• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura
- Alice's room

Roxas face turned red as Alice offered to keep his presence here a secret since he probably wouldn't be allowed to stay here. Roxas nodded and walked to the bathroom. "l-lay in bed, i'll do something to lower your fever…" Roxas said to her, not showing his own face since it was all red.

"Hahaha! I find this rather amusing!" Obilivio said in Pokemon language and took a seat somewhere against the wall, only to take a short nap. Roxas searched around for a small towel and found one in a cabinet. What is this… Roxas thought as he wettened the towel with cold water. Getting all nervous around a girl… Roxas was getting a little frustrated.

Or perhaps… she's not just a girl… maybe my crrruus- and that was the moment his face couldn't become any more red and his heart started pounding like crazy. c-crush… Roxas finished the word in his head.

Really Roxas… where did you get yourself into… Roxas slowly took a look at Alice bit immediately turned back. But she is cute, isn't she…?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Entei Dorm

Alice listened to Roxas, and then went to bed while he went to the bathroom, to do something that would lower her fever. Jello was scolding Alice telepathically, but she wasn't actually listening. Her mind was somewhere else. She looked as if she was having the most pleasant dream ever, only with ehr eyes open. Said eyes looked sleepy, and had an odd sparkle in them.

"I'm telling you, Alice, I don't like this at all, this kid is-" Jello said before Alice sent him inside his Pokéball, so that the scolding would stop.

She let out a happy sigh and stared at the door. Roxas was soaking a towel for her and she could see he glanced at her but quickly turned back. She couldn't help but giggle, and continued to look at the Suicune Dorm boy in adoration. Her cheeks were reddish and her eyes looked more intense.

He sure worries about me...He's so sweet! she thought, biting her lower lip while she continued to stare at him dreamily

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura​
- Alice's room.​

Roxas squeezed the towel a little, and only came up to Alice when he felt his blush had slightly faded away. "Here you go..." He said before carefully laying to towel on her forehead. Roxas sat down next to her bed and scratched the back of his head with his right hand.

This is troublesome... my heart is pounding way to fast right now... Roxas thought, he then took another glance at Alice and saw she had putted her Solosis in her pokeball. "Y-you know... i have a pokemon that might help you feel better..." Roxas took out one of his pokeballs and trew it up in the air. Out of it came Luna, the Umbreon with Pink circles instead of yellow ones and a crown sign on her forehead instead of a circle.

"Umbre" Her sparkly eyes seemed to glow when she smiled. "Isn't she beautiful?" Roxas said as he smiled himself and patted her. "Luna, this is Alice, she's sick and needs some cheering up, how about it?" Roxas spoke kindly to his Umbreon. Luna nodded and agreed with him, Luna jumped on Alice's bed and layd down next to her so Alice could pat her.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Eric nodded as he shook Mark's hand back, "Nice to meet you too Mark." As Mark continued to speak about what had just happened though Lucia's good mood quickly went away. "Oh... did we come at a bad time then?" She asked him. "We can always come back later if you want..." She said. Lucia did wonder who this 'Val' was. Mark had said that she was a friend, and that this couple with him were her parents. If anything, it sounded like this Val was a very sore loser. Yes, one could not be perfect, but that was a fact of life. Lucia supposed that if Mark had battled her just now and she had just gotten upset, then this must have been the first time he won against her. Well, from her own battle, it seemed that Mark did have rather strong pokemon so apparently he had been training for this battle. At least, she thought so.

Eric just nodded his head, "Well, that is bad timing on our part then Mark."

Meannwhile Abdacus and Roberto were talking to one another, murmuring in soft whispers and every so often glancing over at Snype before continuing to whisper yet again. What were they saying? Well, obviously Snype would never know.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Evie Bellarost

Evie beamed at Wyatt's reply before moving to pass him with a happy chirp "Sure hope so" she grinned, as she waved to him. "Good luck by the way." She giggled, before turning her back on him and moving off towards her now new team mate, with one final, deep blue glance.

Jay stood, his Pokémon elegantly perched upon his person, chirping happily to one another, as they nestled in and for a split second Evie found herself wishing she knew what they were thinking.

Emil, who seemed to be the most timid of the three, had been chosen and from eyeing the young Cubone which Orange had chosen as his number one, Evie suspected why he had done this. After all, she too was worried about going up against such a young pokemon. It was so small and sweet that just thinking about some of Leka's moves make her stomach twist uncomfortably. Even with Orange's encouragements to go hard on the young animal, she was under no circumstances going to do that.

