• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Wow, this is the first time the Dragon Gym Leader won't be the last Gym.

I was predicting Shizui to be 7th, which was close. Now, what will his badge be called?

I'm liking the order:

Spoiler:

Yeah, how do you feel about this being the first time where the Dragon Gym Leader is not the last Gym Leader?

Last edited:

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Im still surprised O__o

It doest look right that drayden is before shizui, butttt

IM HAPPY ^__^

anyways i was thinking that since in b/w the main protagonist, cheren, and bianca were close friends it wouldnt be right that Hilda or Hilbert werent there

Sooo
I THOUGHT THIS FIRST!!!!!!
I have speculation that the older Hilbert or Hilda is the champion replacing Alder

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Im still surprised O__o

It doest look right that drayden is before shizui, butttt

IM HAPPY ^__^

anyways i was thinking that since in b/w the main protagonist, cheren, and bianca were close friends it wouldnt be right that Hilda or Hilbert werent there

Sooo
I THOUGHT THIS FIRST!!!!!!
I have speculation that the older Hilbert or Hilda is the champion replacing Alder

According to Bulbapedia's Translation, Alder is still champion. And seeing as we have two Gendered PCs for B/W they can't really include Hilbert/Hilda without someone trying to sue them.

That's why when Steven met the PC in HG/SS he said they reminded him of a nother pair of trainers that looked the same referring to May and Brandon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Since Shizui is last and was shown to have three Pokemon all hopes of there being more than three this time around have dropped to null.

It sucks that Alder's the champ Imo...

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I can't even begin to describe how unbelievably easy the first two gym leaders sound. Cheren's team can easily be beaten down by just your starter as long as it's at around the same level as his Pokemon. Speaking of levels, both Cheren and Homika have weaker teams than the Striaton trio and Lenora, respectively, so they're slightly weaker even in that aspect.

Also, I think it would have made more sense to have Shizui replace Brycen as the 7th leader and have Drayden maintain his position as the 8th leader. Could Drayden as the 7th leader mean a downgraded/watered down version of his team from B/W, a la Cheren with Lenora?

Massively disappointed. I'm hoping that the other gym leaders make things more interesting. I'd like to see more interesting Pokemon on the leader's teams. Maybe Burgh could have an Accelgor, or Shizui a Carracosta?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I expected Drayden to be the last Gym Leader like in the original Black; why GameFreak put Shizui in as the last Gym Leader is beyond me.

And as for the gym lineups, I can't help but wonder why Homika has an underlevelled Whirlipede (I'm guessing for difficulty reasons?).

Years
Hmm considering Cheren gym is in the home town (kind of explains the low levels as the Pc proably hasn't traveled far) means the player will have to do some training on the route outside of town... it'll be something different for sure...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm starting to think that Cheren has a playground for his school, and that's where you battle him and any trainers he may have under him. It'd be so adorable if they were preschoolers!

Years
Well that would explain why they would have a battle outside, perhaps it can be a mix of pre schoolers and normal school boys and possibly teacher class trainers here and there.
Shizui will likely have swimmers. Elesa will have the return of the beauties. Drayden-Ace and dragon tamers. Burgh- clowns again. Clay- construction workers.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Found this picture for the badge case:

20120621-124236.jpg

Does not look like anyone else got visual changes according to that since everyone else seems to have the same pixel art.

Also Burgh's team is: Level 22 Swadloon, Level 22 Dwebble, Level 24 Leavanny

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Burgh's team is awful. His original team was better. At least he had more diversity with Whirlipede.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
His team is +1 level higher than in B/W though XD

Also Homika has Whirlipede so blame her for him losing it. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Burgh is just horrible period. :c
But I like his team better this time.

HOMIKA YOU THIEF. But I can't wait for Shizui's reveal! <3333333333333

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
So Burgh's team... Eh, not too fussed, still would of like to see a non-Unova Bug-type in his team though. I love Elesa's eye-catch. Those shades are awesome.

And yup, Drayden looks like he's been demoted. I just hope his team's levels aren't that low, judging by the first two gym leaders and their Pokemon though I'm feeling that. I'll be fine to keep them 38-41 or maybe a tad higher to emphasize the time-skip.

Years
Pretty disappointed with Burgh's team.

It's the same as in B/W but they replaced his Whirlipede with a Swadloon, probably because Homika has Whirlipede.

Shizui being the final Gym surprised me though, and I want to point this out - this is the first time a Dragon Gym Leader isn't the last Gym. What do you think of this change?

Cheren's team is basically a scaled-down version of Lenora's, which was a bit disappointing.

Perriechu

Years
Pretty disappointed with Burgh's team.

It's the same as in B/W but they replaced his Whirlipede with a Swadloon, probably because Homika has Whirlipede.

Shizui being the final Gym surprised me though, and I want to point this out - this is the first time a Dragon Gym Leader isn't the last Gym. What do you think of this change?

Cheren's team is basically a scaled-down version of Lenora's, which was a bit disappointing.

It's not the first time. RBY, Emerald and DPPt didn't have dragon types. Giovanni had Ground, Juan had Water and Voltner had Electric. In fact Dragon was only used in the final gym in Johto.

Also Elesa's team is Emolga & Flaaffy at Level 28 and Zebstrika at Level 30

I WAS RIGHT

Last edited:

Years
Burgh is actually easier to take down with a Tepigs line than he was in BW...I guess I won't have much of a challenge when facing against him. They really should've gone with giving him a non Unova Pokemon. The fact that two (Cheren and Burgh) lack non Unova Pokemon while two do (Homika and Elesa (so far it's only the girls who are diversifying away from Unova...)) makes me think that perhaps half of the region will be all Unova...

Perriechu

Years
Clay's team is;

Krokorok & Sandslash at Level 31 and Excadrill at Level 33

Years
Clay's team looks good, almost the same as B/W but with Sandslash replacing Palpitoad.

Maybe this could signal Seismitoad on Shizui's team? He is the final Gym so expect him with a team of fully evolved Pokes.

Perriechu

Years
Skylar's team is Swoobat and Skarmory at Level 37 and Swanna at Level 39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back