• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Turquoise Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
2vw8n0o.png

-Pokémon Turquoise Version-

You may know this game as Pokémon Olivine Version. I changed the name and the whole storyline. I am, however, still using RMXP and Poccil's Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit. |Maximus|, creator of Pokémon Sparkling Yellow, started this Project off, and I took over it. So, thanks to him!​

-Storyline-

You wake up, after sleeping. Yesterday, was a memorable night. You earned the eighth badge from the Johto Region, you hiked through Victory Road, and you defeated the Elite Four. Once you got home, you healed your Pokemon and set them on the table. Then, you went to sleep.
You wake up hours later, and notice that your Pokemon have gone missing. You run out the door and see two goons heading on a ship with two bags filled with Pokeballs. Still worried, you go back to sleep and prepare to deal with this problem in the morning.
After a rough night, you wake up and tell your Mom what happened. She immediately sends you over to Professor Elm's Laboratory. He asks what happened, and you and your Mom inform him with every detail. He immediately knows who it was. He says that it was Team Rocket. After a moment of thinking, Professor Elm has an idea. He knows that Team Rocket's Secret Hideout is in the Sintec Region, since they moved it after their plan to take over the Radio Tower was unsuccessful. He decides to send you to the Sintec Region.
After the boat leaves Newbark Town, you are sleepy, so you fall asleep in your room...
Later on, you hear banging on the door. You wake up and realize that you overslept, and you are already at the Sintec Region. You get off of the boat, and you see the same two goons that you saw the night before, running off with three bags now.
You step foot on land, and you get pushed. You turn around to see your rival standing behind you with a mischeivous grin on his/her face. He runs off after he sees the two rockets, and leaves you standing there. After that, you head off into the Sintec Region.
Will you stop Team Rocket from stealing everyone's Pokemon?​

STORYLINE IS BEING WORKED ON MAJORLY

-Screenshots-
*These Screenshots are old. I will not have the larger resolution*

(Old Screenshots)

Spoiler:

New Screenshots

capture012.bmp.png
capture015.bmp.png

-Features-

Pokemon Colorer
Jeff, the Pokemon Colorer will make your Pokemon Shiny for $16,000 (Price may change)
However, he will need some materials. You can gather items according to your Pokemon's type, and it's level.
If your Pokemon's 1st Type is Fire, then you will need to get a Magma Stone (New item ;D...I think...) and how many Magma Stones you get, will depend on it's level.​

Battle Simulator
This feature will allow you to test your Pokemon's strength by choosing a Pokemon from a list of seen Pokemon, and battling them. You will not gain EXP from these battles ;D​

5th Gen Pokemon
This game will have 5th Gen Pokemon, including some of the other 493 Pokemon. Maybe a couple of fakes :P​

Play as Lyra/Ethan from HG/SS
Self-explanatory...​

Maxlevel is 200

Your Pokemon will be over 100 and they will be allowed to go to level 200. I also included a little area that will allow you to capture Pokemon over level 100, but to get into that area, you must have all eight badges, and must have beaten the elite four :P​

-Team-

Creator - Me
Tiler - Incognito
Spriter - Icegod64
Mapper - Incognito

I still need more team members, so just because these three positions are filled, doesn't mean that I don't need any more team members ;D

Last edited:

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
-Storyline-

You wake up, after sleeping. Yesterday, was a memorable night.

Might as well start at the beginning, eh? The grammar used there is completely off and makes no sense. For me, at least, it was annoying to read when the rest was pretty well typed.

You earned the eighth badge from the Johto Region, you hiked through Victory Road, and you defeated the Elite Four. Once you got home, you healed your Pokemon and set them on the table. Then, you went to sleep.

I get what you are trying to do; summarizing an entire journey in a single paragraph isn't easy. Still, it was severely anti-climactic.

You wake up hours later, and notice that your Pokemon have gone missing. You run out the door and see two goons heading on a ship with two bags filled with Pokeballs. Still worried, you go back to sleep and prepare to deal with this problem in the morning.