Leka was feeling the same way, sending Evie an uncertain glance before trotting to keep level with her as they approached Jay. Evie, pulling herself out of her thoughts, gave Jay her warmest of smiles, pulling her lips back slowly and making her cheeks glow as she tucked back a rouge pieve of hair behind one ear.

" I guess we're in this together for this double battle. Are you ready? I mean, it's okay if you're not. I just want to make sure."

Evie nodded to this, same smile still plastered across her face as she finally drew level with him, taking her place by his side. "I hope I am" she grinned, glancing at him sideways.

"Just not sure about Caroline is all" she muttered quietly.

Leka's attacks were pretty brutal at the best of times having been trained against Tauros all his life and other large Pokémon, they had to be it was part of their work on the ranch and somehow using a move like shadow ball on such a tiny, wee thing seemed almost over-kill so to speak.

Nervously she whistled to Leka whom had greater the bird Pokémon with a low bow of the head, exchanging a few greetings in gruff growls before taking his place in front of Evie, legs set slightly apart and ready to leapt instantly into action.

Moving to grab to green ribbon which was usually tied around her wrist, to tie back her hair, as her fingers only met skin on touch Evie remembered with a sad pout of her bottom lip, that the ribbon had been lost further up on the beach, but she shrugged this off and simply swept the silver curtain over her shoulders and out of the way.

"Ready when you are guys" she stated, for once, pulling off a tone of confidence as she eyed her competition. "How are we going to start this then?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark Wilson

"Bad timing? Nonono its fine. I wouldn't have said it was alright for you two to come if it was. Guess I just need someone to talk to." Mark said. Guess all Mark could do was walk it off... let Val cool down a bit then maybe talk with her later... he had no idea where to start looking for her after all... Aw well. He had friends around. That might be just what he needed to get cheered up. Mark had almost forgotten about Commodore. It was pretty exhausted from that last fight so he quickly returned Commodore to its Pokeball.

Snype meanwhile glanced at the two Scizor, whispering something. Snype was getting extremely anxious. He hated all of this hate he was getting and was even more curious what the big deal was with Sableye. They were cute and charming! At least, Snype figured he was just that anyways. He would have guessed it was some misunderstanding. Whatever cult they were in, had a disgust toward Sableye.

Mark hadn't even introduced Snype to Eric yet, so he proceeded to do so.

"Ah, almost forgot. The Sableye hanging on my Shoulder here is Snype. He's... well my Partner." Mark said. Snype waved non nonchalantly at Eric.

"So what have you been up to Lucia?" Mark asked.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Parents - On the road to Oak Town
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valorie's father acknowledged the newcomer silently. It would be awkward and difficult to explain who he was and why he was here without Valorie present. Hi, I'm the parent of some kid that is neither here nor do you know! Sup! He even seemed to remain quiet when Mark asked a question about Valorie, but this was likely not for the same reasons. He seemed to be thinking about it anyway. This time Valorie's mother was the one to shed some light on the situation.

"Well..." she started, hesitantly. "Yes." she admitted, seeming unsure of herself. One had to understand—Valorie hadn't been a trainer for long before her parents had sent her to the academy. Valorie's mother seemed to be either unsure, or unwilling to talk about it. After a moment she relented, though. "I guess she /has/ always been like that." she remarked, as if realizing this for the first time in her life.

....Huh.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Drake

Drake watched Asha for a moment, his arms loosely hanging by his sides. Apparently she didn't want his help. Understandable. He knew who she was looking for, and he wasn't on very good terms with him anyways. As the awkward silence wore on, he happened to look up and spotted a dragonite flying overhead... And was that someone on it's back? They were gone n a flash, moving to fast to track by the human eye, but boy did Killita follow them. Her head snapped around so fast Drake got dizzy, and she crooned happily and took off into the air.

"Killita! Get back here! Zeal, go!" Drake said, tossing the pokeball, revealing Zeal, who roared at Asha. Drake flicked his nose and climbed onto his back.

"No time to posture you overgrown lizard! Killita's gone tearing off again, and we have to rescue that poor soul. Go!" Drake said fondly. He grinned at Asha as Zeal took off. He again was the dragonmaster he once was, if only for an instant.

"I apologize, I must cut this meeting short. Despite everything it was nice talking with you. Maybe we can match wits again in the future." he called to Asha as Zeal flew after the dragon.

