• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Sigh* Yeah.. I'm okay..

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I typically do something that engages my mind if I'm super depressed.

Studying usually does the trick; it takes all of my attention, and it contributes to a better grade! Other times, I'll play a puzzle game.

If all else fails, video games.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ehh. I just kind of exist for a while, waiting for it to go away.

Unlike several other posters, though, I'm not one to act emotional if I'm sad or if something is bothering me. Things just work out better, under most circumstances, if I pretend I'm fine. I also just don't want to deal with people pestering me about it haha. Though apparently some people can tell by my voice, so I have to pay attention to make sure I sound neutral/happy/whatever.

Last edited:

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I attempt to play video games in an attempt to drown it out. It works, but only for a short time. If I'm sad, I'll cry about it and I generally feel fine afterwards. If it's depressing me, then I have to rely on video games or something humorous to distract my mind for a short time.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hm...I might try and play video games, like Call of Duty. I'll take my anger and despair out on the enemy..

Other than that, music helps me out, as well.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i listen to music i try to busy my mind with doing something,i sing,i read,i make new stories to write ..i talk to God!

sometimes i talk to someone when i need a heart to listen but tbh this is so rare nowadays

Nakala Pri

I sing a random song, pat a rabbit and make face's in the mirror! Life is too short to be gloomy! :D

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
If I'm upset at something, I'll vent about it on IRC or speak to somebody close to me (Internet-wise, of course; I can't really trust anybody in real life). It's a tried-and-tested way of dispelling emotion. I don't really get emotional as much as I used to, however, which is good and bad in its own ways.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I usually listen to a few relaxing soundtracks, try and hum a few tunes and probably talk to someone close to me if I feel really down. I also try and do things I enjoy to make myself feel better such as drawing along with letting it all out by expressing it with words on paper. It usually makes me feel a lot better along with playing a few games. :]

Years
I just do something that takes my mind off it, like watching a series I like or playing some online games. I have depression so I get times when it gets really bad, I usually talk to my mother then.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
If I feel sad, I usually take naps or I sleep for a long time. When I wake up, I feel refreshed and I feel lighter about whatever I am getting sad about :)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Depends on the situation;

• If its a natural disaster - or some other tragedy on the news (where people loose lives), and I know I can't do much, I will just light a candle and have a couple minutes of silence for the deceased. Get my mind of the saddened event I will watch Pokemon anime, play the games, or take a nap, or take a relaxing hot shower.

• If I feel sad because of missing a concert or sporting event (for example tickets sell out before I can buy some) - I'll just save the cash for next event, not much to do, so I just watch Pokemon anime, play the games, or take a quick nap or take a relaxing hot shower.
• Something similar: saddened if the team I'm cheering for looses the game or tournament, I'll just try and think in my head "there is always next time - no reason to get upset - [team name] will have better luck next time/season/year - I will never stop cheering for you", this kind of loss hurts for a while, but I got to remember its just a game, not to get personal... again to distract my mind I'll watch comedy movies or Pokemon anime.

• If its something more emotional for me (say a family member gets angry at me, or yells at me, even if it wasn't my fault - such as a drunk family member) - I will try not to take it personally, I will just lock the door, and listen to music, or watch Pokemon anime (it's the main thing that takes the sadness away for me), play games (not Pokemon, but board games or card games on my PC), watch a comedy movie.... something to cheer me up, or I will take a shower.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I just lie down and maybe play music. Otherwise I try wasting my time with video games. I don't try make myself feel better because I prefer thinking about why I'm sad and resolve everything in my head rather than ignore the problem itself.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i cry a lot lol
i'm not good at dealing with sadness in a healthy way and i end up venting at the people who least deserve it and i feel worse because i feel guilty about it and it just becomes a bad cycle :///
but yeah, if i feel that whatever issue i'm dealing with is going to upset me soon, then i force myself to keep it all together and i put on a tough exterior until it's late at night and i'm alone
and i just let it out i guess lol

sometimes if i'm just feeling really *****y or angry or particularly self loathing then i vent on my personal blog and just let it sit there idk

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Normally, I'd usually do things on my computer to take my mind off it, but if it does get a lot worse, then the problem is, I turn to drink... and I know it's not good for my body :(

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
Hmmm how I deal with sadness well I just do what I tell everyone to do. Going for a run or a jog gets you blood pumping and the air rushing through you which is a very good way to clear things up in your mind and allows you to think things through.

Back