• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Jesus one typo and the sarcasm comes out! :p
Sacred cards is not what I was talking abour though I saw this video about truck physjicd in a game with some weird commentary.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
There was a Yu-Gi-Oh GBA game where it was basically an RPG and at the end, you could go to a battle island and battle any of the main cast. That game was awesome.

Years
Last Yu-Gi-Oh I was crazy for was on Gamecube. Friend had it. Played like Pokemon Conquest or some beast of a JRPG.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Last Yu-Gi-Oh I was crazy for was on Gamecube. Friend had it. Played like Pokemon Conquest or some beast of a JRPG.
Ah, Falsebound Kingdom. You know, that game got some pretty bad reviews but I went back and played it...that game is far from bad. In fact, if someone told me that they were going to make a Yu-Gi-Oh RTSRPG, I'd think they were on something. But they did it and...it worked.

Ugh, this thread is getting too nostalgic <_<

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
Ugh, this thread is getting too nostalgic <_<

How can you complain about nostalgia? I was looking at some extremely old video games I used to play when I was much younger, as well as some Pokémon movies, and the nostalgia drove me crazy - in a good way, if there is such a thing as a 'good' crazy ...

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
How can you complain about nostalgia? I was looking at some extremely old video games I used to play when I was much younger, as well as some Pokémon movies, and the nostalgia drove me crazy - in a good way, if there is such a thing as a 'good' crazy ...
I never said it was a bad thing, though it is slightly overwhelming.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
I never said it was a bad thing, though it is slightly overwhelming.

I think I worded what I said in a confusing manner, haha. I did mean that nostalgia, in my eyes, can never have 'too much' of it. I don't know if that makes more sense, but that's what I meant! :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Sometimes nostalgia can be overwhelming. I often pull out old gaming systems to try and play some of my classics, but I usually get overwhelmed with the options or even from too many memories and it makes me want to put the system back away. :P

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
Sometimes nostalgia can be overwhelming. I often pull out old gaming systems to try and play some of my classics, but I usually get overwhelmed with the options or even from too many memories and it makes me want to put the system back away. :P

That is also a valid point. Some games which cause nostalgia for me have already been played thoroughly several times, giving me no reason to play them other than going crazy about the graphics or retro features for a few minutes.

Years
The only games that really caused nostalgia for me were Gunstar Heroes and Haunting Starring Polterguy, both for Sega Genesis. Though i was literally looking all over the internet for their names because i wanted to play them again at that point(i had no friend to play them with though).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Nostalgia isn't a bad thing, up to a certain point. Then you get to the point where your nostalgia blinds you to the good in other games (hardcore Genwunners, for example).

Also, side question: Besides the upcoming Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8, and DK Tropical Freeze, what other good games are there for the WiiU? I don't remember.....

TY

I haven't had any nostalgia trips since I rediscovered Rise of Nations, because most of the older games I still play and always have played :P

Yukari

Nostalgia isn't a bad thing, up to a certain point. Then you get to the point where your nostalgia blinds you to the good in other games (hardcore Genwunners, for example).

Also, side question: Besides the upcoming Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8, and DK Tropical Freeze, what other good games are there for the WiiU? I don't remember.....
Since it hasn't been released how do you know it's good?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've Rayman Legends, and it's quite fan. It's available universally, though, I believe, and not just Wii U. Aside from that, another one I'd recommend playing is Super Mario 3D World; extremely addictive, if you ask me!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I think there's a difference between feeling nostalgia and wearing your goggles. For instance, I enjoy Gen 1 and 2 of Pokemon quite a bit. I actually prefer them to the remakes and still consider them among my favorites. Part of this is because I've spent so much time with FRLG as a hacker, but there are other reasons that, as a gamer, I just plain enjoy the originals, no goggles needed (Music composition and instruments play a large part in that, among various other things). There are some that wear their goggles and relish in nostalgia to the point that what they're looking at becomes the peak, but I think someone that's truly self aware can completely avoid this. Of course, nostalgia goggles aren't always bad. If there's a game that hasn't aged well or if you're like me and you like to play a game in the mindset of its time, I don't think it's bad at all. After all, why deny yourself enjoyment of an otherwise fun experience?

As for the Wii U, Pikmin is great. It's a fun and incredibly polished experience that I can't help but recommend.

Upcoming is Hyrule Warriors, but I really have my eyes set on X. That game looks beautiful every single way, really doing its best to one-up Xenoblade.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Echoing Pikmin 3. Super Mario 3D World is another really good one. New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi as well. If you have friends, then Nintendo Land is a blast.

Wonderful 101 can be amazing IF you put the time into it, but I won't recommend this unless you're really interested in it. Lego City Undercover is another good one if you're itching for an open world game. If you never played Wind Waker, I guess you could go with the HD game. Wouldn't personally recommend WW at all in honesty, but eh. It's acquired taste.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I started putting away a bit of each paycheck for a Wii U but it was because I got all excited watching E3 and now none of the games are out and I am sad.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Zombi U
Darksiders 2
NFS:MW
NG3(Yes I'm serious, if you don't agree that's fine.

And god knows what else. I'm split between saving up for a Wii U or a phone, and I'm torn. Might get both, but god knows my paycheck doesn't agree. Anyway, ASMR goodness ahoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8bq_2X2g
I can listen to this all day long and not got tired.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've heard good things about Rayman Legends as well, but am yet to try it out. Child of Light also got good reviews, but that's on other platforms. Otherwise it's the usual Mario (Land and Kart in particular), DK and LoZWW being worthy picks imo. Nintendo land is also fun but it does require someone else to play with for it to really shine in the first place.

Pikmin games imo are always worth playing in particular though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back