Kiki

Kii closed her eyes. She was confused... Why had she run out? Oh, too many people in a cofined space... She realized she had never done well in those situations, it was why she left home. She needed to be outdorrs. She needed air, she needed-

"Pachi?"

Kiki looked down and saw a squirrel sniffing her shoe. She opened her mouth to say something, but the pachirisu began to bite and gnaw on it. She bent down and picked it up, where it promptly bit her!

"OUCH! Cynder, get her!" Kiki cried, opening her pokeball and letting out the mouse, who squeeked in fright. The pachirisu also squeeked hungrily and dove into the bushes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
Eventually I reach the Academy. I took a long look at it. ''Wow this place looks amazing'' I say. I walk around the school to the back and see the dorms. ''sweet, I think I was in the Suicune dorm.'' I go to the dorm with the blue and inferred that it was the Suicune dorm. ''Wow'' I look around a bit. ''This place is amazing...hey guys how about we get some training done'' all 3 of them nod. ''Alright lets go to the mountains maybe we will see some cool pokemon'' I look inside my backpack real quick to see if i have some pokeballs. ''Alright lets go guys'' I say with excitement. After a little bit of walking we found a cave.

''I walk inside the cave and a zubat tries to use confuse ray on elekid. ''Elekid watch out'' Elekid dodges it it just in time then uses thunderbolt. The zubat gets shocked and starts to fly away. ''Nice job elekid'' Elekid nods. ''Lets keep moving I think i see light'' We exit the cave and end up at the base of the volcano.''I think we should turn back'' I was about to turn around when I heard a wild houndour. I used shadow ball at me but bagon used dragon breath to counter it. ''Thanks bagon'' Bagon looked like he wanted to battle. ''Lets do this Bagon, use dragon dance to raise your attack and speed'' Bagon dances around. Houndour looked at him crazy then used ember. ''Bagon finished the dance in time but got burned by ember. ''Bagon use ember'' Bagon shot at Houndour but that was a big mistake. It didn't look like ember effected Houndour but it made it stronger. Houndour used ember and it looked way more powerful then the first time.My eyes widened when I realized what happened. ''Bagon watch out Houndours special ability is flash fire, which means its immune to fire type attacks also when hit by a fire type attack its boosts its fire type moves as well.'' Bagon tried to dodge but he got hit in the foot. Bagon tumbled and fell. ''Bagon common get up you can do it.'' Bagon struggles to get up.''Use dragon dance one more time'' Bagon dances.'' Houndour uses bite and comes at Bagon fast. Bagon finishes the dance just in time. ''Bagon hurry and sidestep then use headbutt. Bagon was really fast and sidestepped then used headbutt with immense power. It made direct contact on houndours skull. Houndour made a tiny crater from where it landed, it was out cold. ''Alright'' I hurry and take out a pokeball. I toss it at the Houndour and it gets sucked into the pokeball. I stare hard. The pokeball shakes right, then left, then right. It then stops shaking. ''YES I CAUGHT A HOUNDOUR'' I hurry up and go collect the pokeball

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru rounded the fifth hallway of the hour. He had lost Kayla and Holly long ago when they had run off. Now where could they have gone? He pondered the thought in his head for a long time. His pokemon had been gone for awhile, and he was beginning to worry about them. He ran out into the academy grounds and decided to go hunt for them in the forest, with help or not.

The young lad sprinted through the halls, oblivious to the teachers and staff members calling out to him to slow down. "I HAVE TO FIND MY POKEMON!!!!" Was the only response he had as he burst out the main doors into the courtyard, much to the amusement of a lot of students....except for one: The apish looking man who Void attacked earlier. 'I'm gonna kill you kid.' The brute of a boy approached Haru threateningly. "He-hey there big fella. I'm not sure I taste very good....PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!" Haru cried in a hoarse voice, and he ran as fast as he could away with the fearsome bully on his tail. "ARCEUS SAVE ME!"

