at him.

Bri retreated back to the shallows. He had gotten water up his nose on more than one occasion, and that hurt!
"Alright! Not even my trainer can beat me!" Drizzle said.
"Oh yeah? Drizzle, return!" bri said pointing his pokeball at him, "Ha, since you are out of the water, I win by default!" Brian called Drizzle back out.
"Ok, ok. I'll share the water! How about it, your frostyness? Want that swimming lesson?" Drizzle said. When all eyes, or most of them at any rate, turned to her, she turned a slight shade of red and said, "no." Brian smiled. She was coming out of her shell, bit by bit. Brian was glad for that. He dove back in the water, and floated on his back, staring at the sky.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype stood firm as water splashed his scuba mask directly. He blushed a little hearing his comment. ["What are ya talkin about? Ya sound like I like her or something."] Snype said making a bigger splash toward Duster. ["Hehe, She's nice, but seems a bit too moody for my taste. Kehehe... don't tell her I said that."] Snype said floating up in the water. He noticed Drizzle trying everythign he could to get Snivy into the water.

["If I was going to be with a female pokemon, I'd want her to be somewhat like myself I suppose. Who knows, I might run into someone like that someday. Kehehe"] Snype said kicking his feet in front of Duster to splash her a little more.

Nideous

Years
Snype was being serious, so Duster decided to be as well.
"Well, you'll meet someone you like, and that will be that! Snivy does seem a bit odd, but so are the rest of us, am I right?" Duster said, getting soaked by Snype. She swam past him, and using her tail, kicked up a huge storm of water at him. Drizzle gave up and swam out into deeper water. It was clear to him that she wouldn't let her guard down for a second. Being flirty wouldn't work on her. He would settle for being her friend if he had to. He saw loneliness in her, and that wasn't good. But until she let her guard down, he couldn't do anything about it.

Megaman765

Years
["Kehehe. I guess your right."] Snype said, taking in all of the water getting splashed on him. He retaliated with another splash of water. ["Somethings telling me that Drizzle over there is having a hard time getting attention from Snivy over there. Kehehe. She's one tough cookie to crack huh?"] Snype said, laughing a little bit. Snype swam a bit closer to her and floated side by side.

["Kehehehe, How about you? Any pokemon catch your fancy? I can keep a secret."] Snype said, nudging Duster a little. Funny how to conversation suddenly changed such a topic. But it seemed to be going nicely so far.

Nideous

Years
"Nah. I'm still by myself. But anyway... Your trainer looks really happy about something! Is he going to have a battle soon or something?" Duster asked. She floated there contentidly. She did not want the subject going there.
"So... On the subject of battling, you should have seen how Snivy and Drizzle fought! It made me want to go join them! I'd love a battle, right now even, but I don't know if Brian would like one," Duster said. Her gaze returned to Drizzle. He had somehow coaxed Snivy halfway down the beach, where he was showing off and she was throwing witty remarks at him. Brian had been swimming around all over the place. Duster had the feeling he was avoiding the beach for some reason. She didn't really care.

Megaman765

Years
Snype looked at Duster change the topic quickly to his own trainer. ["Kehehe. My trainer overthere is waiting for Valorie. Apparently he likes this girl! My job is to watch how he acts. Seriously he acts so different around her. Kehehehe."] Snype said regarding his trainer.

Mark almost forgot to send Len out of his Pokeball. As soon as he let him out, Len's eyes widened at the sight of the beach. It was paradise! He ran straight for the beach, toppling a little and joined Snype and Duster in the water practically swimming circles around them. Len then swam over to the buizel who seemed to be swimming and showing off. Two can play at that game! Len thought. Without even stopping to say hi to Snype or Duster, he went straight for Drizzle to swim along with him.