You lost my interest here. Two goons just nabbed my Pokemon and I'm going back to sleep to deal with it in the morning? No offense, but if someone stole my Pokemon, I'd be chasing them down. Now, mind you, that may not have been what you meant. Did you mean to say, "You ran after them, but they boarded a ship and set sail; you continued to chase them down the shore line, but they were nothing more than a speck on the horizon by time the implications of what just happened really hit you."? That's a bit wordy, and I wouldn't recommend using that (I'm just shooting for clarification here), because that would make more sense.

After a rough night, you wake up and tell your Mom what happened. She immediately sends you over to Professor Elm's Laboratory. He asks what happened, and you and your Mom inform him with every detail. He immediately knows who it was. He says that it was Team Rocket. After a moment of thinking, Professor Elm has an idea. He knows that Team Rocket's Secret Hideout is in the Sintec Region, since they moved it after their plan to take over the Radio Tower was unsuccessful. He decides to send you to the Sintec Region.
After the boat leaves Newbark Town, you are sleepy, so you fall asleep in your room...

That character seems pretty narcoleptic at this point... Joking aside, this isn't very interesting either. I suppose I can't judge on this portion without seeing the dialogue, but you honestly make it sound really boring.

Later on, you hear banging on the door. You wake up and realize that you overslept, and you are already at the Sintec Region. You get off of the boat, and you see the same two goons that you saw the night before, running off with three bags now.
You step foot on land, and you get pushed. You turn around to see your rival standing behind you with a mischeivous grin on his/her face. He runs off after he sees the two rockets, and leaves you standing there. After that, you head off into the Sintec Region.
Will you stop Team Rocket from stealing everyone's Pokemon?

Again, you overslept? Not only that, but you see the exact same two goons running off with more bags of Pokemon? Do these goons serve a purpose here? Because honestly, unless they are plot specific or serve a purpose at this point, I can't see a use for them showing up randomly when you get off the boat.

And your rival? It's extremely odd for him to just show up now on the boat as you are getting off. The lack of back story, or introduction to him, makes him seem misplaced and forced into the storyline.

Take with a grain of salt, if you will, but you'll definitely need a more interesting story line if you want your game to stick out around here.

Cilerba

Years
Might as well start at the beginning, eh? The grammar used there is completely off and makes no sense. For me, at least, it was annoying to read when the rest was pretty well typed.

I get what you are trying to do; summarizing an entire journey in a single paragraph isn't easy. Still, it was severely anti-climactic.

You lost my interest here. Two goons just nabbed my Pokemon and I'm going back to sleep to deal with it in the morning? No offense, but if someone stole my Pokemon, I'd be chasing them down. Now, mind you, that may not have been what you meant. Did you mean to say, "You ran after them, but they boarded a ship and set sail; you continued to chase them down the shore line, but they were nothing more than a speck on the horizon by time the implications of what just happened really hit you."? That's a bit wordy, and I wouldn't recommend using that (I'm just shooting for clarification here), because that would make more sense.

That character seems pretty narcoleptic at this point... Joking aside, this isn't very interesting either. I suppose I can't judge on this portion without seeing the dialogue, but you honestly make it sound really boring.

Again, you overslept? Not only that, but you see the exact same two goons running off with more bags of Pokemon? Do these goons serve a purpose here? Because honestly, unless they are plot specific or serve a purpose at this point, I can't see a use for them showing up randomly when you get off the boat.

And your rival? It's extremely odd for him to just show up now on the boat as you are getting off. The lack of back story, or introduction to him, makes him seem misplaced and forced into the storyline.

Take with a grain of salt, if you will, but you'll definitely need a more interesting story line if you want your game to stick out around here.

Did you not see that the story was being worked on a LOT?
Yes, I know there are tons of weird things in there, and errors, etc.
That is an old story.

looks like it's going to be cool.

Thanks ^_^

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
I saw. However, constructive criticism should always be welcome on a project the size of a Pokemon game.

It will only make the game better in the end.

Cilerba

Years
I saw. However, constructive criticism should always be welcome on a project the size of a Pokemon game.

It will only make the game better in the end.

