• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters

Aquaduc(k)

Pokemon Every Damn Day
Years
This looks extremely impressive. Since this is coming from someone with no rom hack experience it might not mean much, but wow. the storyline and the incorporation of all these different events looks insane, cant wait to play this. I'm very behind on rom hacks, I recently had to completely restore my computer so all my save files are gone -.-. But I guess I'll be starting with yours, haha. Also cool to see that there is more then one person repping Connecticut, sweeet.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8841313/1/

I happened to see this today. To be honest I was surprised there was anything positive to say about this hack at all; I always thought, and still think, it's really pretty bad. I guess the competition these days tho is even worse, lel.

This hack is dead. I hate it and am never working on it again. But hopefully I can do something better in the future. By the way, even with Karatekid as a mod this place is still terrible, so I won't be posting again for awhile. Just thought I'd say officially say it's dead, for anyone who cares. I'm glad people liked it at least a little even if it sucks.

gl

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8841313/1/

I happened to see this today. To be honest I was surprised there was anything positive to say about this hack at all; I always thought, and still think, it's really pretty bad. I guess the competition these days tho is even worse, lel.
Well there is a lot of positive things to say about this hack, but I can (for almost certainly) say that there are gotta be negative things about it as well. In overall though, I think this is far more than a decent hack. And you're probably right though - most "hackers" don't know what they're doing so there is not much to compete against (if one wanted to think of hacking as challenging others' projects). I personally hack because of challenging my own abilities, and due to a desire of getting a project done and sharing an unique game for everyone to play.

This hack is dead. I hate it and am never working on it again. But hopefully I can do something better in the future. By the way, even with Karatekid as a mod this place is still terrible, so I won't be posting again for awhile. Just thought I'd say officially say it's dead, for anyone who cares. I'm glad people liked it at least a little even if it sucks.
If you don't like it, try thinking of plans for something new. It doesn't mean you even have to have plans for making an actual hack right now. But there is a good chance you will eventually come up with something that you feel like should exist as a playable game. Whether or not you are up to the task of implementing that idea into a game is the next thing to think about.

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2019
OK, in stuck. I'm in new caa'an after i found out that this girl was evil. And I'm lookin for the 7th gym and can't find it. Where should i go?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I noticed that the link of this hack is gone, I do remember I had the patch, I found it and fixed some gamebreaking glitches and you can download it here.

I have fixed these things:
1. Entering some houses may lead you to a broken map.
2. A gamebreaking event in the Town of Greenwich.
3. The broken tiles in Outset Town.
4. The broken league entrance.
I have added these things:
1. The Ginyu Fource's script.
2. The champion battle(I don't know who is the champion, so I used the main character of Pokemon 2Awesome, don't ask me why he looks the same as player.)
3. I recycled the map of Green Mtn. Base, however, I don't know what will happen in there, so I simply added a cave in which you can catch Kyogre(I know you are not supposed to catch any legendaries, but that's the only way to make that map useful).
Screenshots:
4HjKRIY.png

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q7uuy2v5b7dybyy/Pokemon_Hyetology_Beta_v1.2_Fixed.zip/file

Years
I noticed that the link of this hack is gone, I do remember I had the patch, I found it and fixed some gamebreaking glitches and you can download it here.

2. The champion battle(I don't know who is the champion, so I used the main character of Pokemon 2Awesome, don't ask me why he looks the same as player.)
3. I recycled the map of Green Mtn. Base, however, I don't know what will happen in there, so I simply added a cave in which you can catch Kyogre(I know you are not supposed to catch any legendaries, but that's the only way to make that map useful).
Screenshots:
4HjKRIY.png

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q7uuy2v5b7dybyy/Pokemon_Hyetology_Beta_v1.2_Fixed.zip/file
can you add ash as champion of the pokemon league or another hero like the pokemon platinum hero ??

ookamishadows

ookamishadows
Years

Screenshots:
4HjKRIY.png

Download link:

Dude, you rock. Thanks for always fixing and resurrecting great games. You have my respect

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Screenshots:
4HjKRIY.png

Download link:

I did some research on Pokemon 2Awesome and as a result, I came up with a better idea about the champion. I decided to use a trainer who had his custom battle sprite in 2Awesome as the champion, and according to the storyline of this game, he was supposed to be the final boss(I think).
So I updated the patch to change the champion battle event, and I deleted some useless date in the game to make it smaller. The old link still works:

Last edited:

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Mmm nice to know,I'll check out your work soon.
Hoping it becomes one of my favourite hacks around!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 19, 2020
I did some research on Pokemon 2Awesome and as a result, I came up with a better idea about the champion. I decided to use a trainer who had his custom battle sprite in 2Awesome as the champion, and according to the storyline of this game, he was supposed to be the final boss(I think).
So I updated the patch to change the champion battle event, and I deleted some useless date in the game to make it smaller. The old link still works:

Oh my Arceus thank you! I honestly been wanting to play this but the game breaking glitches in it would destroy my save file every time! I kinda love pokemon hacks with dark storylines.

Years
Just read the game overview.
I like everything except that the protag is yet again another league kid. could have been an investigator or police officer or something.

Downloading it regardless

Years

Is this standalone or i need to download the latest ups from the OP first? (in case i need to do that, that link is down..)

Back