• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange, Funny, and Weird Facts of the Pokemon World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
Years
The title says it all. Post some cool facts that maybe some people don't know about from the Pokemon series! ^_^

Here are a few. . .
In all of the handheld generations so far, the professors are named after trees. (Oak, Rowan, etc.)

Articuno = Uno
Zapdos = Dos
Moltres = Tres
As in, one, two, three in Spanish.

So, if you know any funny or maybe not very well known facts, post em' here!

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
Ho-oh is also a...um...thingy. As in, its the same backwards...like Girafarig...I forgot the word >.<

It's called a "palindrome", and it is intentional: Girafarig is a giraffe with heads on both ends of its body.

Ho-oh is just a romanization of the Japanese word for "phoenix", houhou.

Now a fact that most people wouldn't know? There are non-Pokemon animals in the Pokemon world. That's right, regular animals.

Check Episode 16, "Shipwreck!". It's the one where the S.S. Anne sinks... anyway, a few minutes into the episode, Misty wakes Ash up and tells him to look out of the porthole. Guess what he sees?

It may be taken down soon, out check it out while you can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlRmnVZEmug
@ 03:07

WHERE IS YOUR ARCEUS NOW?!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Did you know? There are no toilets or baths/showers in the Pokemon Games! :O

Also, Marill was orignally going to be purple. :P
Lapras' original design looks more...masculine and different. :\
Oh, and Ekans spelled backwards in snake and Arbok spelled backwards is Kobra (cobra, but with a k instead of a c. ;))

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
It's called a "palindrome", and it is intentional: Girafarig is a giraffe with heads on both ends of its body.

Ho-oh is just a romanization of the Japanese word for "phoenix", houhou.

Now a fact that most people wouldn't know? There are non-Pokemon animals in the Pokemon world. That's right, regular animals.

Check Episode 16, "Shipwreck!". It's the one where the S.S. Anne sinks... anyway, a few minutes into the episode, Misty wakes Ash up and tells him to look out of the porthole. Guess what he sees?

It may be taken down soon, out check it out while you can.

@ 03:07

WHERE IS YOUR ARCEUS NOW?!

Interesting, but to me they look like very small Wailords. :rambo:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Interesting, but to me they look like very small Wailords. :rambo:

Well, Wailord didn't exist then. :\ Also, I dont think Wailords are usually small. XD And it can't be a Wailmer either, as that didn't exist either so...:S

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Clefairy was originally going to be the mascot.
Xatu is the only Pokémon whose name begins with an X.
Mew was the first trademarked Pokémon.
Originally, Mew's Japanese name was originally spelled ミュー, until it was changed to ミュウ.
In the wild, if you catch a Mew, it will not listen to you.
Pocket Monsters was trademarked after Mew.
In Pokémon Yellow, Giselle from the episode The School of Hard Knocks makes a cameo.
Before the changes in Pokémon Red and Blue, Gyarados's original name was going to be Skullkraken.
Kokoon was the prototype name for Kakuna.
Because Pikachu and Buneary are both in the Ground Egg group, Lagomorphshipping is possible.

I have a lot more than that. XD​

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
People in the pokemon world don't mind when random people walks into their house, the random people are us.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
Umm, newsflash.

Most of these are glaringly obvious facts from all of the games.
That's sort of defeating the purpose of the thread, to tell people about interesting hidden quirks in the Pokemon franchise.

I have one: Mew is (as far as I know) the only Pokemon with real-world whereabouts.
Remember the diary in Cinnabar Mansion?
The explorers were searching locations in Guyana.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Umm, newsflash.

Most of these are glaringly obvious facts from all of the games.
That's sort of defeating the purpose of the thread, to tell people about interesting hidden quirks in the Pokemon franchise.

I have one: Mew is (as far as I know) the only Pokemon with real-world whereabouts.
Remember the diary in Cinnabar Mansion?
The explorers were searching locations in Guyana.
That is quite interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back