• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Better?:

011Koccinip1.png
011KoccinipBack.png

036FlowirpBack1.png

Oh, and what's weird about the head? :paranoid:I really appreciate the comments, guys. You're really helping me and the rest of the spriters here to become a lot better. Anyway, we haven't had many new sprites lately that we're willing to show you guys, but I'll be done doing all the evolutions of the starters and their backsprites by tomorrow at the latest. Then I'll start on some new material and give you guys an update. ^_^ :cool:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Better?:

011Koccinip1.png
011KoccinipBack.png

036FlowirpBack1.png

Oh, and what's weird about the head? :paranoid:I really appreciate the comments, guys. You're really helping me and the rest of the spriters here to become a lot better. Anyway, we haven't had many new sprites lately that we're willing to show you guys, but I'll be done doing all the evolutions of the starters and their backsprites by tomorrow at the latest. Then I'll start on some new material and give you guys an update. ^_^ :cool:

Good! But the tail on Flowirp is way too long. The other two look awesome. But the back sprite's head looks a little fat. But it doesn't matter.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Kay! Striving for perfection ^_^ ~ Hmm.. Koccinip's getting to remind me too much of Spearow. Hrm...

036FlowirpBack11.png
011KoccinipBack1.png
I won't be making flowirp's tail any shorter than that, as its longer than the top leaf in the artz. Anyway, we're probably going to be steering away from the concept arts a little. I'll show you something in a pm, West. =3

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
keep the updates comming, i love seeing what you guys are working on

wishing i was a beta tester right about now
haha

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
This has gone up!
Looks good now, the Fakemon are sweet!
GL!
Glad you're back ^^ I'm glad you think its improved, we all do :D
===========================================================
Those sprites are looking much better, thank you everyone for your comments on the sprites, it does make improving way easier ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
This hack looks really really cool.

The fakemon are all really well done (especially that Blorwee, I think it's my favorite) and, in my opinion, are much better looking than most of the DPPt pokemon. I also really like the new fire starter; the old one was kind of freaking me out. Another thing I like is that the fakemon will have edited stats, making it more of a mystery to play.

I don't really find the story very compelling though. The description on the first post is kind of confusing and vague, this part I'm assuming is on purpose. Like who exactly are Team Enigma and the Rangers? Were the attacks some sort of revolution, sociopath attacks, etc?

I'd love to help with this hack in any way possible, but I don't know how to script or map or any of those things... But if you need help with story, plot, or even grammar, I'd like to try and help when I have time. I'm apparently a pretty good writer.

MegaMaccer

Years
This hack looks really really cool.

The fakemon are all really well done (especially that Blorwee, I think it's my favorite) and, in my opinion, are much better looking than most of the DPPt pokemon. I also really like the new fire starter; the old one was kind of freaking me out. Another thing I like is that the fakemon will have edited stats, making it more of a mystery to play.

I don't really find the story very compelling though. The description on the first post is kind of confusing and vague, this part I'm assuming is on purpose. Like who exactly are Team Enigma and the Rangers? Were the attacks some sort of revolution, sociopath attacks, etc?

I'd love to help with this hack in any way possible, but I don't know how to script or map or any of those things... But if you need help with story, plot, or even grammar, I'd like to try and help when I have time. I'm apparently a pretty good writer.
Thanks ^^ With the storyline, I tried to describe as best as I could, guess I didn't do a very good job though ^^. Basically, Enigma is the classic "Evil Team" before the game starts, which is the 10 years prior to the start of the game section of the story. What they do that makes them different is they actually succeed in taking over the region, and from then on they are set up as the government. When the player starts the game, Enigma has been in rule for quite a while, and everyone has accepted them as government. Like it says in the story, they are not cruel, but there is not as much freedom as there used to be, and now people are going missing. You'll basically find out a lot more history in the Alpha, there is quite a history lesson at the start ^^

Years
@ vannah08510:
i think they mean that one side of Kocinip's face is a bit out of proportion to the other side.

@ whole team: this project seems to be advancing in leaps and strides espescialy the fakemon keep up the great work.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Update

Update:

A small update, but an update nontheless. Here's 020, Illime.

020Illime.png

Well, Koccinip again. xD Only until everyone or mostly everyone is satisfied.

koccinips.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Thanks ^^ With the storyline, I tried to describe as best as I could, guess I didn't do a very good job though ^^. Basically, Enigma is the classic "Evil Team" before the game starts, which is the 10 years prior to the start of the game section of the story. What they do that makes them different is they actually succeed in taking over the region, and from then on they are set up as the government. When the player starts the game, Enigma has been in rule for quite a while, and everyone has accepted them as government. Like it says in the story, they are not cruel, but there is not as much freedom as there used to be, and now people are going missing. You'll basically find out a lot more history in the Alpha, there is quite a history lesson at the start ^^

I'm lookin' forward to that alpha then. :D

I also like that the "evil" team isn't evil. And in regards to that, does the "evil" team not being evil open up the possibility of multiple endings?

MegaMaccer

Years
I'm lookin' forward to that alpha then. :D

I also like that the "evil" team isn't evil. And in regards to that, does the "evil" team not being evil open up the possibility of multiple endings?
Sorry, let me rephrase that. The evil team is Evil, but they are not a "Team". You join a rebellion started by key figures who you will meet when you play ^^. There may not be multiple endings, but there will definitely be an open ending, possibly a cliff hanger type ending ^^

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I should, shouldn't I? : D Well, Ill try to think of something to occupy people in the mean time. Hey... no one really commented on my Illime. D: Give me the critique!

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
i think the sprite looks really good, the shading is nice, but its left leg looks a little too bright to me

MegaMaccer

Years
Alright, they are finally here! The Hero, Heroine, and Rival intro sprites. Now, I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I'm fairly sure we can use more than 16 colours on the intro sprite. If I'm wrong, please tell me, and if I'm right, let me know ^^
So, here they are, don't forget to comment:
Rival
Spoiler:
Heroine
Spoiler:
Hero
Spoiler:

EddFurret

"I am Who I am..."
Years
Those intro sprites are looking good! ^.^ I like the hero more than the girl...the girl looks kinda...idk bigheaded..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back