• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PokeCommunity Mobile Apps v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
Years
Shortly we'll be offering 4 mobile apps for PC.. 1 each FREE, ad supported apps for iPhone/pad and 1 for Android devices.

A bit later, we'll offer a ad-free paid version ($3.99 USD or equiv) of both iPhone and Android.

Right now we have avail the first release of the Android App for you to try out

Get it here:
get_qr.php

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vbulletin.build_1209

then rate it (5 stars), give a nice good review and then comment here about your usage and any issues you come across.

PLEASE, only post any issues here and not on the android site, so we can work the bugs, if any, out.

UPDATE

For the iPhone we now have available a paid, ad-free version, PokeCommPro:
get_qr.php

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokecommpro/id462124569?ls=1&mt=8

and a free, ad-supported version, PokeCommLite:
get_qr.php

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokecommlite/id461770057?mt=8

Our paid Android version, PokeCommPro, is now available on the Amazon Appstore for Android:
get_qr.php

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NJCXE4

Go check em out and let us know. Feel free to rate and review the app, but again don't post any bugs on iTunes sore page, post them here in this thread.

Years
Amazing. Good to see this has been produced; will check out the Apple version.

When one is made for the Windows phones, I will be fully happy.​

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Oooh~ Well, I'll certainly download and play with the android version. Apparently I was the first. |D

Melody

Banned
Years
[SIZE="a"]I like it. :D
Now I don't need to be at my comp to lurk moar.[/SIZE]

EDIT: Posted on android market
Works pretty well, only a few bugs of notice.
Spoilers do not open
On your profile, new lines within your profile inserts ugly <br> tags which are visible.
Unicode does NOT render properly, nor do custom usertitles of staff members which have HTML formatting codes in them. Recommend striping html entities like that.
-------

New bug, inserts size tag seen above. This post was originally posted from PokeCommLite, and edited from the computer.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
When you're viewing the content preview of blogs and/or threads, it shows the HTML markup in them instead of just the text. Same with profiles--if I view my profile on it, the information in the textboxes (claims, etc.) have <br> tags displaying if I hit enter in it. And my usertitle's HTML shows.

Also I don't like the lack of latest-thread on the forum display but I could live. :( At least a latest post time/date or the on/off icons for new posts would be nice though?

Glad the Android one came out first though! xD

Rukario

Banned
Years
Pachy: WTF? What part of do not post the bugs on the android site did you not understand?

Yes we're aware of the markup issues.. its usually happens in a css coded threads

We know there will be limitations as its pretty much designed for a vanilla vB install and well PC has a ton of custom stuff.

Melody

Banned
Years
Pachy: WTF? What part of do not post the bugs on the android site did you not understand?

Comments on Android Market can be edited or retaken, and ratings are far from final. I apologize but I DO rate apps honestly and truly to encourage bugs to be fixed. I know this annoys the snot out of developers, but it usually works wonders. :3
EDIT: Modified/removed comment and boosted to 5 stars to prove point. DO: Fix bugs or add to a "Known issues" header to description so you're not inundated with poor ratings. Then, low ratings by stupid people can be down-voted as not helpful.

Perhaps do some sanity checking on the vB end to make sure the mobile app doesn't get content it cant parse?

Last edited:

Rukario

Banned
Years
the point of this release is for us users, well those of you with an android device, to test this and report bugs.. HERE on PC.. so we can address them with the vB mobile dev guys.

Melody

Banned
Years
Mmkay. Make sure that's obvious on the app's description so that people notice. (I do read that because it's essential to know what permissions are required and what, if any bugs do exist that the dev/poster is aware of)

test_account

for all that is broken, I am the test.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2019
No, no time frame was given.. others have said it could take 30 days!

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
of course. typical apple huh?
oh well, i am def looking forward to checking the app out when it comes.

Last edited:
Years
The apps pretty good :D even on a small screen which my phone has its all working fine.

I have a question though, when the site has a database crash will the app goe down and if it does will it have an error page like the site does?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2021
If Apple don't approve because it's Pokemon, upload the ipa somewhere so that people with JailBroken iDevices can still use it. =)

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I like it, but as noted it does have some issues.

I've seen the <br /> code on user profiles. I've also seem the HTML user titles, it shows the HTML instead of rendering it.

Spoilers not opening as said before.

Also noticed that when viewing an album on user accounts it overlays the pictures on top of each other.

Great work who ever coded it much appreciated.

*I noticed that when I posted from App, that it puts "[SIZE="a"]" before the post, these are not valid code, so I don't know why they are there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back