Yeah, sorry about that.
Thanks for the constructive criticism ^_^

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
New Screenshots

capture012.bmp.png

-Features-

Pokemon Colorer
Battle Simulator
5th Gen Pokemon
Play as Lyra/Ethan from HG/SS
Maxlevel is 200

You know I would have posted here earlier if you'd updated your sig faster. It's always important to keep things updated. Anyway, nice screen, I like the idea of being able to play as Lyra. Will all of the cute things her Pokemon do in HG/SS happen still? The other features sound ok, but you should really give more information. If you want to keep it tidy then just do it like in my sig.

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
Years
This is looking very cool, dispite the long first post by that one guy, I like the story line but, Why is your rival in that region and why would he run after them? (I didnt read it very well)
But anyway, this is looking awesome, When the Demo Is realeased I am defenitally going to Test It.

Cilerba

Years
You know I would have posted here earlier if you'd updated your sig faster. It's always important to keep things updated. Anyway, nice screen, I like the idea of being able to play as Lyra. Will all of the cute things her Pokemon do in HG/SS happen still? The other features sound ok, but you should really give more information. If you want to keep it tidy then just do it like in my sig.

I'm not sure if her Pokemon will do the same thing :P
I will update info about the features right after this post.

This is looking very cool, dispite the long first post by that one guy, I like the story line but, Why is your rival in that region and why would he run after them? (I didnt read it very well)
But anyway, this is looking awesome, When the Demo Is realeased I am defenitally going to Test It.

The storyline is being worked on lol. Thanks to Yuoaman for helping me :D
Um, thanks for inviting yourself to be a Beta tester -.-

Here's a slightly edited quote from Calis Projects Forum

Well, here's a new update ^.^

And the storyline is also being worked on (Major Thanks to Yuoaman for helping me)

I have been working on the Battle System graphics. Which seems to be a bad time since PokemonOI just showcased his take on the 5th Gen Battle system.
Ah, enough chit-chat. Here is the Battle System screenshot.

capture015.bmp.png

Credit to Spaceemotion for the 5th Gen Graphics

I also want to welcome a new member to the team: Ice-God

He is the Co-Spriter for Turquoise (We both sprite)
He created the first gym leader for the Sintec Region.
Her name is Oraline (Or-uh-line) :P
She has all bug-type Pokemon.
The sprite is also still being worked on lol.
BugGirl2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I am curious why you would go back to sleep while someone is stealing your pokemon expecially since you just got done beating 8 gyms so u cant be a naive child...

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
I already addressed that in my first post; he said that the story is still being worked on, so I assume it's subject to change.

As for the new content:

- I like the battle screen picture. It shows off a simple, clean, and elegant style (to me), and it's a lot less obtrusive than the originals. Will you be modifying the selection screen as well, or leaving it as it is in the picture?
- The gym leader is nice as well. The only thing I could comment on is that she looks similar to Bugsy; it's probably the hair. Still, nice job so far.

Cilerba

Years
I am curious why you would go back to sleep while someone is stealing your pokemon expecially since you just got done beating 8 gyms so u cant be a naive child...

I have said this in the first post. It's being worked on still!

I already addressed that in my first post; he said that the story is still being worked on, so I assume it's subject to change.

As for the new content:

- I like the battle screen picture. It shows off a simple, clean, and elegant style (to me), and it's a lot less obtrusive than the originals. Will you be modifying the selection screen as well, or leaving it as it is in the picture?
- The gym leader is nice as well. The only thing I could comment on is that she looks similar to Bugsy; it's probably the hair. Still, nice job so far.

Thanks.
I will try and modify the selection screen.
As for the gym leader, the hair has actually been changed (Credit to IceGod)

Here is the new and updated Gym leader:
BugGirl2.png

Raikt

Fiction writer.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Personally, I think she looks excellent now. As a modest spriter myself, the only thing I can point out is that her badge on her chest is hardly distinguishable. You might want to try a different color?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I'm siding with Raikt here in terms of the plot: it's not very well thought out ("we're working on it" is NOT an excuse; plot is the basis of a fangame, and games without it have no direction) and also uncannily like August Emerald's plot (which I tried to talk Dew out of). There's just... only so far I can suspend my disbelief, here. The fact that a seasoned trainer could have all of his/her Pokemon stolen while sleeping, especially from a secure place and after earning eight badges, is pretty silly. It's obviously just an excuse to restart the adventure and not have to create a new hero. Stop cutting corners here; you'd have fewer plot holes if you didn't have the hero be a seasoned trainer, or if you really want to, at least give it some thought.

