• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Post-game Speculation Thread

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If this is too similar to the Battle Frontier speculation, it's dead tomorrow anyways =x

After you defeat the Elite Four and the champion, many new quests pop up for you. Whether it was venturing to Kanto after beating the Johto league in GSC, being able to visit areas like Black City and White Forest in Unova, or the Resort areas in Sinnoh, there was always more to do after you beat the main storyline of the games.

In addition to new areas, there are new legendaries to capture, the Elite Four rematch battles, and things like Battle Frontiers available for you to participate in. What you would like to see happen after you beat the main storyline? Would you like it to continue on somehow and incorporate the evil team further? Would you like side-quests to capture more legendaries? Discuss!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
One thing I enjoyed about BW was the whole Elders (or Sages? I can't remember) side-quest that happened after beating the main story. I also liked the sheer quantity of areas that you could visit afterwards. It was significantly more than any other generation before it and I enjoyed the feeling of "Only half the game is over."

Obviously the National Dex will become a thing (assuming they don't just flat-out make no such thing this generation), some sort of Frontier (if not in this first set of games, in the third / fourth one), and possibly some sort of "fight gym leaders" again system. I can't imagine there's much left in terms of end-game other than these.

Perhaps they can make legendary captures a bit more "quest" oriented instead of "go to this cave and find a random legendary and catch it I guess." I just want the game to be a bit more cinematic.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Give me Unova. Too much? Sure. But Unova needs one final run, it wasn't complete in B2W2 at all. It felt rushed, and I hope to god that GF feels that way as well, and to justify it they slap us in the face with a surprise second gym quest with Unova like they did with Kanto, filling in the gaps, and finally completing the region.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Among other things I would love to have to do something where I have to go to heaps of different places across the region and talk to lots of people in a certain order so that I can finally get to a legendary or an item or something. Just something that makes you talk to heaps of people that you have met throughout your journey and makes you go heaps of places, that'd be fun I think.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Give me Unova. Too much? Sure. But Unova needs one final run, it wasn't complete in B2W2 at all. It felt rushed, and I hope to god that GF feels that way as well, and to justify it they slap us in the face with a surprise second gym quest with Unova like they did with Kanto, filling in the gaps, and finally completing the region.

As much as I would love to see a second region be implemented, going back to Unova for a third game is kind of overkill to me =/ They've already expanded on the region once, I really don't want them to do it again. But if they do do a second region addition it's more than likely to be Unova, so if anything I guess I can root for it since I loved going back to Kanto in GCS.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think the first thing that will happen before you are free to explore is that you will obtain the National Dex.

...too obvious?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think there will be a whole second region. Going back to Unova would be overkill IMO, its time to give that a rest for a while. Smaller new areas to explore is not a bad idea, something like the Sevii islands in FR/LG would probably be enough. Also, there is a possibility of new areas being added via DLC, so maybe not too many after game areas will be included,I hope they add something like the Nature Sanctuary, that was a nice touch.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
DLC wasn't actually something I really thought of, but with the digital market the 3DS has that is actually a very plausible occurrence. Although to be honest I don't really want that, as Nintendo is more known for releasing a game fully and not needing to add patches or extra content, which is something I would hope they would try to continue on doing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
DLC wasn't actually something I really thought of, but with the digital market the 3DS has that is actually a very plausible occurrence. Although to be honest I don't really want that, as Nintendo is more known for releasing a game fully and not needing to add patches or extra content, which is something I would hope they would try to continue on doing.
I brought up the idea of past region exploration via DLC. You spend an extra $15 or so and boom, you have added Unova to the game. Another $15, and boom, you're exploring Sinnoh. You can reintroduce the concept of "catching them all" and do it without having to have any other game card. You can also find starters from other regions by visiting that professor.

Since the first four generations are also all based on Japan, this provides a great opportunity for them to connect the regions, too.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I brought up the idea of past region exploration via DLC. You spend an extra $15 or so and boom, you have added Unova to the game. Another $15, and boom, you're exploring Sinnoh. You can reintroduce the concept of "catching them all" and do it without having to have any other game card. You can also find starters from other regions by visiting that professor.

Since the first four generations are also all based on Japan, this provides a great opportunity for them to connect the regions, too.

Cyclone

The problem there is that you're now asking Nintendo/Game Freak to recreate each region in full 3D from scratch, add only netting $15 for each region. They could easily do the same thing and release them each as a full game by themselves. It's just a bad business model to do something like that.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Keep in mind I merely pointed out this is something they could do. They won't do it, so the discussion is, to an extent, moot. They would be smart to do SOMEthing with DLC, however.