Snype lyed on the water on his back and crossed his legs. ["Kehehe, the hyperactive Len you see there is gonna be battling pretty soon. I'm not in the mood for battling though. Such a nice day to kick back and relax. Kehehe."] Snype said

["Hi!"] Len said cheerfully to Drizzle. ["Whatcha doooiiinnn? I'm Len!"] He said, his head slightly peeking out of the water. To Len, this Buizel seemed like quite the competition when it came to swimming in the water.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
After waiting for a bit, Valorie decided they must've gone without her. She didn't think she had taken that long, but perhaps she had lost track of time. It wasn't like she had a watch or anything. She headed off to the beach on her own, Dratini in tow, this time floating casually behind her trainer. Valorie had put on a thin, clear rubber belt that hugged her hips. Six clear plastic hooks could hold pokeballs, since she obviously needed somewhere to put them. She hoped it being clear would make it not clash with her outfit so much. It had frankly been a lot more expensive than normal pokeball carrying belt options, but on the other hand most options didn't hold up to swimming nearly as well. In the end, it wasn't like she broke the bank.

Valorie wandered along the beach until she spotted a familiar figure. After hesitating a moment to ask herself if that was who she thought it was, she jogged up towards Mark enthusiastically, Dratini easily keeping pace. Valorie noted that a pokemon who could fly so fast could probably lift small objects, or maybe it could only lift itself? She hadn't had time to test her theories, and so the mystery of what exactly Dratini could accomplish with its telekinetic powers was left unanswered.

"Hi Mark! You're ready for that battle?~"

Valorie was a lot more comfortable this time around, and her tone overflowed with confidence. She took the appearance of the proud trainer once more, eager to prove her worth. Valorie had always been very passionate about her training, and competitive in her battling. She was a hard worker with a big dream, to say the least.

-----------------------------
Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
Trapinch ♀ Lv. 15 (Bite, Dig, Rock Slide Facade, Return, Toxic)

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
"Oh alright. I totally understand what you mean. Human mating rituals are weird! But I don't care about that! Maybe I will find someone else to battle," Duster said. She rolled around in the water, loving the feeling when her back got wet.

"I'm Drizzle! See that girl over there? I'm trying to get her to like me. But don't you let her know that!" Drizzle whispered to the poliwag. He performed a complex manuever in the water, and the only reaction he got was, "Eh, not bad." Though that was better than some of what she said.

Brian splashed out of the water. He walked over to Snivy, waving at Valerie as he went.
"Hey Val! Glad you could make it!" Brian shouted to her. He sat down next to Snivy and grinned at her.
"Why don't you go join them? Drizzle clearly wants to play with you!" Brian said. She shook her head, and sat watching the pokemon in the water.

Megaman765

Years
Mark immediately noticed Valorie finally arrived to the beach. She ran right toward Mark and right away said if he was ready to battle. "Hiya Valorie! I'm more then ready to battle! Ah, I think your opponent over there ran off. Whaddaya say we go catch up to him in the water?" Mark said, referring to Len. Mark got up from his Sun Lounger and looked around for Len. He had been far out into the ocean playing with that Buizel Bri caught earlier. "there he is! Lets go!" Mark called out to Valorie as he ran to the water.

Len swam up and down in the water doing some of his own stunts. ["Aw comon! Surely you can do more tricks then that! Try making some of your stunts more flashy!"] He said to Drizzle. Len dove underwater and darted himself up to the air, diving back into the water causing a fairly large splash. He noticed that Mark had been running toward him. ["Good luck with Snivy over there! I have a battle to attend to!"] Len said as he swam up to his owner.

Len hoped up into Mark's arms happily. "Hey there Len! Ready for a battle?" Len hopped up and down in excitement and dove back into the water. Assuming Valorie followed Mark, He turned around and looked at her. "Lets find a spot in the water that isn't so crowded for our battle." Mark said to her. "Heres to a good battle!" Mark said extending his hand for a handshake. A small wave hit Mark's waist. "Ya look nice by the way." He complimented

Snype looked in the distance that Valorie had arrived and that Len was gonna get himself into a battle. "Kehehe. Human mating rituals... right... kehehe." He Simpily responded as he continued relaxing on his back.

Dawn

Years
Valorie looked to Brian as she spoke.

"Yeah..! Sorry I'm late. I got caught up with stuff."

Then Mark had mentioned that her opponent had run off. For a moment she seemed confused, but then seemed to get that he was talking about his pokemon. She followed Mark into the water, starting to wonder where exactly they were going to be having their battle. Her question was answered when Mark offered his hand to her. They were battling in the water. She silently noted that two of her pokemon couldn't even do that at all to begin with. Well, that certainly took the burden of choosing off her shoulders.