"Stop Team Rocket from stealing everyone's Pokemon" is an awful excuse for a plot. First off, despite what the anime might tell you, TR does more than just steal peoples' pwecious pogeymans. They're the Pokemon world's mafia and do all sorts of ominous things. Play FRLG. Second, um, EVERYONE'S Pokemon? There's gotta be some huge security issues here if a group that's threatening to STEAL ALL THE POKEYMANS is being taken seriously at all.

...You know what, I... I want to help you with this. Because you've got some sort of skill here, but this is just so bad and so fixable that I can't just leave you like this. :/ PM me, yeah?

(Also. All of your features are just pandering to the audience (woooo, fifth gen Pokemon, woo shiny graphics wooooooo) but no evidence of a real game here. Just saying.)

Cilerba

Years
Personally, I think she looks excellent now. As a modest spriter myself, the only thing I can point out is that her badge on her chest is hardly distinguishable. You might want to try a different color?

Thanks a lot.
I will try and edit the badge on her chest, honestly I didn't even notice that there.

I'm siding with Raikt here in terms of the plot: it's not very well thought out ("we're working on it" is NOT an excuse; plot is the basis of a fangame, and games without it have no direction) and also uncannily like August Emerald's plot (which I tried to talk Dew out of). There's just... only so far I can suspend my disbelief, here. The fact that a seasoned trainer could have all of his/her Pokemon stolen while sleeping, especially from a secure place and after earning eight badges, is pretty silly. It's obviously just an excuse to restart the adventure and not have to create a new hero. Stop cutting corners here; you'd have fewer plot holes if you didn't have the hero be a seasoned trainer, or if you really want to, at least give it some thought.

"Stop Team Rocket from stealing everyone's Pokemon" is an awful excuse for a plot. First off, despite what the anime might tell you, TR does more than just steal peoples' pwecious pogeymans. They're the Pokemon world's mafia and do all sorts of ominous things. Play FRLG. Second, um, EVERYONE'S Pokemon? There's gotta be some huge security issues here if a group that's threatening to STEAL ALL THE POKEYMANS is being taken seriously at all.

...You know what, I... I want to help you with this. Because you've got some sort of skill here, but this is just so bad and so fixable that I can't just leave you like this. :/ PM me, yeah?

(Also. All of your features are just pandering to the audience (woooo, fifth gen Pokemon, woo shiny graphics wooooooo) but no evidence of a real game here. Just saying.)

...Thanks for the criticism...I guess.
I don't know how many times I will say this.
I came up with the story in about 10 minutes. I didn't really think it through. It is being worked on entirely.
I have a lot planned for this game. I actually have a real interesting plot, but I am working on it some more (Credit to Novus, and Yuoaman for helping me with it)

I don't really want your help if apparently "this isn't a real game." And my game is so bad that you NEED to help me.

And, for the record, I have played FRLG. And have beat it several times.
And there was NO excuse to play as Lyra. I really like the character so I made her in the game.

Last edited:

Cilerba

Years
Here is another slightly edited quote from CalisProjects.

New Screenies!!
Here are two screenshots that are taken place in Silverstreak City
*Credit to incognito322 for mapping Silverstreak city ^.^*
capture016.bmp.png
capture017.bmp.png

As you can see there are no NPC's in the map :P

Cilerba

Years
Thanks, but that's why the city is called "SilverStreak City" xD

Expect a whole new storyline. A whole new thread. A whole new layout, and a lot more eye candy.

Years
Hmm... do you have a banner yet for this game? I can make you one.

Here's a mock-up of one that I find nice looking...

textspace_1277146341_8f6ce973.gif

Compare it with the one in my signature. It's a text I downloaded and will edit later if you want me too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back