• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Numeva Town or Aspertia City?

Nuvema or Aspertia?

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In Pokémon Black and White and Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, you start out in different places, Numeva Town and Aspertia City respectively. Both places are very different, with Numeva Town being very similar to the traditional Pokémon starting town, and Aspertia City being completely different to anything we've had before, with a Pokémon Centre, Gym, Trainer School, etc.

Which did you like better? Where would you rather start? Do you rather the tradition of Numeva, or the freshness of Aspertia?

Discuss!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the freshness of Aspertia. It also has the best music out of the starting towns, IMO, and the lookout's scenery was just gorgeous.

Bankaism

I don't like either location but if I had to choose anyway I'd want to start with Asperita because of the viewpoint.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I don't really prefer either one - I like them both, each for their own reasons. Nuvema Town is nice and comfortable - a typical Pokemon starting town, and a quiet place to go home to. Apertia City was a surprise - after so many years, I just didn't expect to start in anything other than a little town, and it was strange to start in something more like a city, with a gym and a PC and everything. It was a nice change, though all in all it didn't strike me as notably better or worse - just refreshingly different.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nuvema's nostalgic so I'm going that route, although Aspertia's look out was nice. I miss you, Nuvema!!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I do like Nuvema's location more, but Aspertia takes the cake AND the side of ice cream, it's my favorite starting town :9

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Aspertia City for sure. School/Gym, Lookout, big, it's just a really nice place to start. Usually we always only ever have the small three home town to come from, but now we have an actual town with a realistic population (well, as realistic as these games are gonna get).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
If only this was a poll... :(

Anyway, I'd go for Aspertia City. Nice scenery, nice gym, but also the best music you'll ever hear!

Years
Aspertia was much different from any hometown that we've seen in the past, which gives it a leg up over Nuvema in my opinion. No previous hometown had anything other than houses or a lab, whereas Aspertia gave us a school, Gym, Pokemon Center/Mart and a couple apartments. And even though it didn't serve much purpose after the beginning of the game, I loved the lookout in Aspertia as well.

Years
I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and go with Aspertia. Nuvema was nice, and I liked the little animation when you left your house of the pidoves, (or woobats if it was night time) but Aspertia was so different than what we were used to, and had that awesome lookout point. (also the leaf animation was cool too!) Aspertia was a breath of fresh air, and super cool to look at, so it gets my vote!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Not going with the most posters here, Nuvema town as Aseptia town is not what I would call a starting town. To me a starting town is a town with just the lab and a few houses, not a gym leader, pokemon center and mart.

Sirfetch’d

Aspertia for me. I just loved finally being able to start your adventure in a bigger town that has more than 3 houses and the lookout was just OMG beautiful. Nuvema still is a nice little town though.

Years
Gonna have to go with Aspertia City. The music was just amazing, the leaf animation at the very start just set the scene, the view point is amazing, you got cameos from BW, and the city, despite the break of the dinky town tradition, felt like a better starting point than Nuvema town. Nuvema town has been done before and we didn't experience anything new, but the feeling you get from Aspertia is almost like the experience of the first town of the first pokémon game you played.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't really like Aspertia City. It think it's shape bothers me.

So I voted for Nuvema.

Back