• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
My sincere apologies if this is in the incorrect forum/thread, but is the Global Link website down for anyone else? It's been in "maintenance" for 3 hours or more now and I was wondering if this is a usual thing; i've barely just started doing Dream World yesterday.

Edit: Just found the Maintenance page from the official site, and it shows Maint. being from 3 am to 7 am Tuesdays EST. Will that still be happening in light of this downtime?

GLB is on maintenance for every Tuesday, though please note that DW for Generation V games will be shutting down soon for less than 2 months.

Pokemon.com said:
Japan and Korea: Tuesdays 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. JST/KST
US: Tuesdays 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. EDT
UK: Tuesdays 7 a.m. to Wednesdays 1 a.m. UTC
Australia: Tuesdays 3 p.m. to Wednesdays 9 p.m. AWST

Bulbapedia said:
The Pokémon Global Link will be closed for maintenance from Oct. 1 to 12, 2013. After this maintenance, users will not be able to sign up for new accounts, and players will not have access to the demo nor be able to add additional games to their accounts. On Dec. 10, 2013, players will no longer be able to tuck in new Pokémon, although Pokémon currently tucked in can be played with and woken up. On Jan. 14, 2014, all services offered by the Global Link will be shut down, except the player's ability to untuck Pokémon. This means that players will no longer be able to change their C-Gear skin, Pokémon Musical song, or Pokédex skin.
The GTS will not be affected by this closure, except that the trade history will no longer be viewable. Random Matchup Rating Mode will be shut down, although Free Mode will still be available.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Thanks for answering my earlier question. Noww another opinion based question. I pretty much know the answer already, but I need someone's feed back.

I got myself a teddiursa, and I want to EV train it. But it's a Hardy nature, which I cannot get any bonuses from it's nature. It has a nice IV score, but it can be better with patience. It's IV scores are:
HP: 14
Attack:23
Defense: 20
Sp.Def:14
(It has a high special attack IV score of 22, but why does it need it?)

So I ask, What should I do with this Pokemon? Should I EV train, and live without the 10% bonus to one of it's main 3 stats?

Should I breed this Pokemon, and get a Adamant/Impish/Careful nature (and pray that I get a Pokemon with IV scores this nice)?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Thanks for answering my earlier question. Noww another opinion based question. I pretty much know the answer already, but I need someone's feed back.

I got myself a teddiursa, and I want to EV train it. But it's a Hardy nature, which I cannot get any bonuses from it's nature. It has a nice IV score, but it can be better with patience. It's IV scores are:
HP: 14
Attack:23
Defense: 20
Sp.Def:14
(It has a high special attack IV score of 22, but why does it need it?)

So I ask, What should I do with this Pokemon? Should I EV train, and live without the 10% bonus to one of it's main 3 stats?

Should I breed this Pokemon, and get a Adamant/Impish/Careful nature (and pray that I get a Pokemon with IV scores this nice)?
My method and advice is this way,
for now I'll considering that Teddiusa is male.
If you have an Adamant Ditto then have it attached with an Everstone to pass the Nature.
Keep breeding it till you get the desired IV or you could just RNG it if you know how to.

If your Teddiusa is a female, while lacking an Adamant Ditto.
You can instead look for a Pokemon that is in the same egg group as Teddi with an Adamant Nature,
then have that male Pokemon hold the Everstone.
If you are playing BW2 the passing percentage of Nature with Everstone held is 100%.

Hope that helps you a lot!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Thanks for your answer. Turns out that my Teddiursa has an ability which I do not like. So either way, I need to breed it in order to get the "Guts" ability anyway.

My Ditto is Serious Nature, which means I'll either need to recatch a Ditto with the proper nature, or just keep breeding Teddiursa until an Adamant one is born.

So my next question is: What is RNG?

Keep breeding it till you get the desired IV or you could just RNG it if you know how to.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Thanks for your answer. Turns out that my Teddiursa has an ability which I do not like. So either way, I need to breed it in order to get the "Guts" ability anyway.

My Ditto is Serious Nature, which means I'll either need to recatch a Ditto with the proper nature, or just keep breeding Teddiursa until an Adamant one is born.

So my next question is: What is RNG?

This is the answer that I quote from the RNG expert himself!

RNG is short for Random Number Generator and is what is responsible for how everything in the game is generated. The RNG in Pokemon games can be manipulated so you can obtain the exact Pokemon you want. More info can be found here in this thread. As for what others want when trading, you can browse through the shops to get a feel for what others have and want. Hope this answers your questions. :)

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
Years
GLB is on maintenance for every Tuesday, though please note that DW for Generation V games will be shutting down soon for less than 2 months.