In the same vein, yes, selling each region for $15 instead of recreating games does also seem silly. However, will they remake each and every game done so far and sell them as their own products? Not a chance. They could do something if they really wanted to. More people seem interested in visiting multiple regions in one game and tying them into a single game. Other games would sell, mind.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
But that said, going back to the topic at hand, I don't mind what I do as far as post-speculation is concerned. There's one thing that I'm really adamantly picky about and that's for the tradition of the Battle Frontier to continue. Sure, it has been remade into so many ways: The Battle Subway, The Pokemon World Tournament, you name it. Except it doesn't give off that same vibe. Not even the Battle Frontier in HG/SS was really enough to satisfy my tastes, sadly.

Is it because of me wearing my nostalgia goggles? I admit partially, yes. But my enjoyment came from the variety and diversity that Gen III's Battle Frontier had to offer, and I was a huge fan of that, so yeah. n_n; Other than that, I'm really not caring too much, maybe like a post-game adventure or something would be nice, because it does get a bit tiring rehashing the whole "ypu beat the e4, now enjoy (post-game battle facility here)" stuff. I'd like to have sidequests, other adventures to go on, things of that nature~

Yes, I totally agree. The amount of time I spent in Emerald playing the Battle Frontier was ridiculous, between ACTUALLY doing the venues or raising Pokémon to compete was ridiculous. Sinnoh tried to recreate the Battle Frontier, but honestly it was totally lackluster in comparison to what Hoenn had to offer. The new events like the Battle Castle and the Battle Arcade were just totally meh to me, whereas I was missing the Battle Dome and the Battle Pike. They continued on with this exact Battle Frontier in HGSS, which was nice to have it I guess, but I still yearned for more. Unova gave us things like Black City and White Forest, and with the sequels we got the PWT, but I still wanted a lot more.

In a perfect world, I would LOVE to see the Hoenn Frontier make it's way back to us, maybe not keeping the same leaders of each venue, but keeping the venues the same. I honestly think it was by and far the most fun I have ever had with Pokémon post-game, and I'd love to see it back. I doubt this is going to happen sadly, since they already changed the Frontier away from this, so even if we just got a return of the Battle Frontier in general I'd be happy!

Guy

just a guy
Years
At this point, I even wonder if they're going to bring back the Battle Frontier at all given the absence of one in Fifth Gen and the popular fan response towards the World Tournament.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
As much as I actually did enjoy the PWT, it was just the same thing over and over again (with I guess the addition of the Battle Subway, which also got repetitive), so I'd just want to see more. If the PWT and the Frontier were present I'd be one happy camper.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Lately, I've been thinking that while the post games of pokemon games are good, it's just... they don't have that extra 'oompth'. I mean, when I think about PMD: Explorers of Darkness/Time, they've had a post game, but in a way... it's kind of like the continuation of the main storyline, you know? So, I hope that while X&Y has a post game on where you can challenge battle facilities, catch national pokemon, and other goodies like that, I hope that in someway, it will have a point on where they sort of continue on with the storyline. It doesn't have to be huge, but maybe you can, say, face the very big and bad mastermind that is truly the cause of the troubles in the new pokemon region.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Lately, I've been thinking that while the post games of pokemon games are good, it's just... they don't have that extra 'oompth'. I mean, when I think about PMD: Explorers of Darkness/Time, they've had a post game, but in a way... it's kind of like the continuation of the main storyline, you know? So, I hope that while X&Y has a post game on where you can challenge battle facilities, catch national pokemon, and other goodies like that, I hope that in someway, it will have a point on where they sort of continue on with the storyline. It doesn't have to be huge, but maybe you can, say, face the very big and bad mastermind that is truly the cause of the troubles in the new pokemon region.

I think that would actually be a good concept. I'd really like the story not to end just because you beat the Champion. Even if it's not fighting the real mastermind behind everything, an evil team can't instantaneously disappear from a region like they always do. Maybe fighting off the rest of the evil team to remove them from the region would be a cool concept as well?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or maybe the real story begins after you fight the champion! But yeah, the story spilling over into post game is definitely desired, and in a way B/W did kind of try that with finding the sages :x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The finding sages thing was as big as battling Galactic in Stark Mountain in Platinum, not much. Hopefully they'll expand from generations IV and V's story spill over into post game.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
A "Red" Type Boss

Would anyone love to see a post game boss like Red was in Johto. I don't mean like a full other region, but like some epic final Boss after the E4. I guess we had some in previous gens. But I like the whole Climb a huge mountain then having a battle to be remembered vs. one of the best trainers ever. Would anyone else look forward to this.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Since this is dealing with post-game stuff, I'm going to move this on over to a thread that already has this stuff covered.

I'd love to have another Red-type boss to battle post-game though. It would be even better if they could incorporate some sort of small plot leading up to that final battle as well. In HG/SS, you had to beat the Kanto Gym Leaders first and then travel up Mt. Silver. I would hope they follow something similar with this rather than make it too easy to find such a person in the games.

Back