Meanwhile, Dratini dove into the water cheerily. Valorie knew that Dratini traditionally preferred the water, and that they had no qualms with salt water. She was happy to see her pokemon enjoy itself. Meanwhile, her other two pokemon weren't overly enthusiastic about being underwater even in their pokeballs. Of course, they were perfectly safe in there. They just didn't like water all that much either way.

Valorie extended her hand and grasped Marks. Once again she attempted to show him a strong grip, though she lacked much raw strength to back it up. Unintentionally, she found herself holding his hand after a brief shake, and he had even complimented her looks. She found herself ever so slightly flustered, though she quickly hid such. She was not going to kill this conversation with awkwardness.

"Here's hoping. Thanks..! I'm glad you think so. I've gotta look my best, right? ... I like your new swim trunks."

She had subtly teased him about his old ones, subtle in the sense that it was set off by her complimenting his looks in return in an honest fashion. She then let go of his hand and floated back a bit, Dratini floating around her under the water.

Charmander ♀ Lv. 14 (Scratch, Smokescreen, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
Dratini ♀ Lv. 17 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)

Nideous

Years
"Drizzle! Get your sorry butt out of the way!" Snivy yelled. He was in the way of their battle. Drizzle came up to shore and stretched out on the beach. Brian chuckled at him. Maybe he had finally wore himself out.
"Giving up? It's about time!" Snivy said.
"Not giving up, just giving it a rest. I'm tired, and you won't come to me, so I'll have to come to you!" Drizzle said with a yawn. Snivy didn't look like she cared either way. She lay back down in the sun. Brian was a little nervous. Two battles going on right here? Maybe he had better sneak away. Then he remembered that Duster was still in the water with Snype. He would have to stick around until she came back to shore!

Megaman765

Years
Snype noticed that Mark and Valorie were going to battle fairly soon. He grabbed onto Duster and pulled her away from where the action was about to begin in the same fashion that Duster "saved" Snype from the brawl Bri and Drizzle were having. ["Guess I gotta return the favor and save you as well eh? Kehehehe"] He joked. ["Wanna head back to Shore or do you still wanna swim around?"] He asked.

Mark blushed red when Valorie commented on his swim trunks. "U...um... thanks! Heh..." He said nervously. Seems like black was a good color rather then those flashy blue ones. She was even holding his hand a little longer after their shake. That was another sign for sure. He smiled to her as she floated backwards with Dratini. Poliwag popped up from under the water and peeked his head up looking at both of them.

Mark stood up on his feet in the water. The water had been just about up to his waist where they were at and the waves weren't too big. Perfect day for a battle! "Well Valorie, I'm ready whenever you are! I'll let you start off!" Mark said to her.

Dawn

Years
Valorie stood up as well, stretching her arms before issuing a command by pointing in Len's general direction. She had a large grin on, still oozing all that confidence from earlier.

"Ladies first? Alright! Dratini, use Double Team!"

Dratini responded by abruptly splitting into two identical clones of itself. THere was no immediate difference to be seen between the two... by the naked eye. Although water simply passed through the clone, this didn't really help much underwater, though it would probably fail to make a splash or noise when exiting or entering the water. Valorie knew this would be slightly problematic, but also knew that Dratini didn't really /need/ to surface unless Len flew, which she was fairly sure he couldn't. The two Dratinis stared down Len, passively awaiting his move. They weren't even moving evasively, though there was no guarantee they wouldn't start doing so.

"You know what to do, Dratini."

Valorie was well aware that Dratini's underwater hearing was far superior to her own, which as a human being wasn't very good. Thus, there was no significant difference in how she spoke. She had a plan in mind, a plan Mark had possibly already witnessed, unless he hadn't been paying attention at that particular point Valorie's battle with Selene.

Megaman765

Years
Len dove underwater as soon as Valorie gave off the command. Valorie's Dratini started off with Double Team. He remembered it used this trick in her last battle... she used it really cleverly. But Mark was prepared. Len had a technique to deal with this kind of move. Len already know how to start it off.

"Alright Len, Let's check which one of those Dratini's are real." He said. Len closed his eyes and used Mind reader to see which one of the Dratini was actually giving off brain waves. He could read the correct ones mind and was locked on for an attack. "Alright! Attack her with Return!" Len swam up the real Dratini. With Mind Reader, he could predict it's first movement. Len got up close and bashed right into her!

