• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If pokemon were real?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Hey, my first thread! Anyway, how do you guys think life would be like if all the pokemon from the regions were real? Give your opinions and maybe post a story about what it might be like.

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Not too long? You trying to kill me? ;_;

For a short answer, let's assume Pokemon were introduced into our world since the beginning of time (as introducing them now would be a disaster, and I've already written about that).

Life... would be about the same as it is now. Except with Pokemon. Wow, well that was sort of underwhelming. :\

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
Hello Mangofive!

I think i would be great! I have actually made a pokemon in real life short film :) This is my first post and i have to post 15 to share the video to you guys. I will post it then :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
It would be so bad lol. There'd be too much "Team Rocket" people trying to steal and whatnot. But... It'd be cool because I can own a Pikachu. ^_^

Years
Life would pretty much be the same as in the games. In a small way, animals in our world are similar to pokemon in the games and TV show. People and pokemon would get along, although some would fight and abuse them. I dont think we would battle pokemon, because there would be some sort of PETA organisation (or PETP) putting a stop to it. We don't battle animals today. That's just my opinion though.

Spaniard.King

spain does it for real
Years
i'd obviously be the pokemon champoin and demolish all those weaker, just because am beast. just kidding. probably just own a gible and we'd battle and what not. i can't even imagine how a pokemon would look if it was real like actually real in front of you not in drawing, cartoon mode. hmmmm makes me wonder.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Sorry dbp, I am going to change that. You can write as much as you want (that goes for everybody now) so enjoy!
And to WogCA,

It would be so bad lol. There'd be too much "Team Rocket" people trying to steal and whatnot. But... It'd be cool because I can own a Pikachu. ^_^

I mean without the team rocket, cause they would be causing a whole bunch of problems :3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
If Pokemon were real... as long as we stayed in town near higher populations we would be fine. It would be incredibly dangerous to try and train a pokemon. Have you ever tried to train a dog? It's hard to teach it to sit. And you want to teach a Poochyena to Tackle something?

Life isn't like a cartoon. If Pikachu decides to Thundershock you... you're gonna be lying on the ground, randomly shaking.

If Charmander lights you on fire with an Ember... you best put it out or you are going to be a Kentucky Fried Human.

If Bulbasaur gets mad and attacks you with Razor Leaf... you're going to need a lot of bandaids.

If Squirtle hoses you down with a Water Gun that has more power than a fire hydrant.... you will not be getting up anytime soon and on top of that you will smell like turtle vomit, cause where else does the water come from?

I've thought long and hard about what it would be like if Pokemon were real. It would be dangerous. Oh! Another analogy...

People run around screaming and swatting at Bees like they're going to die or something. If you swat at a Beedrill... *plays funeral theme*

Sir Codin

My two cats would probably be Purrloins and they'd do the exact same thing they do now...

Sit around all day and do nothing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
If I could have my own bug-type insectarium, I think I'd be in heaven. Scizor would go EVERYWHERE with me.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Life would be different for how i see it. I mean, it might be the same as the games and anime series kind of. Of course, if pokemon survived as long as we did, then life would be normal then. It would be sweet, but frightening though if pokemon lived in our real world.

Years
If Pokemon were real, I would probably live in Lavender Town with my darling Cubone. I've adored Cubone as a little kid, and cannot see myself with any other pokemon out of all of them :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
Awwww, you can't live without me? Hehe. If Pokemon were real... we'd be talking Pokemon in the real work. As for the united states... I think you could find Cubones in the deserts of Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd take to the skies on a giant ass flying type like Ho-Oh or Rayquaza, I can't even begin to imagine how much adrenaline would be going through me at the time.

droomph

weeb
Years
I would like to have a Grovyle, but for the most part I don't think life would be any different. Animals can kill you now, you just don't aggravate them.

And keep in mind normal animals can still survive, because weapons from both sides are equally strong. There are animals just like Pokémon, you know? Pistol shrimps are strong comparatively, I would think there would be a bigger version of it.

So no disasters.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I've had exact dream about this.
First off, the amount of missing people cases would sky-rocket, between Jynx and other human-like pokemon being mistaken for people, to things like Gotholita and Hypno kidnapping.
Secondly, religious loons would use them to either argue or prove their respective religions, not to mention the church would have a conniption and probably execute the poor kid who DARED fight Arceus/The Legendary Gerbils/Groudon and Kryogre/etc.
Thirdly, wars. Lots and lots of wars. Nuclear capability will be a thing of the past when any psychic, ghost, or dark type can just disable EVERYTHING, and instead of Nuclear Capability it'll be Poke-pability.
Fourth, Scientific community in SHAMBLES. The laws and theories of physics, electricity, chemistry, evolution, EVERYTHING being questioned. Not to mention how the findings of Steven Hawking, Einstein, Thomas Edison, and many more will be ignored for the endless knowledge of psychic types (Kadabra ALONE could probably wipe the floor with Deep Blue in a chess match)
Fifthly, animals would, more than likely, become extinct for the more superior Pokemon. Sure, some may slowly evolve (Darwin's version, not Oak's) into types of Pokemon, but in the long run, they will cease to exist.
And finally, The Olympics will be done with Pokemon.

Back