• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] Pokémon for Ace

How should Pokemon storage be handled?

• With Yanfly's script.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • With a separate, but unified box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With individual boxes that is a list of names.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Another way. (Please tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
This is a Kit for RPG Maker VX Ace that allows users to create Pokemon Games while still using the database to keep compatibility with other custom scripts.

More information about the project is available on my blog at REDACTED FOR USING ADFLY. How does it use the database you might ask, well by using the noteboxes located in almost every tab of the database to implicate the custom features. My main reason for doing such is so that a user can take advantage of the features(traits) system that Ace has provided. You can still use external text files to add notes (this would mainly be useful for adding trainers because they have a lot of notetags that need to be added to set them up properly or for notes that are universal across all Pokemon(such as abilities or pokerus)

Screenshots
Spoiler:

What you can do to help.
1. If you find a script that allows for the use of animated GIF images for battles among other things that would be appreciated.
2. You can compile resources for the Kit (Pokemon following sprites are already in place) such as Battlers or Tilesets. More on resource contributing later on in the Post. (If you plan to do so please message me first, so you don't create something that I already have from another source)
3. Suggesting custom scripts that might help the project. I will provide feedback on the scripts (Usually one of the following A. Thank you that works. B. Sorry that doesn't seem to fit my needs for the project. C. This system is already in place D. Sorry the script has compatibility issues.) Again if you plan to write one specifically for this kit message me so you don't make something that is already there
4. Give suggestions on how things could be done or improved (this will mainly be ready once the project goes to beta leading up to the full resease)

Resourse rules
Please read all points before contributing reasoures.
1. Tilesets need to be compatible with VX Ace (No XP Tiles)
2. Battlers are to be named like the attachments dictate ({national pokedex no.(3 digits)}_{form id usually 0}{if shiny put lowercase s on the end} female forms are considered form id 1 in this kit) This can either be in .gif format were the image is animated or in .png were one image is static and another image with the same name that has all the frames with [anim] after the name. See attachments for examples.
3. Animations should have a project with it having the animation set up. (please include all sound effects needed for the animation.)
4. Characters are to be in either single image format (notated with a $ on the front of the file name or in the 8 image format (again I don't need Pokemon following.
5. Keep all images that aren't tilesets in their original size. It helps when it comes to making door images and buildings.(By that I mean at the size that they are in the handheld games.
6. Please make sure that .gif images don't have chopped up frames.
7. Thank you for following directions you may now contribute resources. :mew2:

Good Places to Get Resources
(Bellow is a collection of sprites that could be used to get resources.)

Credit

Scripts:(All mini scripts are mine)
  • Crystal Noel (obviously)
  • Yanfly
  • Victor Sant
  • Yami
  • Dekita
  • Tuskihime
  • GubiD
  • TDS
  • Estriole
  • Xzeph
  • Mr. Bubble
  • TheoAllen
  • William Couillard
  • Syvkal
  • Moghunter
  • Fomar0153
  • Galv
  • DiamondandPlatinum
  • Khas Arcthunder
  • Kread-EX
  • Mithran
  • Xypher
  • Eugene222
  • Casper Gaming
    J
  • et10985
  • Modern Algebra
  • Ventwig
  • Nicke
  • DerTraveler
  • Shaz
  • Cremno
  • KilloZapit
  • Saba Kan
  • Raizen
  • FL

Resources:
  • kurai
  • MrMasterMrDoom
  • P-Sign
  • Clowcardruler
  • Maruno
  • Venom12
  • FL .
  • apoclaydon
  • Jtanooki
  • Rick1234
  • wvistaultimate
  • Timmah
  • snivy101
  • tebited15
  • wesleyfg
  • jellojolteon
  • Mindnitez-REMIX
  • AzRaezel
  • Scanime
  • EvilEagles
  • Melody Storm
  • TyranitarDark
  • Chris Marsh
  • Sheano
  • Dusty Collector
  • RPG Maker Times
  • More Cowbell
  • GrandmaDeb
  • The Dreaming Boy 88
  • Dashinghero
  • PhoenixOfLight92
  • Everyone involved in this Sprite Project

The attached thumbnails are very long and not so tall, but most web browsers the cursor should change if you are over one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Only thing I can say is, I hope the Pokemon menu isn't always gonna be like that in the future. If it is, this isn't that good of a Starter Kit.