Dawn

Years
Dratini panic'd a bit when Len came at her and cried out, the water preventing her from flying back far as she was hit with the attack. Yet... as she was hit her body began to spark with electricity. Just because Len had targeted correctly didn't mean she wouldn't follow up with her second defensive attack. Dratini proceeded to launch a weak but accurate bolt of electricity at Len with intention to paralyze. One could say that how close they were was an advantage, but really Valorie would've preferred if Dratini hadn't taken the hit.

"Good job Dratini! Don't let its luck get to you!"

Valorie of course was unaware of the weakness in Dratini's illusion. She didn't know that the clones could be exposed via mind reader. It wasn't something she had encountered yet. In fact, she wasn't even completely sure what mind reader did. The name suggested it should've told Len about the incoming Thunder Wave. Perhaps it simply knew that dodging a well placed thunder wave was not all that great odds to bet on? She couldn't tell yet. It hadn't yet occurred to her that Dratini only had one mind to read between it and its clones.

004qh.gif
147zq.gif
328u.gif
---
---
---

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
"Woah! Len! Watch out!" Len tried to pull away from the thunder wave but was hit, and completely crippled. The paralysis left him slightly helpless but Len wasn't ready to give up just yet. Mark could feel the little jolts of electricty hitting his legs. He really hoped that Dratini didn't have any more electric moves. That combined with water would result in both of them having numb legs for a pretty good long time.

Unfortunately, Mind reader couldn't exactly read minds. Len wasn't that skilled with the technique yet. For now, he could only follow the brain waves of pokemon to figure out where they would be next which would always ensure that Len gets a hit on his opponent.

"Comon Len! We just started the battle! Lets not let her get the best of you! We got some tricks of our own!" Mark exclaimed, smirking at Valorie. "Use hypnosis!" Len's swirl like pattern on his stomach began to swirl around and around. He aimed it straight toward Dratini's eyes.

Dawn

Years
Valorie might've been more alarmed, but she was well aware of the fact that Dratini could breath underwater.

"Dratini, don't look at it!"

Dratini attempted to shift its gaze away, but was taken by surprise, and drifted off to sleep. Being unable to swim while asleep, Dratini floated to the surface. Interestingly, Dratini's clone neither disappeared nor copied Dratini. It simply floated there, unmoving unblinking and unreacting. It was deathly still, making it quite obvious that it was not real. Valorie made a frustrated noise. How long would Dratini be out, she wondered?

004qh.gif
147zq.gif
328u.gif
---
---
---

Megaman765

Years
Dratini was sound asleep! This was the perfect chance for an opening attack! Len took the opportunity and swam right beneath the snoozing Dratini. Mark smirked. Maybe this battle would actually go in his favor. As long as he kept with this strategy he would be able to get through with no problem!

"Alright Len! Hit it from below with Return!" Mark said. Len swam straight up to Dratini as fast as he could, Paralysis crippling him a little. He jumped straight out from below, hitting Dratini was his head. "Good work Len!" Mark called out, Proud of his pokemon. Len went back into the water and peeked his head above the water. He was anticipating Dratini's next move...

"Len don't go too overboard alright? We don't want to take a trip to the Pokemon center like last time." Len nodded in approval.

Dawn

Years
Valorie cringed at the attack. Dratini was hit from below and flew into the air from the impact. Needless to say, it couldn't sleep through something like that. Dratini wriggles around in the air, righting itself and floating this time out of the water. The clone soon joined it.

"Dratini, avoid looking directly at Len! Use Dragon Rage!"

Dratini leaned back in the air a bit, a purple ball of flames forming at its mouth. The ball then abruptly exploded outwards, a torrent of draconian fire. Unlike regular fire, draconian fire laughed at the concept of water resisting it, and pierced straight into the water with no difficulty. The flames traveled very fast, making it a pretty accurate attack disregarding anything that would make it harder or easier to dodge. Dratini proceeded to plunge back down into the water, its clone going with it. They both swirled around and through each other as they plunged until it became impossible to tell which was which, which honestly wouldn't take long.

004fxt.png
147cl.png
328p.png
---
---
---

Last edited:
Back