• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ribbons

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No, not Sylveon's ;)

So in every game since the third generation there's been ribbons which get awarded to Pokemon! For minor things, like being an event Pokemon, or winning a contest, or winning a battle tournament, or beating elite four, or commemorating an event in-game (as well as a few other things). Do you think these will make a return, or maybe not, given that Sylveon seems to have them covered? Ahaha. What other types of ribbons would you like to see? Do you want to be given specific conditions for earning ribbons, much like medals in B2/W2? Share yo ribbon-related thoughts. (But obviously keep Sylveon's ribbons to the Sylveon thread!)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ribbons? Well, I of course, want the contests ribbons to return, because, I am a man that likes contests. The League ribbon for beating the champion is also a given. Perhaps Ribbons can act like the Metals from Generation V, and reward your pokemon for doing certain things, like, how many battles it had, or, setting it's maximum happiness, or maybe, how many berries it ate... maybe something like that?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I always forgot that the Ribbons existed for things that weren't Contests =x I mean I guess they're a nice little reward for accomplishing things, so it'd be fine to bring them back. I wouldn't be heart broken if they didn't make a return though.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Ever since Medals were introduced in Gen V, I found Ribbons to be pretty much redundant. Aside from winning contests, what else could ribbons be given for? I feel like there needs to be more incentive to ribbons, and to make them stand out more, rather than just make them contest-only things, y'know?
What if you just combine the two and give players medal ribbons as rewards for achievements (and contests?). And I'm not talking about the kind of medals in B2W2 that had ribbon-like designs imprinted on them. I'm talking along the lines of more prestigious medal ribbons like the ones here or these. It's like having the best of both worlds.

Certain medal ribbons can be specifically designed for bigger achievements and rewards such as defeating the Champion, winning the different ranks of this region's side-game, etc., etc. Meanwhile we could have more smaller medals or medals like the one in B2W2 that can be given for unlocking petty achievements such as the numerous ones you can be rewarded for in B2W2.

Pinta77

I feel like ribbons just were never big enough of a deal. They really need to make them stand out more, then I'd be more inclined to get them.

Back