Crystal Noel

Years
Only thing I can say is, I hope the Pokemon menu isn't always gonna be like that in the future. If it is, this isn't that good of a Starter Kit.
I'm using a custom menu script, so the options can be rearranged in any order. The status window is hidden unless it is needed. I will add an option to hide the gold window if so desired. Mainly all of the scenes are not ready yet and I don't have a custom window skin yet. I will upload a new screenshot once the menu is finished. Is there anything else the menu could use?

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
As what Nintendork15 says, if your kit does not look 100% like Pokemon, no one will be drawn to your kit, even if it has the best features.

It seems as if you have a lot of features though and I like that though. Just have to update the menus to Pokemon ones and you're almost done.

Crystal Noel

Years
As what Nintendork15 says, if your kit does not look 100% like Pokemon, no one will be drawn to your kit, even if it has the best features.

It seems as if you have a lot of features though and I like that though. Just have to update the menus to Pokemon ones and you're almost done.

As I said above I don't have a window skin yet and the options are not in place yet. I will probably make a multiple window skin script so that the windows vary by the use. The only issue that presents is with rotation battles having different positioning as opposed to triple battles and it would be a hassle to have to have the user change that back and forth between the positioning.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
I could compile a tileset, it may take a while because I'm away next week but I'll start the week after if you want.

Crystal Noel

Years
I could compile a tileset, it may take a while because I'm away next week but I'll start the week after if you want.

Thank you, that would be helpful. Any format from DPPt is fine. My only request is them as area type sets. Field is for world maps (like this one from the Final Fantasy series) which is not in Pokemon Games, due to the fact that they connect fluently together.
The best bet for buildings it to put them in B-E Tilesets because autotiles are too limited for this. Also, if you choose to do HGSS, I would make the sign in front of the Pokemart a character set so it can spin.

Rayquaza.

Years
It'll probably be along the lines of BW. I am we'll aware of the limitations of autotiles in VX and VXA as I have experimented countless times with the tilesets.

Crystal Noel

Years
I hope this isn't too demanding, but if you could include door character sets for the tileset because RTP doors will look awkward with BW tiles.

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
Now have 3 Window skins
Spoiler:

I want to have about 20 different ones for the player to cycle between in the options. So now I am accepting them as resources. If you have a Pokemon window skin please by all means contribute it to the kit, you get your name in the credits list if you do so.

Crystal Noel

Years
New update:
  • You now can have only 4 moves (or as many as you like)
  • V.S. Sequences are in place
  • Message can be displayed any were

P.S.
I really need help obtaining battlers. So as of now I would like them sent to me as strips with [anim] at the end because it seems that .gif images will not work at all in Ace.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
this looks good and imho i couldnt care less if it 'looks' like pokémon as long as it works like pokémon after all this is a pc version not a gameboy version so things can looks a tonne better

Crystal Noel

Years
this looks good and imho i couldnt care less if it 'looks' like pokémon as long as it works like pokémon after all this is a pc version not a gameboy version so things can looks a tonne better
Finally, someone who agrees with my mentality. It seems like Pokémon and Final Fantasy fans don't like change. People don't seem to understand that the point of the kit is to make Pokémon games with Ace's engine, not with text files and an engine that is very different.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
i love pokemon and final fantasy (pokémon with materia would be scary but kool at the same time :S)

will this follow the same rules as the pokémon games though (evo types, trade, 4 move max etc)

Crystal Noel

Years
i love pokemon and final fantasy (pokémon with materia would be scary but kool at the same time :S)

will this follow the same rules as the pokémon games though (evo types, trade, 4 move max etc)
Yes it will have all the usual features. I set it up in a way that you can comment out or delete features you don't want.
  • Types are set up as states for easier management.
  • Move limit can be changed to any number greater an 0 and can be different for you and enemies.
  • I can't guarantee game to game trade, but I can assure you that in-game trades will be present.(Don't worry I have plans to make alternatives for trade evolution via item like done in Essentials).
  • Most data for species is done by the class notebox making changing the data as simple as a class change and refreshing the actor

P.S. Pokémon with Materia would be cool. Actually there is a script for Materia for Ace. The only issue with the idea is that your Pokémon would have to be holding an item to use Materia. Although you could just change the equips slots in script.

Rayquaza.

Years
Yeah, I agree with that - CNG's kit is basically dead. There have been no updates for quite some time so this one will hopefully be the first kit for VXA.

Back