• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Magma or Aqua/Kyogre or Groudon?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I love Groudon much more than Kyogre, but I prefer Team Aqua. A world full of water sounds wonderful whereas a barren wasteland of a world sounds horrific. We could all live in places like Pacidiflog Town and have floating houses and live out at sea with the Water Pokémon, it'd be awesome!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I personally think that the Aqua/Magma and Kyogre/Groudon polls should be separate threads. Anyway, I prefer Team Magma just because I always seem to prefer fire-related things over water, however I do prefer Kyogre over Groudon. I picked Sapphire originally, mainly because I liked Kyogre's design and it was one of my favorite legendaries for a long time. I used to think it could fly lmao. v_v Groudon is really cool too, just too big, bulky, and pointy for my tastes. As for Team Magma, I don't care enough about them to have a favorite leader and admin and such but I do like their grunt uniforms more than Aqua's. Though I will say both their grunt uniforms are better than Rocket's, Galactic's, and Plasma's (New and Old).

blue

gucci
Years
Hard decision since I like them both but since Kyogre is my all time favorite legendary then I'll go for Aqua/Kyogre.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm going to say Team Aqua and Kyogre seeing as I'm more of a water type sort of person, however I'm pretty on the line with this one. I'm a big fan of Team Rocket, so both teams are going to be inferior to them for me. Also, I really like both legendaries about the same.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I've always liked Team Magma better, because flooding the land would kill a lot of things, AND because Groudon is just awesome.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have no real affinity towards Team Magma or Groudon, so their opposite numbers easily win out in this battle. It helps that I played Sapphire when growing up, so the nostalgia is there; but, even now, I have no real love for Groudon. It's kinda ugly looking, and - like Lugia - I always thought it was the wrong type (i.e. it should be a Fire-type). It's specious logic at best, but its those irrationalities that keep me coming back to Kyogre.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
You can probably guess from my profile theme who I prefer. Yes Team Aqua and Kygore FTW.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I greatly prefer team Magma, because I first of all love Groudon, its design, and just how great of a Pokemon it is, and between Groudon and Kyogre, Groudon is definitely my favourite. Second of all, I like Team Magma's outfit much better than Team Aqua's, and I also like Maxie as a leader better than Archie. And I guess a lot of it comes from complete bias too, because I've only ever owned Ruby as a third generation game, and never got to see much to Team Aqua, but yeah, my points still stand.

Years
I am partial to Team Aqua and Kyogre seeing as I prefer water type pokemon and the teams 'water' goal above that of Team Magma. Though, Team Magma has better uniforms.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2012
I owned Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, but I will have to go with Team Magma and Groudon. Maybe because I played my Ruby game more than the others, but Magma just looks more evil. (Although in the mangas, Aqua was more intimidating).

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Team Magma and Groudon. Maxie was cooler than Archie, imo. And I also loved that Groudon is a boss. I like Kyogre, but Groudon is definitely my favourite, hands down.

weasel king

Cubone Lord and Dragon Master
Years
As the title suggests, this is about R/S/E GBA games. Anyway... Which team are you on? Magma/Groudon or Aqua/Kyogre? My favorite R/S/E is Rayquaza, but there's no team for that legendary. I'd have to be on Magma. They're so cool! And have a good 'mascot'!
Also...
I want to make this clear. M/A aren't evil, they just have different opinions. It's the religions of the Gen III PkMn games.

And...
If you'd please, state your favorite leaders of the teams. The bosses, Maxie and Archie, or the Admins, Tabithia and Shelly?
So my new team is Team Celestial, with Rayquaza!
Go to my profile and post ''I want to join Team Celestial'' to join!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I prefered Team Magma and Groudon. I did like Aqua's outfits better,but I prefer Magma because of the colors. I don't really remember the Leaders and Admins. So I can't give my opinion on them.

Back