• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Minecraft City Construction Challenge

marcc5m

what
Years
You can get all the information here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/607484-challenge-the-city-construction-challenge/
And yeah sorry the images are so big.

Stage One:

Spoiler:

Years
Pretty nice build tbh, though the pine trees look horrid imho. I'd recommend using smooth stone as a) it's fireproof and b) it looks sexier. Also, you should make mining your first concern. Go down and do strip mining at around Y: 12.6, and you'll be racking dem diamonds up pretty fast. Not to mention the tonnes of redstone and iron you'll get, which will probably be helpful. Idk if you plan on using redstone. But yeah, good luck! :3

edit so this post fails. i didn't read the first sentence/link. sorry >:

Years
Looks really cool! So it's like an adventure/ challenge map someone made?

(If you want some free capturing software:
http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/faq.html)

Edit: Looked at the thread, this time. Very awesome! I'm actually attempting it with a friend of mine.

Fireworks, are we allowed to post our progress in this thread too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
If the first page is edited to look like more of a public thread than one for yourself, Fireworks, I would be happy to let this go ahead, because I think it is a rather interesting challenge.​

Years
Let me try this!

Spoiler:

The real night is over, the in-game night not so much...
Spoiler:

Still not finished with Stage #1, I'm still lacking both the 10 food (I think I have 4 apples, and that's it) and the house is not completed yet either, I've been too lazy to do that so far.

Spoiler:

Stage 1 completed!
00000453.gif
Not beautifully (not at all), but when you're still struggling for survival, pragmaticism>beauty. And now I'll better quickly get some Torches and light that bedroom out.

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

Next I'll build a storehouse (mostly subterranean as I have more space there, but not part of the mine. Maybe I'll link them though, should they be close enough together), that should count as the "one community structure" I'll have to build apart from the Town Hall (which will have to wait). I guess I'll have to build some normal houses too, but, unlike the storehouse, they aren't necessities.

marcc5m

what
Years
Stage 2, Part a
Spoiler:

Not sure what to do for the community structure...any ideas?

Also I'm thinking of making a server for anyone who wants to do this in multiplayer, if anybody's interested. It'd probably have to be Hamachi though.

Years
Continuing a bit...
Spoiler:

I would, by the way, certainly be interested in a Hamachi server. I'm not too sure how well it would work out since I'm already experiencing massive lag when playing with people that almost live next-door (although that's probably the fault of the fact that I was the host and my laptop isn't really the strongest), but we could try.

Years
Is this already dead?
Spoiler:

Also, what's wrong with this, other than that I saw myself forced to doublepost
whistle.gif

Spoiler:

How did that happen?

Last edited:
Years
Stage 2 completed!
00000453.gif

Spoiler:

This is where things will get difficult and I'll have to start building all these fortifications. Of course, before they make sense, I'll have to build an actual town, too - right now all I have is a lousy peasant's hut, two wheat farms that produce more seeds that wheat, four animal pens, two of which are a bit overcrowded a mine, a storehouse, and that town hall. What kind of town is that, without more than one regular house?

Back