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
I pick up the new member of my team and hurry back into the cave. Bagon had taken a lot of damage.''Bagon you need a nice long rest'' I say holding up his pokeball. Bagon then returns back to the pokeball. I star running with Snivy and Elekid at my side. Eventually I see light at the end and start running towards it. I finally got out of the mountains and started on my way to the Academy.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia nodded a bit at Mark's reassurance. "Okay, well I'll be glad to help you out Mark." She said with a smile. Eric nodded at the comments her parents made, "So, she has always been like this? I suppose she must be very competitive. Tell me you two." He said as he looked at Valorie's parents, "Have you ever pressured her to do her best? Have you always had high expectations for her? It is highly likely that due to her losing in front of you two could have made her feel like she wasn't doing her best, that she let you two down in a way. I have seen some cases where a child wanted to impress his or her parents so much, that when they ended up failing in front of them they would have temper tantrums."

Eric glanced at Snype and something akin to anger seemed to pass over his eyes, but it quickly disappeared. "Well, hello there Snype." He said with a weak smile.

Lucia brushed her hair back, "Well, I tried out this pokemon club... it didn't go so well. That kid that was at the cafeteria, you know Issac? Well, he was there too. He pretty much told the instructor that I was a bad student! The instructor almost wiped Roberto with his Scyther too! Strange thing was that he was so rude! I gave him my name and even asked for his. Never told me once! Not only that but he would only answer a few of my questions and just ignored me the rest of the time! I'll say that I am NOT going back there again!" Lucia sighed, but smiled at Mark, "So, how has your day been going?"

The two Scizors had finished consulting and instead got behind their respective trainers and just seemed to stare intently at the Sableye.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
I make it back to the academy. ''Finally'' I find a nearby bench and sit down. ''Mom packed us some lunch before we left.'' I say talking to Elekid and Snivy. I take of my backpack and set it on the ground. I look through it and pull out 4 containers. One of the containers where a medium sized while the other 3 where smaller. ''Some rice and chicken for me and some Pokemon food for you guys'' I take out Bagons pokeball. ''Come on out bagon.'' I say holding the pokeball in the air. Bagon comes out. ''Come eat some food Bagon.'' I place it in front of each of them. They start to dig in.''This is the last of moms cooking for a while, wow am I gonna miss it.'' I say taking a plastic fork out.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Road to Oak Town

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

The road to Oak Town felt like a long road trip, without the car n' such. Kilik took a few glances at Valorie's parents & Mark. He felt distant from them. Well, you might've already guessed. He still doesn't even want to think about it, even though he can't avoid it. His parents, not here for Thanksgiving. What could be worse than that? If they didn't come for Christmas over another accident.

Kilik slowed down a bit & looked at Valorie's mother. He was, of course, listening in on everyone's conversation. However, he had nothing helpful to say about it. What could he say? She'll come back soon, & you'll have a great time? That probably wouldn't cut it. Something better than that would be better.

"She's very lucky her parents could be able to come for Thanksgiving," he commented, without showing the slightest depression. He was like a brick wall, unable to be read. On most occasions. This was one of those times.

That's right, get used to it.

Still holding Tentou, Kilik glanced at Mark. He saw him speaking to Lucia & someone else. He remembers Lucia, a little vague though. She mentioned someone named Issac. That guy... Kilik battled him once. He lost to Issac, but next time it won't be so pleasant.

He could tell Mark had a little crush on Valorie. He could be wrong, of course. Then again, he's able to read people very well. Why are people so reluctant to express their feelings to the one they truly love? With nothing else to say or do, Kilik continued the travel to Oak Town, hoping to get there soon.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark Wilson

According to Valorie's Parents... she had been like this for awhile... Though, Eric brought up a couple of points as well, such as Valorie's reasoning for acting the way she does. That made Mark feel even worse though. Mark started that battle so Valorie could show off in front of her parents. He expected Val to cream her but... Mark ended up having the edge. Mark had thoughts about just letting her win... but would that really be any better? It'd be even more of an insult! Its like saying "Hey, you kind of suck at this, so I'll give you a free shot". Mark would go through the battle honorably, and accept the results honorably. Sadly... Val didn't seem to see it that way. If Mark had lost, he'd accept it. He's lost several times before and has only gotten better from his mistakes. The more he lost, the more he learned.

Snype caught the look on Eric face when greeting the Sableye. Well he certainly didn't seem as happy to seem him as he was when greeting Mark. Snype thought he was just being paranoid though. Sooner or later he'd start thinking Lucia had a problem with him! Snype just frowned, and got a lot more tense.

Lucia explained her day to Mark. He didn't exactly have an opinion on Issac, but more so a pretty rotten first impression of the guy. Regardless, Lucia wasn't having too great of a day either. Guess her brother fixed that...

