• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movies: Buy or Download?

Buy or download?

• Buy

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Download

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Both

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
There should have been a neither option - because I don't do any of those above. But if I had to choose, I would buy, provided that I have seen it beforehand and liked it enough to buy. I'm not really a movies person myself, unfortunately.

Years
If I enjoy the movie enough and I know I'll watch it I will buy the film, but if it's just a film I'm planning on watching because I have nothing better to do I'll download it or stream it somewhere.
Recently though since I've moved out I lack a working DVD player so I've had to resort to downloading any film I want to watch even if I already own it on DVD.
Also if I want to have a permanent copy of a TV show then I will buy the set because ain't nobody got time to download that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I guess both, because when I buy movies, I buy them on iTunes. But I usually end up downloading a lot more movies without paying for them than I do buy them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't really buy movies often actually. If I do get one, I get the hard copy. I like having hard copies of things, and having the actual DVD means I can bring it on long bus trips for everyone to enjoy. Downside is that you can lose it, but I don't lose things often so that's not much of a problem.

Years
I download a lot of movies. I don't see the point in buying something that you can have for free. However I do buy box-sets or films worth buying, ones I would be proud of having in my shelf.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
There should be an 'Other' option on the poll.
I do not download, nor buy movies. I watch them in the cinemas or wait for them to be showed on HBO.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I was thinking about that this morning. I had to give a presentation in my gov class and when I inserted my flash drive to the teacher's computer for the projector, I was kind of wondering if anyone saw and what they thought about me having a little movie collection on the flash, lol.

I'm all for it. I do preach 'oh I only download movies I've paid to see in theater or bought the DVD of,' to cool some people's jets, but admittedly I do download movies I've never paid for. Who's to say I won't enjoy it and buy the DVD later, though?

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
download then if deemed worthy I'll buy it usually for extrended scenes cut scenes ect

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
I usually stream whether it's free or not. Websites that stream movies legally is fine with me but most of the time they aren't available in Asia so I'm left with no choice but to go for the free sites. As for downloads, I don't download movies immediately. I have to watch it first and see if it's worth buying for a re-watch though, and if it is indeed worth something then I'd buy a digital copy that can be downloaded at any given time.

It's very similar to music. If I ended up liking a particular song that I've heard on Youtube, then I'll immediately purchase a digital copy off from iTunes.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think I'll do both, since it depends on my own decision to buy or to download. Although currently I'm focusing more on buying.

Years
I love that we have stuff like netflix and hulu these days because it's a cheap way to get movies without pirating it. I would never go out of my way to buy a single movie, especially with how much they cost. I would only do that with a particular movie if I REALLY like it and even then I'm not sure.

Back