• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
You don't need to worry about story, since most of them are separate from each other. I would say Awakening would be a good start, but really, you can start with any one that catches your fancy.

Actually, Blazing Sword would be a great start now that I think of it. It doesn't have weapon forging, reclassing, or multiple promotion options for units, so it's pretty simple and good for learning the basics of Fire Emblem gameplay. Plus, my brother and I played that when we were 9 and 11 (respectively), so I can assure you that it's easy enough for a beginner to get into (on lower difficulties).

Nakala Pri

I messed up on my file, I have a character I don't even like, but I think I got the classing kinda right. But anyway, Ima gonna start fresh as soon as I have inspiration to go through all of that again. xD

So, should I finally embrace Chrom? Or should I be a boy called Nathaniel and marry Cordelia, have a beautiful Morgan and Severa? :P

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I messed up on my file, I have a character I don't even like, but I think I got the classing kinda right. But anyway, Ima gonna start fresh as soon as I have inspiration to go through all of that again. xD

So, should I finally embrace Chrom? Or should I be a boy called Nathaniel and marry Cordelia, have a beautiful Morgan and Severa? :P

Embrace Chrom because Cordelia is mine.

How the **** do you create files so fast? It took me 20 hours of gameplay to beat the game. I'm astounded by people who say they can beat this in 2 hours.

Nakala Pri

Haha, yeah, I'll be a girl and marry Chrom. Married Henry last time, didn't end well. xD

I dunno, my mind just works really fast with Strategy games. I can easily view the map for the first time, instantly know who to send, what to equip them with and then I either scatter them or gather them in a sort of gang. :P Yeah, so as soon as I stop playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I'll move onto Awakening again. :P

Thank you~

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Not sure if this is still Fire Emblem-related, but:

Spoiler:

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I really hope he gets his Awakening outfit in this game. You know, like how Wario has 2 outfits in Brawl? Yeah, that'd be so sick.

Nakala Pri

He's been announced?? :O Holy cow! I'm so happy!!!!!!! ^^ YAYYAYYAYAYYAYAYYAYAY! He was so darn fun in Melee! :D

Lost my cool there. xD

Anyway, I'm going to marry Chrom, but what class should I have? I was previously a Wvyern Rider, but I was so darn OP. Hmm... need help~

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
He's been announced?? :O Holy cow! I'm so happy!!!!!!! ^^ YAYYAYYAYAYYAYAYYAYAY! He was so darn fun in Melee! :D

Lost my cool there. xD

Anyway, I'm going to marry Chrom, but what class should I have? I was previously a Wvyern Rider, but I was so darn OP. Hmm... need help~

What classes have you wanted to try? XD Personally, I think War Clerics with Bolt Axe are cool.

I dunno, you should be something unusual, like a Sniper, or something. XD

Nakala Pri

A BOW KNIGHT!! ^^ I love using swords but I do tend to use range a lot, so that's perfect! Thank you~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Username:Fsteak
Favorite Game: Awakening, by far the most entertaining and comprehensive one yet, I've had a lot of fun playing it.
Favorite Character: Ilyana. I know, not an Awakening character, but it doesn't change the fact that she's one of my favourite characters ever as well as a complete girl crush for me. Possibly because we both like food.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Thank God you're not one of those hipsters at SF, lol.

Oh, I definitely had a hard time deciding which one was my favourite, because I loved a lot of the Fire Emblem games. The only two I played that I knew were going to be exempt from consideration were Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn, although I do respect Shadow Dragon for being a remake of the first in the series (doesn't change the fact that it really shows its age).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Thank God you're not one of those hipsters at SF, lol.
Or 4chan, or GameFAQs, or Smashboards. Over there, Awakening is hated upon for not being like the older Fire Emblem games (no overworld, coliseums for level grinding, better art styles, etc.) and find Chrom and Lucina bland due to having their niches taken by Ike and Marth respectively.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Or 4chan, or GameFAQs, or Smashboards. Over there, Awakening is hated upon for not being like the older Fire Emblem games (no overworld, coliseums for level grinding, better art styles, etc.) and find Chrom and Lucina bland due to having their niches taken by Ike and Marth respectively.

Haters gonna hate, mate. All I can say is that, if Awakening was like the older games, the franchise would be dead now. I personally love the Awakening art because it's clearly Japanese while deviating a bit from the anime conventional art.

There's also the general envy that Awakening was the game that saved the series. People can't stand the fact their favorite game in a series isn't as loved as the "mainstream" one.

I don't think Awakening is perfect but it's incredibly fun and the characterization is awesome. Heck, some people were saying at SF that Shadow Dragon's cast is better than Awakening's because most of the characters are silent while Awakening's characters only speak drivel according to them. Really, are you going to say that no character development is better than some character development? And the character development in Awakening is a matter of opinion, I love most supports in the game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't think Awakening is perfect but it's incredibly fun and the characterization is awesome. Heck, some people were saying at SF that Shadow Dragon's cast is better than Awakening's because most of the characters are silent while Awakening's characters only speak drivel according to them. Really, are you going to say that no character development is better than some character development? And the character development in Awakening is a matter of opinion, I love most supports in the game.
Wasn't part of Fire Emblem's niches as a strategy RPG having units with their own personalities, making them lovable? That's what I was led to believe.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Wasn't part of Fire Emblem's niches as a strategy RPG having units with their own personalities, making them lovable? That's what I was led to believe.

Yeah but at the hipster's lounge they'll find any reason to hate Awakening. Including praising a flaw from another title in the series...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
From what I understand the remake of Shadow Dragon's sequel (which North American and European audiences didn't get to play) actually did develop its characters and gave them unique features, so for some of the units we meet in Shadow Dragon they DO eventually get some form of development. It's really quite a disappointment that SD was such a bare bones remake, though. Because I wanted to like it. I really did. But like I said, it really showed its age.

Some people just want to hate on a new thing and they'll come up with any reason they can get to do it. There's not much can be done to stop them. Just let them prattle on and eventually they'll starve from lack of attention and move onto something else.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
From what I understand the remake of Shadow Dragon's sequel (which North American and European audiences didn't get to play) actually did develop its characters and gave them unique features, so for some of the units we meet in Shadow Dragon they DO eventually get some form of development. It's really quite a disappointment that SD was such a bare bones remake, though. Because I wanted to like it. I really did. But like I said, it really showed its age.

Some people just want to hate on a new thing and they'll come up with any reason they can get to do it. There's not much can be done to stop them. Just let them prattle on and eventually they'll starve from lack of attention and move onto something else.

They didn't have to make Shadow Dragon so close to the NES game. XCOM was a remake done right. It wasn't just a graphics update, it modernized the mechanics of the game. From what I heard about SD it sounded like IntSys was too conservative and missed an opportunity to make a great game with recognizable characters (after all, it's FE1 we're talking about here) but instead went the purist way and didn't do a great job.

Back