"Well, not too much since last class. Ended up seeing a fight between Valorie and someone who... someone called an "R man"... It messed up the hall pretty badly but I'm guessing you must have heard of it. The whole school is probably spreading rumors..." Mark said.

"Hey, you all want to head down to the Pokemon Center? I haven't had a chance to go down there in awhile and my Pokemon could really use some healing." Mark asked. Snype just hung behind Mark's shoulder, more tense then usual, he was just peeking behind it. Mark quickly took notice.

"Geez Snype... your never like this..." Mark said. He glanced over to the two Scizor. Yeah... it had to be them. Mark was half tempted to just challange Lucia to a battle and have Snype duke it out with one of them. Might not be the greatest idea. Snype wasn't optimized to deal with Steel types... He'd get creamed, sad to say.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru was having the most mixed-up day he had ever had. For one thing, he had gotten a girlfriend, and for another there was a blood-hungry bully after him. He didn't know what to think. Every thing was going right, AND wrong. Having eaten a lot of breakfast, Haru was starting to get sick from all the running. He called out to the buffoon behind him. "DON'T EAT ME! I'M NOT VERY TASTY!!!" Despite all of the disclaimers, the feind kept coming. 'COME HERE YOU LITTLE PUNK!"

After nearly half an hour of running Haru spotted another student eating a rather tasty looking lunch, that appeared to be made by his mom. "HELP ME! PLEASE!" He approached him and saw that he had pokemon. "HELP!"
Meanwhile, back in the forest Void, Twitch, and Torch tramped around without heed, and they had only been attacked by a couple of Heracross and a Tropius, which they had defeated easily. They were still unaware of Geronimo, who had been watching for hours. "I think we should head back guys." Void announced. The other two nodded their consent and they began to head back. Geronimo noted this and swiftly made his way to Haru. He could hone in on his location with his antennas. He was half way there in a matter of moment.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
I hear some one screaming help. I look in his direction and see him running towards me with a rather bulky kid behind him. ''Hey whats going on here?'' I question the guy running from the bully. I was rather a bit upset because I didn't even get to enjoy much of my tasty lunch after going into the mountains and such. I was so hungry I could eat a horse. I looked at Bagon for a little bit and see that he was feeling better already. Moms cooking must have satisfied.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
''Hey whats going on here?'' The stranger asked.

"This brute is going to eat me!" Haru cried fearfully. The bully was closing in, and he smirked when he saw Haru standing behind a random stranger. 'I'm going to enjoy this.' He produced to pokeballs from his belt and released the pokemon inside to reveal a Machoke and a Heracross. 'Blade, Nelson, get 'em!' He roared out the command to his pokemon, and they happily charged in. The Heracross was second from hitting the cowering Haru with a Megahorn when Geronimo came in as fast as the wind and blocked the attack, and followed up with a couple of Slashes. The Heracross was sent staggering, but the Machoke closed in and swung a few Rock Smashes at Geronimo, who ducked just in time and countered with a Quick Attack, pushing him back. Haru wasn't exactly sure what happened, but he liked it. Geronimo had come to his rescue, and he was doing it successfully. He looked to the kid. "Wanna join in on the fun?"

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
''Sure why not, let me test out my new pokemon'' I send out Houndour. ''Houndour use nasty plot.'' Houndour starts growling. I smirk and wait for my foe to command his pokemon. In my head I'm thinking this will be a easy battle with Houndour using Nasty plot increasing its special attack by two stages and on top of that there is a somewhat type advantage on heracross. If anything happens to Houndour then I can always substitute her for Bagon or Elekid. I had this plan all thought out and sealed tight, I had no reason to relax though because this bully has some strong pokemon. Machoke would probably be a problem for Houndour and heracross two if it knows any powerful fighting type moves.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru grinned. He was having his first two-on-two pokemon battle. "Nice." It seemed that his new ally had some competent pokemon. "Geronimo, keep the Machoke busy." The Scyther nodded and began to do a deadly dance around him, putting in a jab here, or a Slash there. He used plenty of Faint Attacks and Slashes to keep it on it's toes, but it was obvious it wasn't doing anything. "Geronimo, try using Leer!" Geronimo complied and gave every pokemon around a "if looks could kill" look. The Machoke backed up slightly, but it was enough for Geronimo to get into his defenses. He began to rain down Fury Cutter strikes on him, each one becoming more powerful. The Heracross darted in at the Houndour with an intention to win.

Back