I found that out, my problem is GLB, for me, has been under maintenance from about 7pm Central Standard Time last night, all the way until now, where it's still under maintenance. I'm trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing this =/

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I found that out, my problem is GLB, for me, has been under maintenance from about 7pm Central Standard Time last night, all the way until now, where it's still under maintenance. I'm trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing this =/

But the web page itself is working, right?(sorry for this question, but I couldn't access PGL with my phone!)
When I said working I meant it by you can log in already, to clarify. ;)

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
Years
Unfortunately I can't log in at all. The log in spot on the left still says the page is undergoing maintenance -_-;;

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I just checked myself, and I can't log into the Global Link website either. The website itself is still up, but there's no option to log-in. I can still log-in for the actual Pokemon website, but the Global Link says under maintenance. Best thing to do is see if it'll be back up tomorrow, when the people working on the servers had some time to look at it and see what's going on.

It's a good thing I gave up on getting those Dream World medals!

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Unfortunately I can't log in at all. The log in spot on the left still says the page is undergoing maintenance -_-;;

I just checked myself, and I can't log into the Global Link website either. The website itself is still up, but there's no option to log-in. I can still log-in for the actual Pokemon website, but the Global Link says under maintenance. Best thing to do is see if it'll be back up tomorrow, when the people working on the servers had some time to look at it and see what's going on.

In fact I also checked 15 minutes ago, the site is still in maintenance, despite it's already Wednesday and about 4PM in Japan now.

I'm sure some a--hole must have pressed a wrong button and screwed up the data or program. It's Nintendo/Game Freak's fault so there is not much we can do about it currently.

Personally I thought Gen V DW's gonna 'bye-bye a go-go' for less than 2 months, but they even disabled the site for one more day for us(albeit intended or not), which is unacceptable. They should apologize by giving us the unreleased DW starters.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

I still think it is asinine that they would tie medals into something that they planned to shut down eventually. It basically means that, in order to achieve 100% completion someday, one must *gasp* cheat.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
That brings up my question, lol.
Please list the Dream World related Medals,
including those Medals that have to do with Entree Forest.

Thank you so much!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Here's what I see, though I just did a quick glance:

Dozing Capture - Catch 1 Pokémon within the Entralink
Sleeping Capture - Catch 10 Pokémon within the Entralink
Deep Sleep Capture - Catch 50 Pokémon within the Entralink
Sweet Dreamer - Catch 100 Pokémon within the Entralink

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Here's a Hard one. I like the move assurance, but it does double damage when the victim took damage before using the move.

Besides the obvious (Rock helmet/Recoil moves, None of these would work anyway because the Pokemon learning this move is faster than most opposing Pokemon) how do I make a pokemon take damage before assurance hits?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Here's a Hard one. I like the move assurance, but it does double damage when the victim took damage before using the move.

Besides the obvious (Rock helmet/Recoil moves, None of these would work anyway because the Pokemon learning this move is faster than most opposing Pokemon) how do I make a pokemon take damage before assurance hits?

Use Stealth Rock/Spikes on the turn before using Assurance, would do the trick.
When your opponent send out their second Pokemon,
you are aware that SR and Spikes will cut the opponent's Pokemon's HP for a little, right?
That is the time you should be using Assurance.
One of the few Pokemon that I remember who can learn both SR and Assurance is Donphan!
You may consider this Pokemon for your team!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Use Stealth Rock/Spikes on the turn before using Assurance, would do the trick.
When your opponent send out their second Pokemon,
you are aware that SR and Spikes will cut the opponent's Pokemon's HP for a little, right?
That is the time you should be using Assurance.
One of the few Pokemon that I remember who can learn both SR and Assurance is Donphan!
You may consider this Pokemon for your team!

I didn't think SR/Spike damage would count, since the damage would be done before you would choose assurance as an attack. I will give that a try, see where that leads.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I didn't think SR/Spike damage would count, since the damage would be done before you would choose assurance as an attack. I will give that a try, see where that leads.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear,
here's a rundown example.
Turn 1: Stealth Rock/Spikes turn.
Turn 2: Opposite party switched Pokemon, HP cut down a bit by hazards.
You should be using Assurance this turn.

Alternative way:
Turn 1: Foe received recoil from its moves/item/attack itself due to confuse before launching Assurance. (All must happen in the same turn.)

Thus condition like Poison and Burn does not work, since they reduce the foe's HP on turn end.

Hope that clarifies for a bit.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
New question. If a Mamoswine and an Arcanine both trained for speed go in a match, is it possible for the Mamoswine to outspeed an Arcanine?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
New question. If a Mamoswine and an Arcanine both trained for speed go in a match, is it possible for the Mamoswine to outspeed an Arcanine?

Arcanine's base Speed is 95. Mamoswine's base Speed is 80. So Arcanine always goes before Mamoswine. At level 100, Mamoswine's max Speed (with a Jolly nature) is 284, while Arcanine's max Speed at level 100 (with an Adamant nature) is 289. In other words, Arcanine is guaranteed to outspeed Mamoswine unless Mamoswine carries Choice Scarf or is Baton Passed a Speed boost or two.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Thanks for the quick answer. Reason I asked is because While I was battling via Wifi, My Ungramax (Level 50 Arcanine) with 252 Speed EV and 26 Speed IV was outsped by a level 50 Mamoswine. Just wanted to double check before I scream HAX!!

Because the mamoswine attacked first, I lost the battle. If my Arcanine would have attacked first like it was supposed to, I would have won the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back